Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Out myths 10:52 - Dec 17 with 10063 viewsBluefish

The big one from last season was that we would definitely go down. That was then moved to would definitely go down this season of Mick stays.

We can then just look at some more from this season

Mick won't ever play Celina
Celina hates it here and is desperate to go back
Connolly was a pointless signing
Spence isn't good enough
We won't beat anyone above us
We have only played the bad team and we aren't really top 10
We don't attack teams or score goals
Mick won't pick waggy
Mick won't play young players
Bishop will never play again under Mick
Etc

The list goes on but I am sure we are not allowed to mention them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick Out myths on 19:26 - Dec 19 with 1080 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mick Out myths on 14:06 - Dec 17 by stantheman

I hate that description of some fans being "happy clappers". It is something mentioned when self opiniated think that they are on a higher moral standing regarding what is best for the club. ie you lot are happy clappers so you know nothing.
As soon as posters put that comment in a post I know they are utter plonkers.

Been busy recently therefore late reply to this.

It 'works' both ways what you have said. I'm the plonker for the particular comment, right? If I am like that so are those who have been throwing some crap at me for the various comments down the years. Take couple of examples. I had been bemoaning lack of investment from Evans but some 'experts' here did ridiculed me and others as ... FFP was a reason for lack of investment. I along others was dubbed as a member of the Derby fan-club. I can't somehow see FFP excuses nowadays. Where are those 'experts' now?

Another one and it's quite fresh. My report from the Hull match last month in which I was bashed by some. I was far from happy with the Town's performance. Very poor performance indeed.

So I've had to deal with some crap thrown at me too.

Some percent of our fans think everything is rosy and we should accept our tinpot status. I don't hence my first post above in this thread. I'm sick of Evans and his policy. I dislike McCarthy too for the number of factors. The position in the table wise it's good given lack of significant investment and I can see that but there are the factors too re McCarthy. Seen comments like: 'McCarthy has been in the game for 40 years so knows more than you'. Yes he does indeed but I can't remember comments like that last season whilst he was pampering and defending Douglas. People weren't quick to defend him and his 40 years of experience.

If some think my view is wrong then my question is: why is Portman Road so empty nowadays? We could hand Leeds fans 10 000 tickets and there still will be a large number of empty seats in the home sections.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 19:31]
Mick Out myths on 19:37 - Dec 19 with 1065 viewsHerbivore

Mick Out myths on 19:26 - Dec 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

It 'works' both ways what you have said. I'm the plonker for the particular comment, right? If I am like that so are those who have been throwing some crap at me for the various comments down the years. Take couple of examples. I had been bemoaning lack of investment from Evans but some 'experts' here did ridiculed me and others as ... FFP was a reason for lack of investment. I along others was dubbed as a member of the Derby fan-club. I can't somehow see FFP excuses nowadays. Where are those 'experts' now?

Another one and it's quite fresh. My report from the Hull match last month in which I was bashed by some. I was far from happy with the Town's performance. Very poor performance indeed.

Some percent of our fans think everything is rosy and we should accept our tinpot status. I don't hence my first post above in this thread. I'm sick of Evans and his policy. I dislike McCarthy too for the number of factors. The position in the table wise it's good given lack of significant investment and I can see that but there are the factors too re McCarthy. Seen comments like: 'McCarthy has been in the game for 40 years so knows more than you'. Yes he does indeed but I can't remember comments like that last season whilst he was pampering and defending Douglas. People weren't quick to defend him and his 40 years of experience.

If some think my view is wrong then my question is: why is Portman Road so empty nowadays? We could hand Leeds fans 10 000 tickets and there still will be a large number of empty seats in the home sections.

Attendances are low because we've been in the same league for 15 years and counting. Our attendances have held up well considering, they were lower at times under Burley as well as under Duncan and some of Lyall's time here too. I can remember watching us play Sheffield United in the Prem in 1994 in front of under 11k. I don't think the attendances are as big an issue as is made out and they've dropped a relatively small amount (around 2.5k) in 5 years under Mick which considering we've continued to be stuck in the same league that whole time is fairly respectable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick Out myths on 20:21 - Dec 19 with 1043 viewsstantheman

Mick Out myths on 19:26 - Dec 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

"It 'works' both ways what you have said. I'm the plonker for the particular comment, right? If I am like that so are those who have been throwing some crap at me for the various comments down the years. Take couple of examples. I had been bemoaning lack of investment from Evans but some 'experts' here did ridiculed me and others as ... FFP was a reason for lack of investment. I along others was dubbed as a member of the Derby fan-club. I can't somehow see FFP excuses nowadays. Where are those 'experts' now?"

You think that £100, 000, 000 is not enough, fair enough.

Nobody is saying everything is rosy and both ME and MM have made a number of rickets but we are a Championship size club who occasionally luck out with a one off manager and board to reach above our position. Whilst we wait for that I for 1 will keep supporting the team no matter what and, although not always happy, will keep clapping and occassionally singing my support for the team I have always followed. Perhaps, after Mick has left most will acknowledge that Mick has done a decent job here and we will gain from some of the gifted young kids coming through our academy who look good from what I have seen recently when playing v Coventry. Another club arguably bigger than us but doing 100 times worse by the looks of it.
Everyone have their opinions, not everyone is right.
Mick Out myths on 22:53 - Feb 24 with 817 viewsBluefish

Time to update some of these maybe?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024