Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor the only negative from last night 11:04 - Sep 20 with 6240 viewshunty21

Hopefully it was just nerves but he needs to keep the ball better not expecting fireworks but luongo is on another level to hom
Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:09 - Sep 20 with 3871 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Work rate was very good, just selected the wrong ball or gave it away too often.
Suspect he's woken up this morning wondering if he really took his opportunity.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:12 - Sep 20 with 3853 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's got a lot to learn for this style imo, Massimo and Morsy have years of experience behind them on how to trap a ball, gain a yard of space whilst being marked by 2 players at the same time. Taylors having to learn that. You can see his style has always been direct midfield play, but his shielding of the ball etc is poor. It will come though. But you saw the difference as soon as Luongo came on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:14 - Sep 20 with 3857 viewsGarv

Bit harsh to call him a negative I think. He started a bit wayward but grew into the game and always tried to be positive.

Forcing out Massimo long term is going to be a slog for him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:19 - Sep 20 with 3820 viewshunty21

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:14 - Sep 20 by Garv

Bit harsh to call him a negative I think. He started a bit wayward but grew into the game and always tried to be positive.

Forcing out Massimo long term is going to be a slog for him.

Thesaurus correction - improvement needed, and yes hes kne injury away from being in the team
Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 3761 viewsFtnfwest

He'll learn and bring his own style to the system when he's needed. I think Kieran was especially please last night because he was able to give a couple of key players a 'rest' and they'll be fresh for Saturday, but still got a result as well.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:26 - Sep 20 with 3740 viewsxrayspecs

He will be fine.

Clarke is getting back to full fitness
Williams is getting fitter and learning our system
Omari is learning his role in and out of possession.

All have improved with game time, so will Taylor. There is a reason KM chased him for three transfer windows.
I thought Taylor showed improvement in some of his decision making on 11:26 - Sep 20 with 3741 viewsunstableblue

Yes it took a while to fully get into the game.

But I don't think he was as bad as some are making out.

He was trying to look and pass forward more than in previous games, and he made some good tackles. He's quicker than Luongo as well.

I think game time is going to help him. And he just needs to reduce some of the weaker decision making and misplaced passes.

I'm confident he'll make it here.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:28 - Sep 20 with 3731 viewshype313

Just think he's almost trying to hard.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:31 - Sep 20 with 3715 viewshomer_123

As I posted last night:

A further observation - a lot of talk, and rightly so, about our strength by homer_123 19 Sep 2023 22:21
Different player, likely being asked to do things a little differently from Mass.....as I said, 'getting there'.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:32 - Sep 20 with 3709 views_clive_baker_

I wouldn't read too much in to it. 2 or 3 times he got caught in possession, needs to use the ball a bit quicker and be a bit tighter in possession, but that wont be news to him. I think Wolves is a good opportunity to put him in from the start again. There's a good player in there.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:34 - Sep 20 with 3689 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We have seen Morsy and Luongo for what seems like 200 games in a row now going to be very difficult for anyone to come in and look instantly comfortable.

But I thought he did ok, worked hard made some nice forward runs, was strong in the air. Promising debut away at a good team.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:51 - Sep 20 with 3582 viewsOsborneOneNil

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:32 - Sep 20 by _clive_baker_

I wouldn't read too much in to it. 2 or 3 times he got caught in possession, needs to use the ball a bit quicker and be a bit tighter in possession, but that wont be news to him. I think Wolves is a good opportunity to put him in from the start again. There's a good player in there.

Being at the game I was excited to see Taylor play. He just seemed slightly nervous, and maybe a bit overwhelmed. Good work rate, few good tackles, but needs to calm down when in possession. Two hospital balls played before being hooked.

Get him in v Wolves.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:53 - Sep 20 with 3565 viewsberkstractorboy

Here's an idea. Let's not look for any negatives from last night, KM rotated the squad a little yet we still beat a Saints team with very good (but out of sorts) players.

We've just got to enjoy this for a while and let the squad develop as we will need them all at some point and of course some aren't as good as the others but they need time on the pitch to develop, its certainly helped Williams and Hutchinson.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:58 - Sep 20 with 3515 viewsFrimleyBlue

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:53 - Sep 20 by berkstractorboy

Here's an idea. Let's not look for any negatives from last night, KM rotated the squad a little yet we still beat a Saints team with very good (but out of sorts) players.

