Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna to Sunderland 17:27 - Aug 26 with 3893 viewsCustardCream

Lots of rumours about this. Praying it’s just speculation on twitter
McKenna to Sunderland on 17:27 - Aug 26 with 3492 viewsSitfcB

You’ve just started it off!

Haven’t seen anything at all.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 17:49]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna to Sunderland on 17:28 - Aug 26 with 3494 viewsMullet

It's just some dickhead twitter account speculating. Why would he take a step down from the greatest job in English football to them?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

McKenna to Sunderland on 17:37 - Aug 26 with 3381 viewsNthQldITFC

We're gonna get these silly little outbreaks of daft rumours about our excellent young manager every now and then, given that literally any half-witted loon, or budgie troll (I'm not referring to the OP with either of these descriptions) can start something up on social media these days and see if it runs.

I think K-Mac is just about the last personality type who would jump ship even for a much more significant step up than Sunderland, as he strikes me as someone who values integrity, and wants to prove himself (to himself as much as others) by doing a thorough job and seeing it through to a reasonable conclusion.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

McKenna to Sunderland on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 3347 viewsstrikalite

When he has just moved down to Suffolk?
McKenna to Sunderland on 17:45 - Aug 26 with 3310 viewsCoastalblue

I can't see him going anywhere by choice in the next 2-3 years unless we stall very badly, which will be down to him anyway or a big opportunity comes up which seems unlikely currently.

He's got support here, both from the terraces but also in terms of a team and structure around him which is unlikely to be bettered outside of the Prem, it also appears he'll be backed financially.

I'd be shocked if he left in the short term by his own choice.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

McKenna to Sunderland on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 3203 viewshomer_123

Phew...Good riddance!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McKenna to Sunderland on 18:16 - Aug 26 with 3139 viewsBlueBadger

Surprised that Frimmers hasn't given this an uppie, tbh.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna to Sunderland on 18:44 - Aug 26 with 2951 viewsSitfcB

McKenna to Sunderland on 18:16 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

Surprised that Frimmers hasn't given this an uppie, tbh.

I’m surprised he wasn’t the author.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna to Sunderland on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 2921 viewsMattinLondon

By rumours do you mean some tvvat on tvvatter?
McKenna to Sunderland on 18:54 - Aug 26 with 2892 viewsBloomBlue

What's he transfer fee? Anything over £15million then we should give it serious thought.
McKenna to Sunderland on 19:00 - Aug 26 with 2848 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rumour or not, we'll lose him at some point. Not yet though I'd have thought. A good season here with us and a decent start in the Championship and I can easily see him being snapped up by a PL club. He's a bit like Graham Potter in being a good tactician and getting the most out of the players. I can see him settling well in the PL fairly soon.

Ideally he'll be in the PL with us, but if he is we'll then be fending off offers from the top 6 clubs.

I think he's the real deal from what I've seen so far.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna to Sunderland on 19:25 - Aug 26 with 2748 viewsIllinoisblue

Deary deary me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna to Sunderland on 19:33 - Aug 26 with 2712 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

McKenna to Sunderland on 20:21 - Aug 26 with 2552 viewsNthQldITFC

McKenna to Sunderland on 19:25 - Aug 26 by Illinoisblue

Deary deary me.

Thanks for the reminder of how much things have changed for the better!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

McKenna to Sunderland on 20:42 - Aug 26 with 2465 viewspeterleeblue

It will be Dyche.
McKenna to Sunderland on 21:35 - Aug 26 with 2316 viewsPinewoodblue

How to start rumours.

1 Post something silly on twitter

2 wait for other idiots to share it

3 Post in TWTD using twitter to justify your comments.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

McKenna to Sunderland on 21:52 - Aug 26 with 2241 viewsSeablu

Sitters lives on Twitter, yet hasn’t regurgitated any such nonsense thus far..

Disappointing that one of my favourite biscuits has felt the need to post this.

