Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jaden Philogene 11:18 - Aug 21 with 6269 viewsitfcjoe

(via Gregg Evans - the Villa beat writer at The Athletic)

Hull in talks to sign Aston Villa's Jaden Philogene

Hull City are in talks to sign Aston Villa’s Jaden Philogene in a deal worth in the region of £5million.

The Championship club have lodged a bid for the 21-year-old who is now expected to leave Villa on a permanent deal.

Manager Unai Emery made it clear to Philogene that he wanted him to remain at the club this season and be a part of the first-team squad, but the winger is keen for consistent game time and is therefore weighing up alternative options.

Villa will not consider loaning out Philogene but are now open to letting him leave for the right fee with a buyback option included in any exit.

Philogene is into the final two years of his contract and the expectation is a decision on his future will be made in the next 48 hours.

Hull, who have won two of their first three games this season, are leading the race but there is other rival interest from fellow Championship sides Stoke City and Ipswich Town as well as from abroad.

Philogene missed Villa’s 4-0 win over Everton after picking up a knock in training.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jaden Philogene on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 4129 viewswkj

Seems like a healthy dollop of agent talk in play.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jaden Philogene on 11:26 - Aug 21 with 4105 viewspointofblue

£5m??? Where’s their cash coming from to afford that?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jaden Philogene on 11:27 - Aug 21 with 4090 viewsDanTheMan

Jaden Philogene on 11:25 - Aug 21 by wkj

Potentially for us but I saw another source saying he was off to Hull.

Seem to recall the Cardiff fans really rated him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jaden Philogene on 11:28 - Aug 21 with 4058 viewswkj

Jaden Philogene on 11:27 - Aug 21 by DanTheMan

Potentially for us but I saw another source saying he was off to Hull.

Seem to recall the Cardiff fans really rated him.

Oh aiye, I meant to say that us being linked with him seems like agent talk.

Jaden Philogene on 11:28 - Aug 21 with 4054 viewsitfcjoe

Jaden Philogene on 11:25 - Aug 21 by wkj

I'm not sure, he seems to fit profile very well of what we want and is def offski - but feels like Hull in driving seat from all press reports

Jaden Philogene on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 4031 viewsitfcjoe

Jaden Philogene on 11:26 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

Guess still got some of the Lewis-Potter money to give them some headroom

Jaden Philogene on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 4016 viewsLankHenners

Local Hull journo saying he's very close to signing for them so imagine from our point of view he's another that was 'on the list', unless we're looking to gazump them.

Hull building an incredibly front heavy team this season, have attacking players coming out of their ears.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jaden Philogene on 11:31 - Aug 21 with 3955 viewspointofblue

Jaden Philogene on 11:29 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Forgot about the Lewis-Potter sale. Cheers!

Login to get fewer ads

Jaden Philogene on 11:31 - Aug 21 with 3958 viewsle2blue

Jaden Philogene on 11:26 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

Sorry, thought you meant where is our money coming from! Hull also have a very wealthy benefactor behind them which I'm sure is helping.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 11:34]
Jaden Philogene on 11:33 - Aug 21 with 3926 viewsjayessess

Jaden Philogene on 11:29 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Spent quite a lot of it last season though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jaden Philogene on 11:33 - Aug 21 with 3923 viewspointofblue

Jaden Philogene on 11:31 - Aug 21 by le2blue

Sorry, thought you meant where is our money coming from! Hull also have a very wealthy benefactor behind them which I'm sure is helping.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 11:34]

I meant Hull, not us. But can’t see us splashing out £5m on a single player. Not unless we sell someone for big money, which I doubt will happen until next summer at the earliest.

Jaden Philogene on 11:34 - Aug 21 with 3913 viewsIllinoisblue

I know it’s what the market is, but 5m on a player with just 40-odd appearances, almost of all which were in the Championship.

Crazy money.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jaden Philogene on 11:36 - Aug 21 with 3867 viewsitfcsuth

Looked a real talent in the PL Summer Series in the States.

They've actually recruited very well; Liam Delap, Xavier Simons, Scott Twine, Ruben Vinagre & Aaron Connolly.

Haven't spent huge money yet as largely loans, but this will obviously boost that.

Thought Aaron Connolly would have been absolutely perfect for us.

