Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which recent past player would have benefited most from 13:13 - May 12 with 2809 viewsKeno

McKenna coaching them?

Texty has made a comment in a thread about Kenlock about how being coached by McKenna would have improved him.

Of the younger players who leave us in recent years who do you think would have benefitted most from the "McKenna Effect"

With a caveat that this assumes they be fit and stay fit.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 13:16 - May 12 with 2240 viewsVegtablue

Sam Parkin needed a lot of help.
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 13:16 - May 12 with 2233 viewsJ2BLUE

Jaime Peters would have become the defensive midfielder of my dreams that I always thought he could be.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:08 - May 12 with 2128 viewsDubtractor

Dean Bowditch.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:15 - May 12 with 2105 viewsclive_baker

Bishop would be interesting, both tactically and from the conditioning support he would've received in this environment. Naturally very talented.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:18 - May 12 with 2092 viewshoppy

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:08 - May 12 by Dubtractor

Dean Bowditch.

I knew we'd let him go too soon... we should've renewed his contract again so that he would've benefitted from the coaching of KM

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:19 - May 12 with 2075 viewsKeno

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:15 - May 12 by clive_baker

Bishop would be interesting, both tactically and from the conditioning support he would've received in this environment. Naturally very talented.

That was who I thought of

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:31 - May 12 with 2034 viewsblueislander

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:19 - May 12 by Keno

That was who I thought of

Garvin?
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:45 - May 12 with 1967 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dobra

Drinan

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:48 - May 12 with 1957 viewsNthQldITFC

Harbey? The thought that he could turn him into a left back for England. Mental.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:52 - May 12 with 1938 viewsstickymockwell

Flynn Downes.
I reckon he would have taken him to another level.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:03 - May 12 with 1906 viewshomer_123

Dozzell.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:12 - May 12 with 1894 viewsChurchman

Gus Uhlenbeek.

Just imagine if McKenna could have coached him to shoot at the goal rather than the general direction of the stand and when to pass/cross after he roared up the wing like the Bullet Train.

It was only the existence of North Stand and Churchmans that stopped him winding up on the ground floor of Coes or the railway station. McKenna could have tamed the horse and we’d have had a world beater on our hands!

Seriously, my vote goes for Bishop too. I suspect KM would have made a big difference to his game
[Post edited 12 May 2023 15:55]
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:16 - May 12 with 1875 viewsThatMuhrenCross

For me, there are quite a few that would really fall into this bracket, but in particular I think of the more "flair"/"creative" players that were just wasted under the McCarthy regime. Players like Anthony Wordsworth, Freddie Veseli, Kevin Bru, Grant Ward, Tom Lawrence, Danny Rowe, etc... latterly under other managers, I could have seen us getting more out of Jack Lankester, Teddy Bishop, Anthony Georgiou, Josh Harrop, Luke Thomas, etc...

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:17 - May 12 with 1869 viewsJ2BLUE

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:12 - May 12 by Churchman

Gus Uhlenbeek.

Just imagine if McKenna could have coached him to shoot at the goal rather than the general direction of the stand and when to pass/cross after he roared up the wing like the Bullet Train.

It was only the existence of North Stand and Churchmans that stopped him winding up on the ground floor of Coes or the railway station. McKenna could have tamed the horse and we’d have had a world beater on our hands!

Seriously, my vote goes for Bishop too. I suspect KM would have made a big difference to his game

Danny Haynes another one where he dribbled it out of play on the right much of the time. Would love to have seen Haynes given a proper run up front.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:21 - May 12 with 1844 viewsChurchman

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:17 - May 12 by J2BLUE

Danny Haynes another one where he dribbled it out of play on the right much of the time. Would love to have seen Haynes given a proper run up front.

Actually you are right about Haynes. He had an awful lot of ability did Danny, but somehow it was never really fulfilled - unless we played Norwich.

His career just sort of fell away, sadly.
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:23 - May 12 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:03 - May 12 by homer_123

Dozzell.

If ever there was a player who would have benefitted from proper coaching, structure and some decent players around him, it was going to be him.

That said, I reckon that if he'd stayed fit under Mick, he'd either be playing in the Barclay's Premier League or the Jewson Premier league by now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:33 - May 12 with 1800 viewsBlueBadger

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:12 - May 12 by Churchman

Gus Uhlenbeek.

There's a fair few from the Bomb Squad he could have probably gotten a tune out of, I suspect.

Look at Woolf, for example. He's was behind Toto Nsiala in the pecking order, FFs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:40 - May 12 with 1773 viewsKropotkin123

Kevin Beattie... Robson was obviously great, but sports science has evolved and McKenna and his team seem to have a good handle on recovery. I think it would be interesting to see if he would have had a longer playing career under McKenna.

Jordan Rhodes... Can't imagine McKenna being stupid enough to let him go. And seeing the improvement of Ladapo, I think he could have made him a better player.

Shane Supple... Can't imagine him falling out of love with football in this squad. Not sure on his upper level. But feel we would have found out under McKenna.

I don't think McKenna has turned a pigs ear into a silk purse, so suggestions like Dozzell are wide of the mark for me

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:42 - May 12 with 1765 viewshomer_123

Actually, two others even more obvious that no one has mentioned.

Rhodes and Wickham.

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:48 - May 12 with 1734 viewsMattinLondon

I think KM would have made Luciano Civelli a much better player for us. At the time he was a good Championship player and he would have improved.
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:49 - May 12 with 1724 viewshomer_123

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:48 - May 12 by MattinLondon

I think KM would have made Luciano Civelli a much better player for us. At the time he was a good Championship player and he would have improved.

Foreign left sided players....what would have done with Le Pen?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:55 - May 12 with 1696 viewsFtnfwest

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 14:45 - May 12 by FrimleyBlue

Dobra

Drinan

was going to say Dobra, but not Drinan!
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 16:07 - May 12 with 1651 viewsKeno

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:42 - May 12 by homer_123

Actually, two others even more obvious that no one has mentioned.

Rhodes and Wickham.

Do you think he would have played them as a pair and gone two up front?

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 16:13 - May 12 with 1624 viewsChurchman

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 15:49 - May 12 by homer_123

Foreign left sided players....what would have done with Le Pen?

Not sign him?
Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 16:19 - May 12 with 1606 viewsKeno

Which recent past player would have benefited most from on 16:13 - May 12 by Churchman

Not sign him?

are you writing him off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024