Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Out myths 10:52 - Dec 17 with 10041 viewsBluefish

The big one from last season was that we would definitely go down. That was then moved to would definitely go down this season of Mick stays.

We can then just look at some more from this season

Mick won't ever play Celina
Celina hates it here and is desperate to go back
Connolly was a pointless signing
Spence isn't good enough
We won't beat anyone above us
We have only played the bad team and we aren't really top 10
We don't attack teams or score goals
Mick won't pick waggy
Mick won't play young players
Bishop will never play again under Mick
Etc

The list goes on but I am sure we are not allowed to mention them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick Out myths on 10:54 - Dec 17 with 6619 viewsDyland

Note of caution re Spence... he's inconsistent... but fair play yesterday he had an excellent game. Should always be starting ahead of Iorfa.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 11:06]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mick Out myths on 10:55 - Dec 17 with 6617 viewsBluefish

Mick Out myths on 10:54 - Dec 17 by Dyland

Note of caution re Spence... he's inconsistent... but fair play yesterday he had an excellent game. Should always be starting ahead of Iorfa.

A few weeks ago we were told chambers should start there from the same people that previously demand micks head for playing chambers at right back

Mick Out myths on 11:04 - Dec 17 with 6583 viewsBlueNomad

Oh, and he has his favourites. One of them happens to make more interceptions than anyone else in Europe but he shouldn’t be in the team according to our resident experts, who often don’t actually go to watch.
Mick Out myths on 11:06 - Dec 17 with 6574 viewsTrequartista

No one said we would definitely go down so well done for creating the biggest myth of all.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick Out myths on 11:06 - Dec 17 with 6570 viewsDyland

Mick Out myths on 10:55 - Dec 17 by Bluefish

A few weeks ago we were told chambers should start there from the same people that previously demand micks head for playing chambers at right back

I haven't seen any of that.

Chambers shouldn't play at right back in anything other than an utter and total injury crisis.

Mick Out myths on 11:08 - Dec 17 with 6568 viewsBluefish

Mick Out myths on 11:06 - Dec 17 by Trequartista

No one said we would definitely go down so well done for creating the biggest myth of all.

No one said that we would go down? Are you quite sure about that?

Mick Out myths on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 6545 viewsolimar

Mick Out myths on 11:08 - Dec 17 by Bluefish

Only idiots would have been saying we would "definitely go down" given that we were never in the relegation zone.
I thought we looked in a bit of trouble in late January, when we had a terrible run of fixtures coming up through Feb/March, but by early February we already had a couple of decent results to give confidence.
Mick Out myths on 11:21 - Dec 17 with 6528 viewsHerbivore

Mick Out myths on 10:54 - Dec 17 by Dyland

That run yesterday on the counter attack was something else, great to see that from one of our full backs. He was more solid defensively yesterday too, one excellent block in particular in the first half when they had their brief spell of pressure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Indeed on 11:24 - Dec 17 with 6524 viewsDyland

Mick Out myths on 11:21 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

That run yesterday on the counter attack was something else, great to see that from one of our full backs. He was more solid defensively yesterday too, one excellent block in particular in the first half when they had their brief spell of pressure.

He had an excellent game all round. If he can do that consistently we will be doing nicely.

If he'd scored from that run in the second half I think I may have spontaneously jizzed my pants.

Mick Out myths on 11:27 - Dec 17 with 6516 viewsBluefish

Mick Out myths on 11:18 - Dec 17 by olimar

Only idiots would have been saying we would "definitely go down" given that we were never in the relegation zone.
I thought we looked in a bit of trouble in late January, when we had a terrible run of fixtures coming up through Feb/March, but by early February we already had a couple of decent results to give confidence.

There are plenty of them about. The hatred of Mick or the desperation to be man city completely loses reality. Many said we would definitely go down last season and many more said definitely tbis season. They also came out with many of the lines listed above as definite reasons why Mick must go.

Indeed on 12:12 - Dec 17 with 6452 viewsHerbivore

Indeed on 11:24 - Dec 17 by Dyland

He had an excellent game all round. If he can do that consistently we will be doing nicely.

If he'd scored from that run in the second half I think I may have spontaneously jizzed my pants.

That would've been goal of the season stitched up. I like that we're playing with the confidence to try things like that, there's definitely more of an air of belief about the team now than there was even when we had that great start to the season.

Mick Out myths on 12:29 - Dec 17 with 6434 viewsTrequartista

Some thought we would be In a relegation battle i will give you that but i dont remember anyone seriously saying we would definitely be relgated

Mick Out myths on 12:31 - Dec 17 with 6428 viewsTrequartista

Mick Out myths on 11:27 - Dec 17 by Bluefish

There are plenty of them about. The hatred of Mick or the desperation to be man city completely loses reality. Many said we would definitely go down last season and many more said definitely tbis season. They also came out with many of the lines listed above as definite reasons why Mick must go.

