Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Already talk of prioritising NHS patients 12:52 - Mar 18 with 4114 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/mar/18/uk-coronavirus-live-boris-

Grim.

Am I right this is something yet to be officially (or unofficially) addressed?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 12:54 - Mar 18 with 2494 viewsHerbivore

The NHS has always had finite resources which means it has always had to make decisions around prioritisation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 12:57 - Mar 18 with 2460 viewshomer_123

Nothing new here.

1. We've known from the outset that we don't have enough equipment to treat everyone (no country has) and therefore;
2. Doctors etc. will use their normal processes of priotising patients.

This was always going to be the case, sadly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 12:58 - Mar 18 with 2460 viewsmonytowbray

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 12:54 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

The NHS has always had finite resources which means it has always had to make decisions around prioritisation.

Yeah I am hoping he means general and not life or death like in Italy.

Does feel like they’re pulling their fingers out which is a positive. Just hope it’s not too late to reverse the delayed response and the early cock ups.

There’s a real political oddness with all these measures coming in that the Tories would have never done in a million years without a pandemic. Their hands are forced to listen and take Labour ideas seriously rather than dismiss them. Hope we can cling on to some of these positive changes in general life when this is all over. Power to the people, etc.

TWTD never forgets…

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 12:59 - Mar 18 with 2449 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. It's much sharper now - my sister is a radiologist in London and she'll be helping out with the Covid 19 response as a standard doctor while only addressing radiology for extreme cases like children with cancer - but it's already a familiar way of working for staff.

It's about the only advantage of the NHS having to juggle resources for decades.

Pronouns: He/Him

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 2423 viewsgarygboltonblue

Already in progress
Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:04 - Mar 18 with 2419 viewsPinewoodblue

This has been going on for years.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:04 - Mar 18 with 2420 viewsHerbivore

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 12:58 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

Does feel like they’re pulling their fingers out which is a positive. Just hope it’s not too late to reverse the delayed response and the early cock ups.

There’s a real political oddness with all these measures coming in that the Tories would have never done in a million years without a pandemic. Their hands are forced to listen and take Labour ideas seriously rather than dismiss them. Hope we can cling on to some of these positive changes in general life when this is all over. Power to the people, etc.

I don't think it's as stark as life or death decisions at this point. The delaying of elective surgery hasn't even kicked in yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:06 - Mar 18 with 2396 viewsgarygboltonblue

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:04 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

I don't think it's as stark as life or death decisions at this point. The delaying of elective surgery hasn't even kicked in yet.

It has defo. in one hospital
Login to get fewer ads

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:07 - Mar 18 with 2379 viewsclive_baker

It's got zero to do with 'Labour ideas'. These are unprecedented times and the NHS is being given every opportunity it can to be able to deal with it as effectively as possible. Inevitably decisions have to be made re. priorities. For example non urgent operations have been paused, freeing up 30,000 beds. These measures make perfect sense. We're better equipped than many countries in this respect, and for that we should be grateful that through nothing more than the lottery of life we happen to be from here.

I agree that if the NHS sees longer term benefits off the back of this push and increased support then that's only going to be a good thing. There's no getting away from the fact the tories have underfunded our public services historically.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:08 - Mar 18 with 2372 viewsSwansea_Blue

Grim indeed. Inevitable, but I wouldn't want to be on the front line making those sorts of decisions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:10 - Mar 18 with 2353 viewsr2d2

Labour?! Its nothing to do with them. Bum bag.
Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:11 - Mar 18 with 2351 viewsBlueBadger

We do this now and have done for decades. It's called 'triage'.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 13:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:12 - Mar 18 with 2327 viewsJ2BLUE

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:07 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

It's got zero to do with 'Labour ideas'. These are unprecedented times and the NHS is being given every opportunity it can to be able to deal with it as effectively as possible. Inevitably decisions have to be made re. priorities. For example non urgent operations have been paused, freeing up 30,000 beds. These measures make perfect sense. We're better equipped than many countries in this respect, and for that we should be grateful that through nothing more than the lottery of life we happen to be from here.

