Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium 12:19 - Dec 1 with 5944 viewsGeoffSentence

Concludes that West Ham are fleecing the public.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/20m-bill-to-taxpayer-mayor-takes-control-

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:20 - Dec 1 with 4928 viewsITFC_Forever

No sh*t.

I think we could have all told him that.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:23 - Dec 1 with 4924 viewshomer_123

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:20 - Dec 1 by ITFC_Forever

No sh*t.

I think we could have all told him that.

Indeed, the review was a waste of time and money.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:25 - Dec 1 with 4916 viewsPJH

Will the tax payer have to pay more if West Ham go down?
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:41 - Dec 1 with 4884 viewsNo9

The new Londond mayor should not give up on this- after the vanity bridge the London stadium is a start.

An investigation into the gross misuse of public money by the Johnson/ Cameron/Osborne triumvirate is long overdue.

It will be a lot
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:42 - Dec 1 with 4876 viewsBrixtonBlue

More to the point, what's anyone going to do about it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:45 - Dec 1 with 4867 viewsfactual_blue

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:25 - Dec 1 by PJH

Will the tax payer have to pay more if West Ham go down?

I'm sure we'll all stump up if we can guarantee that happening.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:46 - Dec 1 with 4863 viewsPJH

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:45 - Dec 1 by factual_blue

I'm sure we'll all stump up if we can guarantee that happening.

I will see what I have got in my piggy bank.
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:49 - Dec 1 with 4856 viewsGeoffSentence

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:42 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

I believe the intention is to try to renegotiate some contracts. I don't see that affecting WHU in any way, but I guess some suppliers who are hoping for future work in London might give a little.

Login to get fewer ads

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:49 - Dec 1 with 4855 viewsIllinoisblue

Boris Johnson’s “eccentric buffoon” schtick doesn’t seem so funny now does it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:51 - Dec 1 with 4850 viewsIllinoisblue

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:42 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

Someone should start an online petition. That will learn everybody involved.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:52 - Dec 1 with 4841 viewsNo9

"More to the point, what's anyone going to do about it?"

Good point. The new mayor did however get the vanity bridge stopped saving us money although there does not appear to be any ongoing investigation into the way in which the bridge was commissioned nor how the contract awards were handled.

We should insist these things don't get overlooked but you are right - how, what & when?
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:53 - Dec 1 with 4837 viewsBlueNomad

This CANNOT be Boris Johnson's fault! Nothing ever is!
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:55 - Dec 1 with 4827 viewsGeoffSentence

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:53 - Dec 1 by BlueNomad

Probably David Cameron's, after all he is a big fan of West Ham.

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:55 - Dec 1 with 4826 viewskeighleyblue

Nobody is accountable for anything these days it seems. Apart from sex crimes committed in the 1970s.
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:57 - Dec 1 with 4820 viewsNo9

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:53 - Dec 1 by BlueNomad

When cameron was wearign a claret & blue footie shirt he tried to convince everyone he was a Villa fan but it seems he was a WH fans after all & put one of their board in the HoL

Disgraceful conduct
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 13:54 - Dec 1 with 4755 viewsPilgrimblue

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:57 - Dec 1 by No9

When cameron was wearign a claret & blue footie shirt he tried to convince everyone he was a Villa fan but it seems he was a WH fans after all & put one of their board in the HoL

Disgraceful conduct

Whatever!

I imagine most WHU fans would have preferred to stay at UP but now that advantage as been taken away we're seeing how really poor they are. Expect to be playing at Olympic Stadium next season so we can see for ourselves.

Apart from knocking it down any other suggestions?
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:01 - Dec 1 with 4738 viewsNo9

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 13:54 - Dec 1 by Pilgrimblue

Whatever!

I imagine most WHU fans would have preferred to stay at UP but now that advantage as been taken away we're seeing how really poor they are. Expect to be playing at Olympic Stadium next season so we can see for ourselves.

Should never have happened in the first place

But it would have made a very good place for parliament to relocate to while the Palace of Westminster is refurbed.
Plenty of room for offices etc
Plenty of telecoms
Loadsa private rooms for MP's so they couldn't scam us on their expenses
etc. etc. etc.
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:23 - Dec 1 with 4702 viewsPilgrimblue

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:01 - Dec 1 by No9

Should never have happened in the first place

But it would have made a very good place for parliament to relocate to while the Palace of Westminster is refurbed.
Plenty of room for offices etc
Plenty of telecoms
Loadsa private rooms for MP's so they couldn't scam us on their expenses
etc. etc. etc.

Too cold and I doubt many MPs would use the running track!

The Olympics was a wonderful experience but it benefits the whole of UK and we'd be poorer without such a facility attracting the Worlds best. Khan trying to make political gain instead of getting better use from it.
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:28 - Dec 1 with 4695 viewsGeoffSentence

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:23 - Dec 1 by Pilgrimblue

Too cold and I doubt many MPs would use the running track!

The Olympics was a wonderful experience but it benefits the whole of UK and we'd be poorer without such a facility attracting the Worlds best. Khan trying to make political gain instead of getting better use from it.

How can better use be made of it now that there are already tenants in place?

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:30 - Dec 1 with 4689 viewsPilgrimblue

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:28 - Dec 1 by GeoffSentence

How can better use be made of it now that there are already tenants in place?

They don't use it 24/7 plenty of time for others
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:31 - Dec 1 with 4688 viewsSteve_M

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 12:49 - Dec 1 by Illinoisblue

Boris Johnson’s “eccentric buffoon” schtick doesn’t seem so funny now does it?

Good thing he hasn't got anything important to do now isn't it.

David Conn is quietly fulminating as he works his way through the report:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:39 - Dec 1 with 4667 viewsclive_baker

If there's 2 things Sadiq Khan doesn't like it's the West and Ham.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 14:48 - Dec 1 with 4661 viewshype313

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 13:54 - Dec 1 by Pilgrimblue

Whatever!

All Olympic sites become White elephants, which is why they should just leave it in Athens.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 16:18 - Dec 1 with 4618 viewsSW6Tractor

Most contemptible but seemingly unaccountable politician of our age
Sadiq Khan's independent review into the Olympic Stadium on 16:45 - Dec 1 with 4596 viewsbrazil1982

Anyone who has had the time to read WHU's contract (I have) would know what an astonishing deal they have.

If relegated, they pay roughly half the rent they do now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024