Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? 21:12 - Aug 9 with 7866 viewsDolly2.0

Especially seems to be a bit of a wait when you've been reading a thread and then click the forum button again. Too many ads?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 21:14 - Aug 9 with 5872 viewsxrayspecs

I think it is the posters...
Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 21:14 - Aug 9 with 5866 viewsSitfcB

Ah, yes I have. Sometimes have to close the window and reload altogether.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Yep on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 5860 viewsDyland

Was gonna ask Philav about it. Very slow and same on different browsers and both Mac and PC. I even considered for the first time getting an ad blocker (and paying TWTD every now and again, a la Radio Paradise), but not sure if blocking them actually makes a difference except you just don't see the ads...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 21:20 - Aug 9 with 5850 viewsPJH

Was thinking it was me/my computer.

Maybe there is too much good news lately for some on here so they are trying to sabotage it.
Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 21:59 - Aug 9 with 5781 viewsVic

Have noticed this for a few weeks. I'm using safari on an iPad. Sometimes I've been closing the whole thing down and restarting to see if it will help. It doesn't. Very annoying.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 22:40 - Aug 9 with 5744 viewsN2_Blue

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 21:59 - Aug 9 by Vic

Have noticed this for a few weeks. I'm using safari on an iPad. Sometimes I've been closing the whole thing down and restarting to see if it will help. It doesn't. Very annoying.

yes much slower of late and sometimes pages not loading so having to refresh

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 22:44 - Aug 9 with 5748 viewsGavTWTD

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 21:59 - Aug 9 by Vic

I dont suppose youre all using firefox are you? im finding firefox very slow but chrome much better.

The site is much busier and im tweeking a few things.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 23:02 - Aug 9 with 5715 viewsVic

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 22:44 - Aug 9 by GavTWTD

I dont suppose youre all using firefox are you? im finding firefox very slow but chrome much better.

No, definitely no Firefox here Gav. I'm using safari and chrome. Glad the site is busier - must be a good sign!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 23:03 - Aug 9 with 5715 viewsWicklowBlue

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 22:44 - Aug 9 by GavTWTD

Agree Gav, chrome worked fine today but the stock samsung browser on my phone is a nightmare! Has been taking 20 secs to render a link. Presumed it was something to do with ads....
Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 23:10 - Aug 9 with 5698 viewsjeera

Seems fine on me tablet I have to say.

Quick as a quick thing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 01:03 - Aug 10 with 5607 viewsGuthrum

I normally use Firefox. Has been quite slow, assumed that was having a fair few online around the transfers/start of season.

Last night switched to Chrome for a test and it was half the speed of Firefox.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 07:13 - Aug 10 with 5553 viewsBlueBadger

It's been a little sluggish at times on Safari, but nothing overly slow.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 08:02 - Aug 10 with 5515 viewsSteve_M

I've found it really slow on Safari on the iPad, Chrome on a PC is better but yesterday there were a few pages that took a while to open.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:06 - Aug 10 with 5447 viewsSitfcB

Safari.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabao_Energy_Drink

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:18 - Aug 10 with 5435 viewsDolly2.0

Chrome for me.

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 5413 viewsGavTWTD

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:06 - Aug 10 by SitfcB

Safari.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabao_Energy_Drink

I saw an ad for Carabao so I've failed...

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:27 - Aug 10 with 5405 viewschicoazul

Yes it is very slow and I still get the odd re-direction away to an e-bay page.

EDIT: i'm on Chrome.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 10:29]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:33 - Aug 10 with 5390 viewsvilanovablue

I've used Chrome (PC/Android), IE (laptop/desktop) and Brave it has on occasions been running particularly slowly. I really noticed it during and after the Luton game whilst I appreciate the site traffic would be higher it's never normally an issue. It seemed to be affecting all aspects of the site including chat.
Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 5367 viewsITFC_Forever

Very slow for me as well on Chrome.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 11:23 - Aug 10 with 5342 viewsLord_Lucan

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 10:59 - Aug 10 by ITFC_Forever

Very slow for me as well on Chrome.

Same same

It's got to the point when if at home I will use my phone

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 11:41 - Aug 10 with 5333 viewsRadlett_blue

I'm using Chrome on a PC & have found the site very slow.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 5330 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, I've been waiting for a player with an 'E' in their name to sign for a couple of weeks but whenever I check it hasn't happened....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 12:02 - Aug 10 with 5310 viewsDolly2.0

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 11:43 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Yes, I've been waiting for a player with an 'E' in their name to sign for a couple of weeks but whenever I check it hasn't happened....

It's not happening now I'm afraid. The player was Marvin Emnes.

Anyway, I was half right with it not being Harry Bunn.

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 12:12 - Aug 10 with 5295 viewsitfcjoe

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 12:02 - Aug 10 by Dolly2.0

It's not happening now I'm afraid. The player was Marvin Emnes.

Anyway, I was half right with it not being Harry Bunn.

Did it get particularly close? Emnes is a funny one, can look excellent but the fact he has drifted about must mean he is inconsistent

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is anyone else finding TWTD particularly slow of late? on 12:30 - Aug 10 with 5274 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes it's taking ages for the news item about us signing player "E" to appear on my screen.

Edit. Beaten by Joe.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 12:31]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024