Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting to read on other forums 14:48 - Apr 21 with 3351 viewsBlueNomad

how people look no further than their rivals' results. Owlstalk for example seems to have the collective view that "we only scraped past Vale", and therefore must be running out of form, without consideration for the opposition's tactics, determination etc.

The common view that we "cheated" to have the Barnsley game rescheduled is just based on ignorance.

All this and nothing about the intimidation of officials so they allow a blantantly offside equaliser whilst we "all" wanted KMc sacked a few months ago(!). Which brings me to my final point - why do some clowns who purport to be Town fans (with user names I never see here) go on other forums / twitter and make us all out to be an arrogant lot who deserve to see the team fall flat on its face.

I know it's all been said before but it grinds my gears and its something to moan about on a Friday afternoon when I'm as nervous as hell about the next four days' football.
Interesting to read on other forums on 14:51 - Apr 21 with 3264 viewshype313

Fans need an outlet to blame and vent, they can harp on as much as they like, it isn't going to change.

We have a large number of our own fans who think Plymouth have fluked the season by scoring the odd deflected late winner and using that as an excuse as to why we're not top.

It's about the 46 games, not some rearranged fixture, Officials, lucky deflections.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interesting to read on other forums on 14:57 - Apr 21 with 3223 viewsclive_baker

I guess it's just a lot of frustration. I think in their shoes, having blown a 10 point lead or whatever it was to now being behind us, having played a game more and with an inferior GD this place would probably be similar. Must be frustrating for them to see us in such relentless form. 31 points from our last 33 available, we've punished them big time for their slip ups and they know there's a good chance they'll be in the p/offs now when it looked for all the world they were going up automatically. All at a time when they have to endure their city rivals marching on to the Premier League.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Interesting to read on other forums on 14:59 - Apr 21 with 3168 viewsBlueNomad

Interesting to read on other forums on 14:57 - Apr 21 by clive_baker

I guess it's just a lot of frustration. I think in their shoes, having blown a 10 point lead or whatever it was to now being behind us, having played a game more and with an inferior GD this place would probably be similar. Must be frustrating for them to see us in such relentless form. 31 points from our last 33 available, we've punished them big time for their slip ups and they know there's a good chance they'll be in the p/offs now when it looked for all the world they were going up automatically. All at a time when they have to endure their city rivals marching on to the Premier League.

You are very understanding. I could learn from you.
Interesting to read on other forums on 15:13 - Apr 21 with 3058 viewsPique

Said it before and I'll say it again - when a fan base is concentrating on the opposition more than themselves and indulging in conspiracy theories, it's a sure sign they're losing it.

Grimly amusing to be lectured on morality by of all clubs Sheffield Wednesday though. Wow, just wow.
Interesting to read on other forums on 15:21 - Apr 21 with 2996 viewsjayessess

"Our rivals won 10 of their last 11, scoring 31 goals to 2, but they only won their last game by the odd goal - it's surely over for them" is an absolutely epic all-time straw clutch. Bravo.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:25 - Apr 21 with 2974 viewswkj

If they want to talk about cheating - they need look no further than Fernando Forestieri getting Nsiala sent off. (About 1m 20 in)

[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 15:28]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:25 - Apr 21 with 2959 viewshomer_123

Did you read TWTD at half-time Saturday?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 15:25]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:42 - Apr 21 with 2808 viewsSamWhiteUK

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:25 - Apr 21 by wkj

If they want to talk about cheating - they need look no further than Fernando Forestieri getting Nsiala sent off. (About 1m 20 in)

[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 15:28]

I'd forgotten about this! I assumed it was this season, then realised it was us. What a horrendous dive and decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:48 - Apr 21 with 2744 viewsIpswichRising

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:42 - Apr 21 by SamWhiteUK

I'd forgotten about this! I assumed it was this season, then realised it was us. What a horrendous dive and decision.

Was the red card rescinded or was he given a further ban
Interesting to read on other forums on 15:50 - Apr 21 with 2724 viewswkj

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:48 - Apr 21 by IpswichRising

Was the red card rescinded or was he given a further ban

If my memory is correct, the red card was upheld

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Interesting to read on other forums on 16:45 - Apr 21 with 2508 viewsLankHenners

They are particularly odd on there but in general think there's a bit of trying to will something into existence.