I agree that if the NHS sees longer term benefits off the back of this push and increased support then that's only going to be a good thing. There's no getting away from the fact the tories have underfunded our public services historically.

Agree, FFS cut out the party politics BS.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:12 - Mar 18 with 2323 viewsBlueBadger

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:08 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

Grim indeed. Inevitable, but I wouldn't want to be on the front line making those sorts of decisions.

Thankfully, I'm not the bloke that makes the ultimate decisions either. I am however, the bloke that helps the decision maker come to their decision..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:13 - Mar 18 with 2314 viewshampstead_blue

Tosh.

Stealing Labours ideas would bankrupt us. The Tories are doing the right thing in a measured way.
Follow the science. Listen to the scientists and then act. Rushing and pressing buttons too early is as bad as too late.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:26 - Mar 18 with 2233 viewsLord_Lucan

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:11 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

We do this now and have done for decades. It's called 'triage'.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 13:15]

Don't tell Lord Haw Haw Callis that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:27 - Mar 18 with 2225 viewsmonytowbray

Odd downvotes in this thread. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.

TWTD never forgets…

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:28 - Mar 18 with 2219 viewsmonytowbray

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:13 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

Tosh.

Stealing Labours ideas would bankrupt us. The Tories are doing the right thing in a measured way.
Follow the science. Listen to the scientists and then act. Rushing and pressing buttons too early is as bad as too late.

Worrying how much you just spoon feed what you are told to be honest.

TWTD never forgets…

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:28 - Mar 18 with 2226 viewsBlueBadger

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:26 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

Don't tell Lord Haw Haw Callis that.

Honestly, if I was running a cardiac arrest with TWTD posters as my team, Callis would get the designated role of 'second runner'. Thats the role you give to someone flapping all over the place and stopping everyone else doing their job, so you send them off to the far side of the building to look for a piece of kit you know either doesn't exist or is very difficult to find.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 13:31]

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:29 - Mar 18 with 2217 viewsBlueBadger

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:27 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

I think people really won't object if you switch to 'don't'.

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:29 - Mar 18 with 2213 viewsmonytowbray

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:07 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

I’m not just talking about the NHS when I say “Labour ideas”.

TWTD never forgets…

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:30 - Mar 18 with 2212 viewsStokieBlue

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:27 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

I think the downvotes are for your last paragraph.

It was all fine and sensible up until then (although triage always happens) and then you made the largest paragraph a party political rant again.

People are getting p*ssed off with it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:32 - Mar 18 with 2203 viewsmonytowbray

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:28 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

Honestly, if I was running a cardiac arrest with TWTD posters as my team, Callis would get the designated role of 'second runner'. Thats the role you give to someone flapping all over the place and stopping everyone else doing their job, so you send them off to the far side of the building to look for a piece of kit you know either doesn't exist or is very difficult to find.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 13:31]

I think the comparison of telling me what I’d do in a job I do not do is a bit unfair. I’m just taking in information and discussing it. As is normal.

TWTD never forgets…

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:34 - Mar 18 with 2186 viewsmonytowbray

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:30 - Mar 18 by StokieBlue

I think the downvotes are for your last paragraph.

It was all fine and sensible up until then (although triage always happens) and then you made the largest paragraph a party political rant again.

People are getting p*ssed off with it.

SB

The problem is you assume I’m political point scoring all the time. I’m not. Calm down.

TWTD never forgets…

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:42 - Mar 18 with 2161 viewsStokieBlue

Already talk of prioritising NHS patients on 13:34 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

The problem is you assume I’m political point scoring all the time. I’m not. Calm down.

I honestly don't want to argue as agreed in the other thread.

There is however really no other way to see the final paragraph you wrote - that is why 3 or 4 other posters made the same point and why you got the downvotes.

If you can't see it's politicising things then not much anyone can do.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024