Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer will probably be an excellent PM 09:39 - Oct 8 with 4665 viewsMullet

He's just not able to play the game is he? We are so conditioned to performative politicians, dogwhistles and the like that he'd look totally insincere trying it. That will make it hard to cut through with the masses.

It also explains the way in which he's walked a line of not being seen close to Corbyn or Boris et al. has left him looking a bit beige and unappealing to many. His performance just now on the BBC did highlight one thing.

He's the most likely to be utilitarian in sorting out the absolute mess he'll inherit. A bit like Atlee after WW2 it might be what we need as a nation. I doubt he can achieve something quite as seismic, or some people will appreciate just how bad everything is right now though.

Whatever he does he's going to be unpopular with some though isn't he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 11:37 - Oct 8 with 3306 viewsBlueBadger

Poor timing Mullers. Post this around 11 on a Monday and you've got a ten-pager.

Something for everyone to get the arse about.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 11:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:07 - Oct 8 with 3247 viewsDJR

I can't say I like the conference slogan which appears to be "Let's get Britain's future back".

https://labour.org.uk/updates/press-releases/lets-get-britains-future-back/

EDIT: On the podium, it's "Let's get Britain's Future back" with Britain's Future highlighted. That makes a bit more sense and makes it a bit like the Strangler's song "(Get a} Grip (on yourself)".
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 17:06]
Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:20 - Oct 8 with 3211 viewsSwansea_Blue

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 11:37 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

Poor timing Mullers. Post this around 11 on a Monday and you've got a ten-pager.

At least. And it will all be Corbyn’s fault.

Starmer’s dull, but he’s been ruthlessly efficient at getting the party as he wants it (whether you agree or not with what he’s done). Maybe he’ll show similar drive to start fixing everything the Tories have broken. I fully understand some people’s reservations though, and wonder if the schism in the party’s supporter base is going to hinder any progress he can make (assuming he gets in).
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:25]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:29 - Oct 8 with 3186 viewsCornette

Starmer couldn't whip cream with an outboard motor.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:29]

It's triple cheese, extra cheese, mayo, pickles, onions ONLY, large fry, with a Sprite, you dumb bitch!

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:33 - Oct 8 with 3164 viewsgiant_stow

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:29 - Oct 8 by Cornette

Pretty tricky to do that tbf. I mean even if you got a big bucket for the creme and stuck the motor in that, would it all just splash out the sides?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 13:00 - Oct 8 with 3130 viewsWhos_blue

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:33 - Oct 8 by giant_stow

Pretty tricky to do that tbf. I mean even if you got a big bucket for the creme and stuck the motor in that, would it all just splash out the sides?

Also, don't outboard motors entrain water in and pass it around the motor to cool it?
I'm not sure if cream has the same cooling factor as water and I suspect it would make a right mess.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 13:09 - Oct 8 with 3105 viewsCaptainAhab

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 13:00 - Oct 8 by Whos_blue

Also, don't outboard motors entrain water in and pass it around the motor to cool it?
I'm not sure if cream has the same cooling factor as water and I suspect it would make a right mess.

Also, even if it did work, it's be a pretty inefficient, expensive way of whipping cream. Seems more like something the Tories would try after handing out a massive contract to their mates outboard motor company
Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 13:40 - Oct 8 with 3039 viewsMullet

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 11:37 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

Apologies to Phil and Gav in the revenue I've now cost them.

Login to get fewer ads

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 14:12 - Oct 8 with 2994 viewsZx1988

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 13:09 - Oct 8 by CaptainAhab

Also, even if it did work, it's be a pretty inefficient, expensive way of whipping cream. Seems more like something the Tories would try after handing out a massive contract to their mates outboard motor company

And just imagine the stench from the motor a few days after having used it.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 16:46 - Oct 8 with 2868 viewsMullet

A pretend Wrestling fan who doesn't rate Starmer eh?

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 17:00 - Oct 8 with 2823 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 16:46 - Oct 8 by Mullet

I’m guessing his free trial of Simpsons Meme Creator has run out.

Another one in the bin.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 17:11 - Oct 8 with 2764 viewsDJR

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:20 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

Starmer’s dull, but he’s been ruthlessly efficient at getting the party as he wants it (whether you agree or not with what he’s done). Maybe he’ll show similar drive to start fixing everything the Tories have broken. I fully understand some people’s reservations though, and wonder if the schism in the party’s supporter base is going to hinder any progress he can make (assuming he gets in).

I don't get the impression that there is much of a schism amongst the Labour membership as a whole, with it still having 380,000 members. And in constituencies with the likelihood or possibility of a Labour MP (and even in those that don't) activists tend to work hard for, and support, their local candidate, whatever reservations they might have about the Party nationally.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 17:15]
Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 17:52 - Oct 8 with 2682 viewsWeWereZombies

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 17:00 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

I’m guessing his free trial of Simpsons Meme Creator has run out.

