Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should all religion be banned on a global scale? 08:18 - Mar 10 with 3953 viewshampstead_blue

Should all religion be banned on a global scale?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 08:24 - Mar 10 with 3085 viewsHerbivore

Jesus wept.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:02 - Mar 10 with 3047 viewshampstead_blue

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 08:24 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

Jesus wept.

get him a tissue man!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:06 - Mar 10 with 3043 viewsNewcyBlue

Where is the live and let live option?!

The “I don’t care if they have an imaginary friend” option?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 3021 viewsHerbivore

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:06 - Mar 10 by NewcyBlue

Where is the live and let live option?!

The “I don’t care if they have an imaginary friend” option?

Quite. I think religion is a load of balls, personally, but then I think lots of things are a load of balls. It doesn't mean they should be banned.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 9:15]

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:19 - Mar 10 with 3020 viewsjeera

I'm not sure this is enforceable.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:20 - Mar 10 with 3015 viewsNewcyBlue

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:15 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

Quite. I think religion is a load of balls, personally, but then I think lots of things are a load of balls. It doesn't mean they should be banned.

I take comfort from playing with my balls. Some people believe in a magic man that grants them wishes. Each to their own. I really need shares in Kleenex.

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:21 - Mar 10 with 3012 viewsfooters

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:15 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

I'll tell you what is a lot of balls: bingo.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:27 - Mar 10 with 2989 viewsHerbivore

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:21 - Mar 10 by footers

I'll tell you what is a lot of balls: bingo.

Regular bingo or Lambingo?

Login to get fewer ads

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:34 - Mar 10 with 2980 viewssparks

None of Hitchens Dawkins Harris or Dennett advocate for a ban.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:37 - Mar 10 with 2960 viewsmonytowbray

When you say religion do you mean practicing religion or organised religion? I feel these are very separate aspects. If believing in a sky person is what helps people get through the day and enjoy life then what’s the harm? The corruption and danger of organised religion however...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:38 - Mar 10 with 2955 viewsmonytowbray

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:20 - Mar 10 by NewcyBlue

I take comfort from playing with my balls. Some people believe in a magic man that grants them wishes. Each to their own. I really need shares in Kleenex.

I take comfort in playing with your balls too.

All hail Newcy’s Balls.

TWTD never forgets…

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 2947 viewseireblue

So you want your beliefs imposed on other people.

Makes you a bit of an extremist, and you seem on a bit of a mission this morning.

Well, in my opinion, we could probably do with less extremist zealots in the world.

But if you must, you could start with campaigning to reform the House of Lords, hopefully you recently voted for a party that thinks it is silly to have people in Government, just because they are important in a religion. You did do that right?
Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:43 - Mar 10 with 2944 viewsGuthrum

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:37 - Mar 10 by monytowbray

When you say religion do you mean practicing religion or organised religion? I feel these are very separate aspects. If believing in a sky person is what helps people get through the day and enjoy life then what’s the harm? The corruption and danger of organised religion however...

About the same corruption and danger as organised politics. Or organised almost anything else, down to quite a small scale.

There will always be people determined to be the most important, have the most power and control, or thinking of ways to make a quick buck from others' gullability. Even tho they are only a minority, they all too frequently cause trouble and mess up otherwise worthwhile organisations.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:50 - Mar 10 with 2923 viewsJ2BLUE

Does that include people who worship the military?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:27 - Mar 10 with 2874 viewsclive_baker

No. I believe in living and let live.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:30 - Mar 10 with 2863 viewsStokieBlue

Why would you care?

If you choose to believe in a cow who hides behind Jupiter and occasionally farts in our direction causing earthly problems who am I to tell you not to.

As long as you're not using it as an excuse to harm and persecute others then it's pretty intolerant to even suggest it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:39 - Mar 10 with 2852 viewssparks

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:30 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

Why would you care?

If you choose to believe in a cow who hides behind Jupiter and occasionally farts in our direction causing earthly problems who am I to tell you not to.

As long as you're not using it as an excuse to harm and persecute others then it's pretty intolerant to even suggest it.

SB

Problem is that beliefs guide peoples attitudes and actions. Very difficult to think of mainstream religious beliefs which have no knock on effect at all.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:42 - Mar 10 with 2844 viewsStokieBlue

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:39 - Mar 10 by sparks

Problem is that beliefs guide peoples attitudes and actions. Very difficult to think of mainstream religious beliefs which have no knock on effect at all.

But those actions can be both good and bad. It's not a reason to ban the underlying beliefs.

If someone uses religion to persecute or hurt then they should be in trouble and the belief that lead them there should be challenged.

That doesn't mean ban them (which I believe is your position as well), education is key here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 2837 viewsGaryCooper

Don't ban it, it is the easiest way to spot the gullible, well apart from asking if I can borrow a twenty.
Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:50 - Mar 10 with 2812 viewseireblue

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:39 - Mar 10 by sparks

Isn’t that true of human decision making in general?

Any human can make a decision based on criteria that you disagree with that will have knock on effects that may have negative consequences.
Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:56 - Mar 10 with 2797 viewsNewcyBlue

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 09:38 - Mar 10 by monytowbray

I take comfort in playing with your balls too.

All hail Newcy’s Balls.

Your hands are very soft!

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 11:53 - Mar 10 with 2747 viewssparks

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:50 - Mar 10 by eireblue

Any human can make a decision based on criteria that you disagree with that will have knock on effects that may have negative consequences.

Indeed. We should try to understand as many true things as possible and reject as many false things as we can.

Religious beliefs impact on treatment of others, voting, decisions about ones own life etc. To say that people who do not push their religion on others are not affecting others is therefore not correct.

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 12:21 - Mar 10 with 2719 viewsmonytowbray

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 10:50 - Mar 10 by eireblue

Just wait until he finds out about the damage animal agriculture does...

TWTD never forgets…

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 12:34 - Mar 10 with 2698 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

As a Christian and a regular Church goer. I find this incredibly strange.

If you don't believe in it, that is fine, but banning religion. Wow, very very strange, leave people be.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 12:42 - Mar 10 with 2670 viewssparks

Should all religion be banned on a global scale? on 12:34 - Mar 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

As a Christian and a regular Church goer. I find this incredibly strange.

If you don't believe in it, that is fine, but banning religion. Wow, very very strange, leave people be.

Noone has actually advocated a ban have they?

I think that thought policing is inherently abhorrent and for that reason alone would never advocate a ban. Though policing should remain the preserve of the religions!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024