They need us to drop points otherwise they've no chance of top 2 so it's natural they want to believe that's going to happen. Similarly earlier in the season when we were quite a bit behind we we saying things about Wednesday and Plymouth having injuries/loan recalls that would see them drop points because we needed them to to catch up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interesting to read on other forums on 17:22 - Apr 21 with 2304 viewsmonty_radio

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:25 - Apr 21 by homer_123

Did you read TWTD at half-time Saturday?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 15:25]

The feeling was well expressed by a deep-toned gent in the Gents whose voice, as we all attended to our outstanding half-time business, suddenly boomed out, "it's very quiet in here!" - and so, it was.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Interesting to read on other forums on 00:30 - Apr 22 with 1825 viewsStewart27

Wednesday fans say we get the rub of the green from the ref!

Wednesday fans say that we wanted our manager sacked at the first signs of adversity!

People actually write this stuff with no sense of irony.
Interesting to read on other forums on 04:41 - Apr 22 with 1694 viewstractordownsouth

That comment that we “all” wanted McKenna sacked is hilarious. Compare the amount of downvotes that McKenna thread got on here compared to all the Moore Out ones on OwlsTalk.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Interesting to read on other forums on 07:41 - Apr 22 with 1431 viewsHerbivore

Interesting to read on other forums on 00:30 - Apr 22 by Stewart27

Wednesday fans say we get the rub of the green from the ref!

Wednesday fans say that we wanted our manager sacked at the first signs of adversity!

People actually write this stuff with no sense of irony.

The idea that we get the rub of the green from refs is mental to be honest. If the officials at Hillsborough weren't scared and incompetent, we'd have left there with three points. Their equaliser was a mile offside and it wasn't a hard one to spot. If we had even a Sunday league level ref in our home game against Barnsley then Harness' goal would have stood and we'd have won the game. In two big games against our rivals we've had absolutely shocking decisions go against us that have directly cost us points. Without those poor decisions we'd be top on 92 points with a 6 point gap to Wednesday and a game in hand.

Before this season I'd paid very little attention to Wednesday and their fans. They've been a nothing club for such a long time now (out of the Prem for longer than us yo-yoing between the second and third tier) that I've not really needed to notice them. I have to say having been forced to encounter the views of their fans this season that they are a bunch of delusional clowns and I would find it very amusing to see them mired at this level for a few more years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting to read on other forums on 09:18 - Apr 22 with 1211 viewsGuthrum

Interesting to read on other forums on 14:57 - Apr 21 by clive_baker

This place got rather grim when we'd lost a smaller lead than that in the table and were overtaken.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 9:18]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting to read on other forums on 09:38 - Apr 22 with 1126 viewsOldFart71

I just hope Town and Plymouth get the automatic places. Doesn't bother me if Wednesday get done by Barnsley in the playoffs and Norwood scores. O.K. so there may be a few arrogant Town fans, what team doesn't have ? But to say we are all arrogant is like saying every American is a gun tootin maniac. As KM would say "One game at a time" Posh won't be easy and neither will Barnsley. A win today would in the grand scheme of things be massive. But today doesn't win the fight for promotion for us or our rivals. Four Cup finals await each team. Roger Osborne available for the next four by any chance ?
Interesting to read on other forums on 09:43 - Apr 22 with 1098 viewsSarge

Sheffield Wednesday fans have proven this season that they have absolutely no self awareness. It’s been a quite spectacular suspension of reality.
Interesting to read on other forums on 09:53 - Apr 22 with 1051 viewsTracbro

Interesting to read on other forums on 09:43 - Apr 22 by Sarge

Sheffield Wednesday fans have proven this season that they have absolutely no self awareness. It’s been a quite spectacular suspension of reality.

On the Posh forum there's only less than a dozen seats available in the home stands as of half an hour ago. Should be a good atmosphere 👌
Interesting to read on other forums on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 954 viewsArnieM

Interesting to read on other forums on 15:50 - Apr 21 by wkj

If my memory is correct, the red card was upheld

Aren’t they always !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024