Aaron Connelly by the_toff 3 Jul 2023 23:27
Wonder if anyone will take a punt on him from Brighton. Looks almost certain to move on, undoubtedly has talent but perhaps not applied himself or looked after himself as he should have done previously. Not sure he meets McKenna’s criteria in that respect but think he could be a potentially cheap punt for someone if they can see the best of him.

Looked really exciting when he first broke through but seems to have stalled a bit.

Jaden Philogene on 11:42 - Aug 21 with 3779 viewsportmanking

Have to say I'm getting a wee bit twitchy now if we're missing out on deals against the likes of Hull. If we can't convince a London-born lad like Philogene to join Town and embrace our project over Hull, it's easy to see why this window has been such a hard slog.
Jaden Philogene on 11:44 - Aug 21 with 3731 viewswkj

Jaden Philogene on 11:42 - Aug 21 by portmanking

Have to say I'm getting a wee bit twitchy now if we're missing out on deals against the likes of Hull. If we can't convince a London-born lad like Philogene to join Town and embrace our project over Hull, it's easy to see why this window has been such a hard slog.

I get the twitchiness, but we really don't have much of a clue how many of these links were genuine links or not. KmC clearly has a player profile in mind, so should we bring anyone in I bet you it will be a surprise to everyone when that name is revealed.

Jaden Philogene on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 3700 viewsHerbivore

That's assuming we were in for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jaden Philogene on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 3698 viewspointofblue

I don’t reckon we were even given the chance to speak to him - I highly doubt we’ll match or better £5m on a single player.

Failing to go up in 2021/2022 may cost us in the short term. Last year’s Championship was far weaker than this year’s.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 11:53]

Jaden Philogene on 11:46 - Aug 21 with 3703 viewsParky

This would be an absolute incredible piece of business, he ticks every box of the profile we should be after.

Sadly, from what I’ve read, his move to Hull is quite advanced.
Jaden Philogene on 11:46 - Aug 21 with 3687 viewsStokieBlue

That all assumes that we are willing to meet the valuation from Villa.

If we aren't then there is no opportunity to convince him of anything.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jaden Philogene on 11:49 - Aug 21 with 3626 viewsSomethingBlue

Have to remember that, for Philogene's generation, the name of Ipswich means absolutely nothing. Hull, though, are a fairly recent Premier League club along with many others in our division. That stuff does matter, it gets in people's heads no matter how much acknowledgement there might be that we're on the way back. We'll climb up in the pecking order ultimately but it's going to be very hard earned.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 11:49]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jaden Philogene on 11:50 - Aug 21 with 3594 viewstractorboy1978

Jaden Philogene on 11:34 - Aug 21 by Illinoisblue

I know it’s what the market is, but 5m on a player with just 40-odd appearances, almost of all which were in the Championship.

Crazy money.

Imagine it's a deal structured similarly to Simms i.e half of it up front and the rest being add-ons/dependent on performance.
Jaden Philogene on 11:52 - Aug 21 with 3556 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Jaden Philogene on 11:49 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Have to remember that, for Philogene's generation, the name of Ipswich means absolutely nothing. Hull, though, are a fairly recent Premier League club along with many others in our division. That stuff does matter, it gets in people's heads no matter how much acknowledgement there might be that we're on the way back. We'll climb up in the pecking order ultimately but it's going to be very hard earned.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 11:49]

Agree, and regardless of where we finish a season of visiting players experiencing a full Portman Road and the way we play is a small step on that journey.

Div 3/L1 really did put us amongst the dead men.
Jaden Philogene on 11:53 - Aug 21 with 3526 viewsBiGDonnie

Do you know that we were in for this lad? Bit pointless 'twitching' about something that may not have even happened?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jaden Philogene on 11:55 - Aug 21 with 3466 viewsLankHenners

"likes of Hull"

Bar one season in League One, they've been an established Championship team for years with a few seasons in the PL to boot. We're a recently promoted team who spent 4 years in the lower division after several seasons of doing next to nothing at this level.

As much as Ashton can bang the drum about what a massive club we are and how we can perceive ourselves, to the outside world (i.e. prospective players) we're still a bit of an unknown entity at this point.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jaden Philogene on 11:57 - Aug 21 with 3434 viewsITFCBlues

Mentions that he's a left sided winger, is that a position we're looking at?

If anything it'd be right sided competition for Burns surely?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024