Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham 22:58 - Aug 9 with 4163 viewsIllinoisblue

The Sun website headline just now: “Chelsea and Wrexham learn cup opponents” - as if a 4th division side are worthy of such attention. And it’s even spread to here: last night on ESPN their rolling sports ticker highlighted only one league cup result… yep, the Wrexham v Wigan result. Get in the fking bin. Relegation is the only Hollywood ending i want to see.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:05 - Aug 9 with 3585 viewsgainsboroughblue

I was cheering MK Dons 5 goals against them Saturday which should have made me feel dirty, but it didn't.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:07 - Aug 9 with 3569 viewsjacobnikons

Should be in the Welsh League now not taking the place of English clubs looking to play in the EFL. Its not 1800 anymore but they won't because of money..
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:11 - Aug 9 with 3540 viewsIllinoisblue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:07 - Aug 9 by jacobnikons

Should be in the Welsh League now not taking the place of English clubs looking to play in the EFL. Its not 1800 anymore but they won't because of money..

Agree entirely.

62 - 78 - 81

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:12 - Aug 9 with 3534 viewsIllinoisblue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:05 - Aug 9 by gainsboroughblue

I was cheering MK Dons 5 goals against them Saturday which should have made me feel dirty, but it didn't.

Yeah, a bit wrong but entirely right in this case.

62 - 78 - 81

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:14 - Aug 9 with 3522 viewsVaughan8

Yeah its becoming really odd.

They can probably "buy" their way out of league 2 but the leagues above it will be a lot more difficult.
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:14 - Aug 9 with 3526 viewslizzibee

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:05 - Aug 9 by gainsboroughblue

I was the same. Can't stand franchise but was willing them to win! sums up my feelings towards Wrexham
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:18 - Aug 9 with 3502 viewsredrickstuhaart

Others will say the same about us and Sheeran.

It looks a bit bitter and tinpot to fuss over a small club getting some spotlight as a result of tedious hollywood folk.
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:32 - Aug 9 with 3429 viewsIllinoisblue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:18 - Aug 9 by redrickstuhaart

It looks a bit bitter and tinpot to fuss over a small club getting some spotlight as a result of tedious hollywood folk.

They don’t say that though because it’s entirely different and also we don’t get the same fawning coverage. Apart from those crucial details, great point.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:38 - Aug 9 with 3397 viewswkj

I think its a cool project but has also turned Wrexham into a bit of a circus. Though this is hardly new as the media do routinely have a lower league luvvie they like to latch on to. In the late 90s'/Early 00's I remember a tremendous media love in for Rushden and Diamonds

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:41 - Aug 9 with 3390 viewsredrickstuhaart

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:32 - Aug 9 by Illinoisblue

They don’t say that though because it’s entirely different and also we don’t get the same fawning coverage. Apart from those crucial details, great point.

They do actually. Just on a lesser scale, because it is a lesser story. We will be bemused when people criticise us for it. Try not to be the same towards another club enjoying a renaissance.
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:47 - Aug 9 with 3351 viewsWonTheCupin78

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:41 - Aug 9 by redrickstuhaart

They do actually. Just on a lesser scale, because it is a lesser story. We will be bemused when people criticise us for it. Try not to be the same towards another club enjoying a renaissance.

Don't see any headlines or documentaries about us. "Ipswich have drawn Reading. Meanwhile Chelsea..." etc etc
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:50 - Aug 9 with 3334 viewsredrickstuhaart

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:47 - Aug 9 by WonTheCupin78

Don't see any headlines or documentaries about us. "Ipswich have drawn Reading. Meanwhile Chelsea..." etc etc

Lesser scale....
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 00:41 - Aug 10 with 3214 viewsquirkie

Sadly it is something we are going to have to live with for quite some time. I can see them in the Championship in a few years then watch the hype.

It'll all end in tears but until then just got to accept this nonsense.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 07:47 - Aug 10 with 2907 viewsBlueBadger

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:32 - Aug 9 by Illinoisblue

We did when we were 'Roy Keane's Ipswich'. It's just that it didn't last as long because Tall Hurst was found out pretty quickly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 07:55 - Aug 10 with 2883 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I mean if I were a Wrexham fan, I’d be annoyed to be mentioned in the same headline as someone as sh1te as Chelsea to be fair…
So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 08:02 - Aug 10 with 2853 viewsGeoffSentence

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:50 - Aug 9 by redrickstuhaart

Lesser scale....