Desperate to be man city? You must be getting this stuff from a different board.

Mick Out myths on 12:46 - Dec 17 with 6403 viewsHerbivore

Mick Out myths on 12:29 - Dec 17 by Trequartista

Some thought we would be In a relegation battle i will give you that but i dont remember anyone seriously saying we would definitely be relgated

Some people were gleefully predicting we'd go down this season.

Mick Out myths on 12:47 - Dec 17 with 6401 viewsBluefish

Mick Out myths on 12:46 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

Some people were gleefully predicting we'd go down this season.

Apparently it didn't happen

Mick Out myths on 13:53 - Dec 17 with 6350 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mick Out myths on 11:27 - Dec 17 by Bluefish

Truce you're extremely fixated with all things McCarthy. Some people worship him (you for example for some strange reasons), others want him to go (myself included) but this is all about Ipswich Town and how they do. Even he himself said we had been in the relegation battle last season.

The desperation to be Man City..... what is going through your head? Where do you take it from?
Some of us aren't happy clappers. Some of us want the club to be ambitious and competing for promotion as we are sick of the drifting in this poxy league. But that makes me and others to be desperate to be Man City. Right ! Ha ha ha !

Ipswich won yesterday and this is what matters just not Mick McCarthy !
Mick Out myths on 14:01 - Dec 17 with 6322 viewsBluefish

Mick Out myths on 13:53 - Dec 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Truce you're extremely fixated with all things McCarthy. Some people worship him (you for example for some strange reasons), others want him to go (myself included) but this is all about Ipswich Town and how they do. Even he himself said we had been in the relegation battle last season.

The desperation to be Man City..... what is going through your head? Where do you take it from?
Some of us aren't happy clappers. Some of us want the club to be ambitious and competing for promotion as we are sick of the drifting in this poxy league. But that makes me and others to be desperate to be Man City. Right ! Ha ha ha !

Are you fixated with mick?

Mick Out myths on 14:06 - Dec 17 with 6315 viewsstantheman

I hate that description of some fans being "happy clappers". It is something mentioned when self opiniated think that they are on a higher moral standing regarding what is best for the club. ie you lot are happy clappers so you know nothing.
As soon as posters put that comment in a post I know they are utter plonkers.
Mick Out myths on 14:09 - Dec 17 with 6303 viewsBluefish

Mick Out myths on 14:06 - Dec 17 by stantheman

I hate that description of some fans being "happy clappers". It is something mentioned when self opiniated think that they are on a higher moral standing regarding what is best for the club. ie you lot are happy clappers so you know nothing.
As soon as posters put that comment in a post I know they are utter plonkers.

Plenty of other clues at the top of this thread as well

It's not MM's fault that we are..... on 14:12 - Dec 17 with 6308 viewsBloots

....."drifting in this poxy league". Unless of course you'd rather we were drifting in the "poxy" league below.

It's interesting that because we won you say that Mick McCarthy doesn't matter yet when we lose you are like a rabid poodle frothing at the mouth about him.

And calling supporters that realise where the real issue at our club lies "happy clappers" is pathetic frankly.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mick Out myths on 14:23 - Dec 17 with 6275 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mick Out myths on 14:01 - Dec 17 by Bluefish

Are you fixated with mick?

No I'm an Ipswich fan.
Mick Out myths on 14:26 - Dec 17 with 6264 viewsHerbivore

Mick Out myths on 14:23 - Dec 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

No I'm an Ipswich fan.

Your match reports do tend to be quite focused on how much you hate Mick though.

Mick Out myths on 14:32 - Dec 17 with 6250 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mick Out myths on 14:26 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

Your match reports do tend to be quite focused on how much you hate Mick though.

Take it how you want and don't read them. Simple.
Mick Out myths on 14:35 - Dec 17 with 6244 viewspowinswitch

Mick Out myths on 14:26 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

I don’t hate Mick by the way Herbivore. But I don’t like his football. I think you know that by now.

He has a number of positives. We have a much better squad now than when he arrived. He has generated a great team ethic. And let’s be honest he inherited a shambles. He has developed one or two players very well. I am thinkin* Jonas and Spence but there will be others. So I am happy to give him credit where it’s due, and I have to say he deserves a lot of credit. We are in much better shape now than when he arrived.
Mick Out myths on 14:40 - Dec 17 with 6237 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members//polls/2759/where-will-town-finish-in-2017-18

95 people voted "Relegated"

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024