Thankfully, Lotus Creams are on offer in Waitrose and Jammiedodger isn’t logged in..
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 21:57]
McKenna to Sunderland on 23:40 - Aug 26 with 1987 viewsRyorry

McKenna to Sunderland on 17:28 - Aug 26 by Mullet

It's just some dickhead twitter account speculating. Why would he take a step down from the greatest job in English football to them?

Was the twitter account name @GingerNut?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

McKenna to Sunderland on 06:19 - Aug 27 with 1755 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna to Sunderland on 21:52 - Aug 26 by Seablu

Sitters lives on Twitter, yet hasn’t regurgitated any such nonsense thus far..

Disappointing that one of my favourite biscuits has felt the need to post this.

Thankfully, Lotus Creams are on offer in Waitrose and Jammiedodger isn’t logged in..
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 21:57]

Imagine having less ability to critically evaluate sources than Sitters. Brrrrr.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna to Sunderland on 07:01 - Aug 27 with 1692 viewsChrisd

McKenna to Sunderland on 17:37 - Aug 26 by NthQldITFC

We're gonna get these silly little outbreaks of daft rumours about our excellent young manager every now and then, given that literally any half-witted loon, or budgie troll (I'm not referring to the OP with either of these descriptions) can start something up on social media these days and see if it runs.

I think K-Mac is just about the last personality type who would jump ship even for a much more significant step up than Sunderland, as he strikes me as someone who values integrity, and wants to prove himself (to himself as much as others) by doing a thorough job and seeing it through to a reasonable conclusion.

For us as fans, we ‘hope’ that’s the case, but let’s be clear there is no loyalty in football. If the Mackems came in with a huge financial offer I’m sure KM would seriously consider it. Things seem to be going in the right direction both on and off the pitch here and KM has played a big part in creating that, I really want to believe that KM is invested in this project and continues to want to play a big part in our journey, it’s gaining momentum. The one thing I’d say to him ‘IF’ his head was getting turned is to remind him the grass isn’t always greener, better the devil you know works just fine.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 7:04]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

McKenna to Sunderland on 08:53 - Aug 27 with 1480 viewsSuperblue95

McKenna to Sunderland on 19:25 - Aug 26 by Illinoisblue

Deary deary me.

Genuinely think that phrase should be swear filtered on here.

No reason for anyone to ever be reminded of that d1ckhead

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

McKenna to Sunderland on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 1411 viewsBlueRaider

Can't understand why Alex Neil would go from Sunderland to Stoke anyway, seems a backwards step !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

McKenna to Sunderland (n/t) on 10:52 - Aug 27 with 1237 viewsRyorry

McKenna to Sunderland on 07:01 - Aug 27 by Chrisd

For us as fans, we ‘hope’ that’s the case, but let’s be clear there is no loyalty in football. If the Mackems came in with a huge financial offer I’m sure KM would seriously consider it. Things seem to be going in the right direction both on and off the pitch here and KM has played a big part in creating that, I really want to believe that KM is invested in this project and continues to want to play a big part in our journey, it’s gaining momentum. The one thing I’d say to him ‘IF’ his head was getting turned is to remind him the grass isn’t always greener, better the devil you know works just fine.

McKenna to Sunderland on 10:57 - Aug 27 with 1224 viewsRyorry

McKenna to Sunderland on 07:01 - Aug 27 by Chrisd

Usually agree with you on most things Chris, but have to say that I think you’re being a bit patronising/insulting to KM there.

McKenna to Sunderland on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 1179 viewsChrisd

McKenna to Sunderland on 10:57 - Aug 27 by Ryorry

Usually agree with you on most things Chris, but have to say that I think you’re being a bit patronising/insulting to KM there.

I’m not trying to be patronising Ryorry. None of us really know the man, even though he’s our gaffer, but I’m sure he’s ambitious. That’s not to say his ambitions can’t be matched here in the long term. Nevertheless, if a team from a higher level does come in for KM and offers more than we can, that must be very tempting. Of course we all believe our club is the best in the land and want him to succeed here, but one thing modern football does show is loyalty isn’t high on the priority list however much we want to believe it does with those associated with our club.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024