Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… 19:57 - May 4 with 6345 viewsSitfcB

…here it is…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:04 - May 4 with 4911 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hmm. Not a fan of that tbh

Didn't mind Clarkes one. But any Delia song imo should be forgotten.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:05 - May 4 with 4923 viewsSitfcB

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:04 - May 4 by FrimleyBlue

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:21 - May 4 with 4755 viewsIllinoisblue

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:04 - May 4 by FrimleyBlue

Agree with you here frimmers; not sure an old lady deserves such a song.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:22 - May 4 with 4763 viewsPlums

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:05 - May 4 by SitfcB

Upvoted in error.
How very edgy some of our fans are.

I'll stick to thinking calling an 80+ year old woman a whore or an arsehole is completely unacceptable in any circumstances. If that makes me a 'wettie' then so be it.
[Post edited 4 May 2023 20:24]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:24 - May 4 with 4714 viewspennblue

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:21 - May 4 by Illinoisblue

Agree with you here frimmers; not sure an old lady deserves such a song.

I think the question is, is the song misogynistic?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Nah, not for me mate. (n/t) on 20:29 - May 4 with 4661 viewsBloots

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:49 - May 4 with 4504 viewsclive_baker

Not the best look to be fair. Not the crime of the century either.

Bury it and move on I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 21:03 - May 4 with 4379 viewsNutkins_Return

Yep agreed. We're just better than that. It's just a bit embarrassing. But moving on...
Login to get fewer ads

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 21:03 - May 4 with 4379 viewsCrockerITFC

Why what are the lyrics of the song now? I can't make out what the crowd are singing.

I remember it being about ticket prices for the derby games i.e. what woolfy sings too - 20 is plenty 40 is naughty

edit - is it "she makes mashed potato" ?
[Post edited 4 May 2023 21:05]
Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 22:12 - May 4 with 4125 viewsLankHenners

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 20:05 - May 4 by SitfcB

You don't get a bigger sad case than someone who lives their life through the lens of wanting to 'trigger the virtue signallers'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 22:21 - May 4 with 4050 viewspointofblue

Oh is this the tweet that someone referred to before, saying they hoped Woolfenden didn't get in trouble for it?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 22:25 - May 4 with 4019 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 22:21 - May 4 by pointofblue

Oh is this the tweet that someone referred to before, saying they hoped Woolfenden didn't get in trouble for it?

That was me and yeah this is the one! A bit misjudged and like others have said, not a great look for a professional football player.

Still, hopefully the club just give him a little tap on the shoulder and nothing more. Nothing more sinister than a lad in his 20s having a few beers and getting caught up in celebrations singing sings he’s heard his mates sing for years.
Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 23:37 - May 4 with 3785 viewsviewfromtheu2

Yeah, I think we're better than that to be honest, it's not the best look really. I got some stick for challenging the whole "Delia" song thing when I took the girls to the Cambridge Utd "Her Game Too" game in 21/22 on twitter from the usual crowd. It certainly doesn't fit into our new community minded way of thinking.

But, people will say "Chill out Bono, lighten up" but where do you draw the line?

Uppa Towen

@BonoITFC

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 07:37 - May 5 with 3389 viewsPlums

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 23:37 - May 4 by viewfromtheu2

Yeah, I think we're better than that to be honest, it's not the best look really. I got some stick for challenging the whole "Delia" song thing when I took the girls to the Cambridge Utd "Her Game Too" game in 21/22 on twitter from the usual crowd. It certainly doesn't fit into our new community minded way of thinking.

But, people will say "Chill out Bono, lighten up" but where do you draw the line?

Uppa Towen

I think the line is pretty easy to draw TBH. By all means, take the mickey out of Delia for wearing that rosette, for being Norwich chair, for the 'Where are you' stuff etc but don't get drawn into personal, sexist abuse.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 07:39 - May 5 with 3383 viewsSheffordBlue

Wouldn't surprise me if we get fined if that's sung at either of the derbies is she is in attendance. Barnsely got £30k fine for their fans chanting at a female physio.

Whether you think the chant is acceptable or not I'd much rather we had that money to spend on the club.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 08:40 - May 5 with 3245 viewspennblue

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 07:39 - May 5 by SheffordBlue

Wouldn't surprise me if we get fined if that's sung at either of the derbies is she is in attendance. Barnsely got £30k fine for their fans chanting at a female physio.

Whether you think the chant is acceptable or not I'd much rather we had that money to spend on the club.

I am no expert in these things but the song is either just a fairly unpleasant anti rival song or it has its origins in anti female rhetoric?

Which is it?

If it were sung about stuart webber would it be different?

Or is the issue with it, it is just a bit of a scummy song to sing?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:13 - May 5 with 3092 viewsSamWhiteUK

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 07:39 - May 5 by SheffordBlue

There's no way we get fined for that, I'd love to hear the reasoning
Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:13 - May 5 with 3089 viewsSamWhiteUK

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 21:03 - May 4 by CrockerITFC

Why what are the lyrics of the song now? I can't make out what the crowd are singing.

I remember it being about ticket prices for the derby games i.e. what woolfy sings too - 20 is plenty 40 is naughty

edit - is it "she makes mashed potato" ?
[Post edited 4 May 2023 21:05]

She makes mashed potato
And we fcuking hate her
Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:20 - May 5 with 3019 viewsNeedhamChris

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 07:37 - May 5 by Plums

I think the line is pretty easy to draw TBH. By all means, take the mickey out of Delia for wearing that rosette, for being Norwich chair, for the 'Where are you' stuff etc but don't get drawn into personal, sexist abuse.

Agreed. Hate this song, love Woolfy. I'm not going to let it colour my thoughts of him but it is misguided and I'd hope the club tries to move away from some of this as it's in poor taste.

Still my POTS vote though - and deservedly so

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:23 - May 5 with 2997 viewsFrimleyBlue

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:13 - May 5 by SamWhiteUK

She makes mashed potato
And we fcuking hate her

It's just a bit odd isn't it.

An old lady who spends most days asleep at games now.

Can't we aim at webber instead?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:27 - May 5 with 2954 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anyone who uses the phrase "virtue signalling wetties" is odds on to be an absolute loser.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 10:37 - May 5 with 2926 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 07:37 - May 5 by Plums

I've never liked the chant, but it isn't sexist. There's nothing about Delia being a woman in it.

The other Delia chant absolutely is sexist and is the one that would land us in hot water, but I agree that it would be better to just shelve them both.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 11:12 - May 5 with 2847 viewsITFC_Forever

Of all the songs Woolfy and Clarke could have picked, Norwich ones were the worst choices they could have made.... our best day in years and we sing about them? Pretty poor tbh.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 11:17 - May 5 with 2818 viewstextbackup

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 23:37 - May 4 by viewfromtheu2

Uppa Towen

Nobody will say chill out Bono, only you call yourself that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 11:19 - May 5 with 2799 viewstextbackup

Someone was after the video of Woolfenden starting that song… on 11:12 - May 5 by ITFC_Forever

Of all the songs Woolfy and Clarke could have picked, Norwich ones were the worst choices they could have made.... our best day in years and we sing about them? Pretty poor tbh.

Young, Town fans, on an absolute high, hearing anti norwich chants all season long, every single game… I can certainly forgive them for this.

The fans in the lower north didn’t seem too worried either.

I won’t even mention on here what Wolf said about norwich in molokos when I saw him 👀

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024