Errrrr..........it is the greater scale of their coverage that is the issue.

Many clubs get some sort of media love in for a bit but on a 'lesser scale' than Wrexham are currently getting. It is the over the top nature of it that irks people.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 08:08 - Aug 10 with 2831 viewsSwansea_Blue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 07:55 - Aug 10 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I mean if I were a Wrexham fan, I’d be annoyed to be mentioned in the same headline as someone as sh1te as Chelsea to be fair…

Or mentioned in The Sun at all for that matter!

Who cares? The media have to make stories out of someone, so rather them than us imo. I quite enjoyed Made in Wrexham too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 2613 viewshoppy

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:18 - Aug 9 by redrickstuhaart

But what kind of owner has Sheeran been for us? What's he done in terms of investment other than the shirt sponsorship, that benefits his own personal tour exposure?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 2602 viewsTractorCam

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:38 - Aug 9 by wkj

I think its a cool project but has also turned Wrexham into a bit of a circus. Though this is hardly new as the media do routinely have a lower league luvvie they like to latch on to. In the late 90s'/Early 00's I remember a tremendous media love in for Rushden and Diamonds

Yes, the owners have actually been brilliant and well engaged. It's the media's reporting which makes you sick of seeing them everywhere.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 2462 viewsSE1blue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 08:08 - Aug 10 by Swansea_Blue

Or mentioned in The Sun at all for that matter!

Who cares? The media have to make stories out of someone, so rather them than us imo. I quite enjoyed Made in Wrexham too.

I enjoyed Made in Wrexham too and it's definitely the leaching media that are tedious here, not the investment in the club.

I do wonder how series 2 will be though, as everyone knows what it means to be on the show now. Fully predict it to be like other shows where the public get to tell 'their story' (Big Brother, X factor) and anyone new will be after a bit of glory now they know the scale of the production. Only the first series of these things seem to be real people.

And I also remember Radio 1's, Mark Chapman walking the football stadiums for charity shortly after Town got promoted in 2000. They got to PR and were lauding how cute and friendly we were, playing into the whole Tractor Boys angle and saying we were more welcoming than most clubs. Never mentioned us again after we got relegated etc. Wrexham;s time will pass and I'm honestly pleased it's not us.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 14:13 - Aug 10 with 2379 viewsPerublue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 23:38 - Aug 9 by wkj

Astonished nobody has mentioned Salford ... although i think that was more a BBC WANNNKFEST and not so globally media because of that

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 14:15 - Aug 10 with 2368 viewsPerublue

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 13:24 - Aug 10 by SE1blue

I enjoyed Made in Wrexham too and it's definitely the leaching media that are tedious here, not the investment in the club.

I do wonder how series 2 will be though, as everyone knows what it means to be on the show now. Fully predict it to be like other shows where the public get to tell 'their story' (Big Brother, X factor) and anyone new will be after a bit of glory now they know the scale of the production. Only the first series of these things seem to be real people.

And I also remember Radio 1's, Mark Chapman walking the football stadiums for charity shortly after Town got promoted in 2000. They got to PR and were lauding how cute and friendly we were, playing into the whole Tractor Boys angle and saying we were more welcoming than most clubs. Never mentioned us again after we got relegated etc. Wrexham;s time will pass and I'm honestly pleased it's not us.

This is spot on

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 2316 viewsthatbdude

I'm starting to get slight bored of Wrexham but it'll probably stop at some point. Tbh i'm more bored about the media hyping Luton Town's away end to be some "ultra unique one of a kind" when it actually there has been other grounds with a similar end (i.e. Filbert Street)

Poll: Who going down?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 14:40 - Aug 10 with 2308 viewsPerublue

FC United ...that was another..have a feeling they also made it to the silver screen with that eric cantona film.....being eric ?

So incredibly tired of the media’s fascination with Wrexham on 14:41 - Aug 10 with 2303 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Could not agree more.

Take out the Hollywood "glamour" and they're a silly little Club, pumped full of money buying their way up the leagues. Despise MK too but glad they won last week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024