We've just got to enjoy this for a while and let the squad develop as we will need them all at some point and of course some aren't as good as the others but they need time on the pitch to develop, its certainly helped Williams and Hutchinson.

Here's an idea, crazy I know.

But how about we all be grown up and discuss football like it has been for years, discuss pro's, cons etc etc of football.

Fk me, since when did football become just a pro positive discussion sport.

so odd.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:00 - Sep 20 with 3502 viewsJackNorthStand

Brandon Williams also has much to improve. Gets nowhere near the level or style of Leif. Fortunately Leifs injury is only short term.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 12:00]
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:02 - Sep 20 with 3485 viewsberkstractorboy

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:58 - Sep 20 by FrimleyBlue

Here's an idea, crazy I know.

But how about we all be grown up and discuss football like it has been for years, discuss pro's, cons etc etc of football.

Fk me, since when did football become just a pro positive discussion sport.

so odd.

Discussion fine but why do we have to find a negative. It's just the connotation when a post starts with negative in the title.

BTW i don't think you can call out anyone for being odd with some of the tosh you spout on here.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:03 - Sep 20 with 3462 viewsWickets

I sort of thought he was kinda ok first half but seemed to run out of steam second either that or he lost his confidence after a mistake or two , it was the right time to sub him .What we do know is he is a quality player at this level and will get more chances and bounce back .
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:07 - Sep 20 with 3437 viewsJackNorthStand

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:02 - Sep 20 by berkstractorboy

Discussion fine but why do we have to find a negative. It's just the connotation when a post starts with negative in the title.

BTW i don't think you can call out anyone for being odd with some of the tosh you spout on here.

I think you are confusing people giving a point of view of areas for improvement with people “ being negative “ for the sake of it.
Or to flip that on 12:13 - Sep 20 with 3411 viewsDyland

How positive for Jack and us fans that he had some nervous moments and wasn't up to speed in a first league start that a) he will learn from and b) was a tough away game we fackin won, so his line fluffing didn't matter. Indeed, his fluffs will benefit him and the team in the longer term.

Reality is that we don't have a squad of supermen, as hard as that is to comprehend on this ridiculously good run. Many better players than Taylor have come into better teams and been equally nervy or worse. He'll be fine.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:13 - Sep 20 with 3395 viewsberkstractorboy

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:07 - Sep 20 by JackNorthStand

I think you are confusing people giving a point of view of areas for improvement with people “ being negative “ for the sake of it.

Possibly true Jack but our fanbase has many that are negative for the sake of it!
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:42 - Sep 20 with 3203 viewsOsborneOneNil

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:13 - Sep 20 by berkstractorboy

Possibly true Jack but our fanbase has many that are negative for the sake of it!

You’re not wrong. However, on this point, I agree with Jack and Frimmers. Taylor is a discussion point, and he had an off day.

Plus, it’s clear that we ALL are looking forward to seeing him grow and become a key player for us.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:47 - Sep 20 with 3159 viewsthe_toff

Taylor the only negative from last night on 11:12 - Sep 20 by FrimleyBlue

He's got a lot to learn for this style imo, Massimo and Morsy have years of experience behind them on how to trap a ball, gain a yard of space whilst being marked by 2 players at the same time. Taylors having to learn that. You can see his style has always been direct midfield play, but his shielding of the ball etc is poor. It will come though. But you saw the difference as soon as Luongo came on.

He joined Chelsea's academy at 7 years old.

I'm pretty sure he's been taught how to trap a football.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:53 - Sep 20 with 3118 viewsRedX

I get the impression he’s a guy who’s going to get very frustrated if not starting.
Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:55 - Sep 20 with 3095 viewspointofblue

Seeing him play, I wonder whether he could benefit more from backing up Chaplin and playing slightly further forward. Have a more defensive central midfield behind him and be able to push forward more.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:55 - Sep 20 with 3096 viewsberkstractorboy

Taylor the only negative from last night on 12:42 - Sep 20 by OsborneOneNil

You’re not wrong. However, on this point, I agree with Jack and Frimmers. Taylor is a discussion point, and he had an off day.

Plus, it’s clear that we ALL are looking forward to seeing him grow and become a key player for us.

Agree Taylor is a discussion point, just get grumpy when I see the title use the word negative as feels like just another needless negative post we get on here.

However its world's apart and I should take my grumpiness elsewhere
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024