Another one in the bin.

I did tell everyone that HS2 would come along...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 18:20 - Oct 8 with 2622 viewsfactual_blue

That's the sort of stupid and pointless activity I'd expect from the tories, not a competent man like Sir Keir.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 18:59 - Oct 8 with 2558 viewsCornette

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 16:46 - Oct 8 by Mullet

He's flatter than a plate of piss.

It's triple cheese, extra cheese, mayo, pickles, onions ONLY, large fry, with a Sprite, you dumb bitch!

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 19:04 - Oct 8 with 2543 viewsMullet

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 18:59 - Oct 8 by Cornette

He's flatter than a plate of piss.

Given the piss would sit on top of the surface of a plate. It would by default be the opposite of flat, as the piss renders the flatness of the plate moribund.

This is the dairy-infused motor all over again isn't it?

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 19:14 - Oct 8 with 2514 viewsNthQldITFC

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:33 - Oct 8 by giant_stow

What you could do I suppose is gear the thing down by using the outboard on a fixed bracket to drive water around a loop of channel, and into this channel insert a secondary propeller or worm drive type thing, connected to your whisk. If you used a worm drive on a vertical mount, you could adjust how much of it was in or out of the water in order to regulate how much torsion you were 'trapping' and thus, given a certain friction in the whisk bearings, how fast the whisk would turn.

This is only a very rough idea, of course, and the terminology is probably sh!t.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 19:51 - Oct 8 with 2462 viewsRyorry

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:20 - Oct 8 by Swansea_Blue

Not dull behind the scenes apparently - well not according to this BBC R4 'Profile' (the latest in the series) anyway! -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001r7ly

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 19:54 - Oct 8 with 2453 viewsRyorry

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 19:14 - Oct 8 by NthQldITFC

What you could do I suppose is gear the thing down by using the outboard on a fixed bracket to drive water around a loop of channel, and into this channel insert a secondary propeller or worm drive type thing, connected to your whisk. If you used a worm drive on a vertical mount, you could adjust how much of it was in or out of the water in order to regulate how much torsion you were 'trapping' and thus, given a certain friction in the whisk bearings, how fast the whisk would turn.

This is only a very rough idea, of course, and the terminology is probably sh!t.

But think of the carbon footprint for that!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 20:01 - Oct 8 with 2426 viewsgiant_stow

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 19:14 - Oct 8 by NthQldITFC

You're a true problem solver!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 09:12 - Oct 9 with 2213 viewsDarth_Koont

I’m sure he’ll be excellent at shoring up the left side of the establishment and sticking it to the unions and sitting on his hands over child poverty and widening gaps in society.

He and his cabinet will provide amazing cover for the status quo and the muzzling of any opposition/alternative.

Pronouns: He/Him

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 09:17 - Oct 9 with 2191 viewsDJR

A couple of snippets from Politics Live on the Guardian.

First, the conference is likely to be overshadowed by what's going on in Israel.

Second, Paul Johnson of the Institute for Fiscal Studies has said that it would be very difficult for Labour to improve public services without raising taxes, which it appears to have ruled out.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 9:17]
Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 09:35 - Oct 9 with 2153 viewsbaxterbasics

I think 'probably' is doing a lot of work there in your headline.

But as a never-voted-labour chap I am resigned to the reality that he will likely get a shot at the job and I am at peace with that. Much more relaxed than if it were Corbyn, which does kind of explain why 'the left' is so unsatisfied.

For me the best we can hope for is a competent administration that doesn't balls everything up. That at least would be an improvement on the last 4 years. He may prove a dull but effective 'caretaker' PM. Good luck to him.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 09:42 - Oct 9 with 2121 viewsDJR

Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 12:07 - Oct 8 by DJR

I can't say I like the conference slogan which appears to be "Let's get Britain's future back".

https://labour.org.uk/updates/press-releases/lets-get-britains-future-back/

EDIT: On the podium, it's "Let's get Britain's Future back" with Britain's Future highlighted. That makes a bit more sense and makes it a bit like the Strangler's song "(Get a} Grip (on yourself)".
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 17:06]

I see that John Crace has also picked up on the slogan.

"The one conundrum is the conference slogan. Let’s Get Britain’s Future Back. What exactly does it mean? Are we back to the future like some latter day Marty McFly? Will a Keir past and a Keir present somehow meet in a Keir future? It’s sometimes hard to know which way is up."
Starmer will probably be an excellent PM on 13:54 - Oct 9 with 1988 viewsDJR

As someone who is retired, this comment from the Guardian expresses more bluntly a thought I have had about the use by both parties of the term, and it made me laugh..

"Fed up with all this stuff about hard-working people. What about lazy bastards like me?"
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 13:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024