Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you imagine this at Ipswich 22:48 - Sep 4 with 3843 viewsElderGrizzly

Beats a bedsheet I guess

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 23:00 - Sep 4 with 3447 viewsPerublue

Lucky they didn't say anything about the dirty knife

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 00:15 - Sep 5 with 3315 viewsgainsboroughblue

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 23:00 - Sep 4 by Perublue

Lucky they didn't say anything about the dirty knife

It wasn't smelly.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 06:04 - Sep 5 with 3124 viewsBondiBlue

Wow. Assuming the club sanctioned that. If so, i imagine there might be a few transfer requests put in the next morning.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 07:00 - Sep 5 with 3040 viewsPendejo

It's not a patch on Delia's "where are you"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:30 - Sep 5 with 2787 viewsGuthrum

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 06:04 - Sep 5 by BondiBlue

Wow. Assuming the club sanctioned that. If so, i imagine there might be a few transfer requests put in the next morning.

Surprised the manager let it happen. I wouldn't want my players exposed to that kind of entitled, self-important, pretentious rubbish.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 2734 viewsTractorCam

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:30 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

Surprised the manager let it happen. I wouldn't want my players exposed to that kind of entitled, self-important, pretentious rubbish.

French football is an absolute cesspit.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:45 - Sep 5 with 2723 viewsBondiBlue

Maybe it will work on one or two players but you'd imagine that morale will be on the floor for most of the squad now.

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:46 - Sep 5 with 2739 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A similar kind of message ought to have been said towards the Ipswich players back in 2019 following the relegation and its manner. No fight, no desire, no heart and reminding them 'you wear an Ipswich shirt' wouldn't make any harm.

Instead of that SBR stand applauded them and their lack of effort.
Login to get fewer ads

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:47 - Sep 5 with 2712 viewsBondiBlue

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:46 - Sep 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

A similar kind of message ought to have been said towards the Ipswich players back in 2019 following the relegation and its manner. No fight, no desire, no heart and reminding them 'you wear an Ipswich shirt' wouldn't make any harm.

Was it lack of effort? I thought it was because they weren't good enough.

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:51 - Sep 5 with 2714 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:47 - Sep 5 by BondiBlue

They weren't good enough due to the very bad recruitment. But there is no excuse for lack of fight.

They didn't even try. Even Bolton who had had huge off-field problems finished above them.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 10:52]
Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 11:07 - Sep 5 with 2662 viewsWeWereZombies

It is noticeable that most of the players are still perspiring after running who knows how many kilometres during the game, a pity that no one handed over the microphone so they could have their say to those poor spectators who had given their all by sitting on their derrieres for a couple of hours...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 11:10 - Sep 5 with 2653 viewsTractorCam

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:47 - Sep 5 by BondiBlue

Indeed, that team definitely had the effort, just lacked the ability. 20/21 on the other hand...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 11:20 - Sep 5 with 2621 viewsMattinLondon

I’m not sure whether it’s due to a desire to be one of the cool kids or trying to look superior to others but I don’t know why some people are being completely disingenuous in regards to the end of the 2019 season. Criticising fans for ‘clapping off’ a relegated team and trying to be smug regarding that ‘Lambo’ banner.

At the time, fans wanted to believe in something and wanted to believe in the spiel and good PR that Lambert offered. Fans were tired of the boredom of Mick, the complete ineptitude of Evans as well as PH. Lambert offered something better - it never materialised but people wanted to believe in him hence the large amounts of goodwill that he received at the time.

Not sure why people want to try and rewrite history when the overwhelming consensus was that fans were proud to stick by that team fight to the end. Ok, with hindsight it makes little sense but at the time it did - regardless of what some posters might well want to believe now. (with a large degree of revision).
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 11:25]
Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 2542 viewsJ4ck22

Good god, you really need to let it go...
Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 12:11 - Sep 5 with 2468 viewsSitfcB

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 11:20 - Sep 5 by MattinLondon

I’m not sure whether it’s due to a desire to be one of the cool kids or trying to look superior to others but I don’t know why some people are being completely disingenuous in regards to the end of the 2019 season. Criticising fans for ‘clapping off’ a relegated team and trying to be smug regarding that ‘Lambo’ banner.

At the time, fans wanted to believe in something and wanted to believe in the spiel and good PR that Lambert offered. Fans were tired of the boredom of Mick, the complete ineptitude of Evans as well as PH. Lambert offered something better - it never materialised but people wanted to believe in him hence the large amounts of goodwill that he received at the time.

Not sure why people want to try and rewrite history when the overwhelming consensus was that fans were proud to stick by that team fight to the end. Ok, with hindsight it makes little sense but at the time it did - regardless of what some posters might well want to believe now. (with a large degree of revision).

He offered f’ck all. Should never have been accepted here. Took us down with no fight. Tried playing the wrong style of football and was the complete wrong man for the job.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 12:13 - Sep 5 with 2469 viewsMattinLondon

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 12:11 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

He offered f’ck all. Should never have been accepted here. Took us down with no fight. Tried playing the wrong style of football and was the complete wrong man for the job.

That is said with hindsight. At the time it was completely different.
Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 12:43 - Sep 5 with 2390 viewsLeoMuff

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 10:51 - Sep 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

They weren't good enough due to the very bad recruitment. But there is no excuse for lack of fight.

They didn't even try. Even Bolton who had had huge off-field problems finished above them.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 10:52]

I’m not sure why anyone would continue to blame the players, the problem was very very clearly Marcus Evans and his huge underinvestment in every area of the club, but at this point mainly quality of player, quality and quantity of support staff and sports science.

All the events subsequently have proven we were a basket case and I would wager quite possibly in league 2 by now if gamechanger hadn’t rode in.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

No it wasn't.... on 12:49 - Sep 5 with 2358 viewsBloots

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 12:13 - Sep 5 by MattinLondon

That is said with hindsight. At the time it was completely different.

....I even remember Mr Sitters and myself having a conversation about how much of a disaster Lambert was going to be in his early days.

It was at some random northern away day, I'm sure he can confirm.

He should never have been tolerated, let alone applauded as he relegated us.

Scum.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 13:46 - Sep 5 with 2207 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 12:43 - Sep 5 by LeoMuff

I’m not sure why anyone would continue to blame the players, the problem was very very clearly Marcus Evans and his huge underinvestment in every area of the club, but at this point mainly quality of player, quality and quantity of support staff and sports science.

All the events subsequently have proven we were a basket case and I would wager quite possibly in league 2 by now if gamechanger hadn’t rode in.

Dead right everything what you are saying about Evans. Why then did the big number of our fans defend him throughout the years? Why did some of them even say 'thank you Marcus' on the day Gamechanger took over? Even now on the matchdays you will still spot a few in the Town shirts with his logo on it.

The players? They simply took an advantage of this culture. Not demanding and not interesting owner in Evans. Nice and easy payday for them and the same time peoples darlings Skuse and Chambers kept waffling the same crap about their commitment and desire in the countless interviews. People were easily lapping it up and fawning over both of them in particular.

Evans was the main problem of course. The second one was the player-power and rotten culture in the dressing room. Therefore that was a graveyard for all Hurst/Lambert/Cook. Yes they were poor managers but the player-power was the much bigger problem.

The players relegated us without a fight and offered nothing in League One. Utter scumbags.
No it wasn't.... on 15:01 - Sep 5 with 2080 viewsSitfcB

No it wasn't.... on 12:49 - Sep 5 by Bloots

....I even remember Mr Sitters and myself having a conversation about how much of a disaster Lambert was going to be in his early days.

It was at some random northern away day, I'm sure he can confirm.

He should never have been tolerated, let alone applauded as he relegated us.

Scum.

Something along the lines of “It’ll never work” “can’t believe he’s our manager” “scum c*#t” wasn’t it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That was the gist of it, yeah. (n/t) on 15:10 - Sep 5 with 2059 viewsBloots

No it wasn't.... on 15:01 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

Something along the lines of “It’ll never work” “can’t believe he’s our manager” “scum c*#t” wasn’t it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

How embarrassing on 15:45 - Sep 5 with 1993 viewsDyland

Sure, footballers are overpaid and under perform a lot of the time, but that's really egotistical and weird. Is it staged? Or fake? I can't tell any more.

Each to their own though innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 15:54 - Sep 5 with 1954 viewsLeoMuff

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 13:46 - Sep 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Dead right everything what you are saying about Evans. Why then did the big number of our fans defend him throughout the years? Why did some of them even say 'thank you Marcus' on the day Gamechanger took over? Even now on the matchdays you will still spot a few in the Town shirts with his logo on it.

The players? They simply took an advantage of this culture. Not demanding and not interesting owner in Evans. Nice and easy payday for them and the same time peoples darlings Skuse and Chambers kept waffling the same crap about their commitment and desire in the countless interviews. People were easily lapping it up and fawning over both of them in particular.

Evans was the main problem of course. The second one was the player-power and rotten culture in the dressing room. Therefore that was a graveyard for all Hurst/Lambert/Cook. Yes they were poor managers but the player-power was the much bigger problem.

The players relegated us without a fight and offered nothing in League One. Utter scumbags.

The managers and the players simply weren’t of a good enough standard, that’s why almost none of them played at championship level again. Not a lack of effort, just not the required investment in playing staff to compete at that level. Skuse and Chambers had over 1200 league app between them, you don’t get that without commitment

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

There's one thing supproting your team on 15:55 - Sep 5 with 1956 viewsDyland

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 11:20 - Sep 5 by MattinLondon

It's quite another applauding them off and singing the manager's name as he laps it up, right after you've been relegated to the third tier for the first time in forever with one of the most abject seasons the Championship had ever witnessed. Lambert was a disaster, regardless of Evans, Hurst, Mick or the bloody Curse or whatever, and plenty of people in the Upper North hightailed it sharpish in disbelief, myself being one of them.

Of course, we have the usual vitriol and borderline libelous accusations being thrown by the usual suspect at the usual suspects on this thread. I couldn't be doing with that then and certainly not now. Did I clap them off though? No of course I bloody didn't. Whether they made an effort or weren't good enough or it was his fault sir no it was yours etc. I couldn't care less... the issue was Evans full stop.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Can you imagine this at Ipswich on 19:27 - Sep 6 with 1554 viewsHARRY10

What utter nonsense

Oh yes, Lyon the Champions of Europe umpteen times, striding the global football world like some Colossus - being beaten by the lovely, impoverished PSG.

A grade A twt with a megaphone, clueless to how things are ...... perhaps if Luton lose 4-1 at home to Man City we could see some numpty whingeing away on a megaphone.

As with performances elsewhere cretins now feel the show needs their participation/input. If you don't like it Alphonse then don't go, it really is that simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024