Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... 07:55 - Mar 18 with 2578 viewsflashblue

1.5 % increase: This is good and actually essential. It's really important to raise prices a little every year. Possibly should have been slightly more. Although just 1.5% that rise brings extra revenue next year and every year after.

Under 23 pricing: good

Raising the senior pricing: this is good as I have suggested in the past, but it was done in the wrong way. No one should have seen a price rise. I would have gone for 68 but not for existing seniors.

5 % discount: bad. A stupid gimmick which serves no purpose. Not sure which clown thought that one up!

Children's prices. Good, those £10' tickets were absolutely crazy.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:01 - Mar 18 with 2530 viewsnoggin

Nobody would mind if Evans was actually investing in the team and showing some ambition.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:03 - Mar 18 with 2512 viewssparks

"
1.5 % increase: This is good and actually essential. It's really important to raise prices a little every year. Possibly should have been slightly more. Although just 1.5% that rise brings extra revenue next year and every year after. "

That is a bare assertion.

You need to explain why it is good. Or, indeed, "essential".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:03 - Mar 18 with 2508 viewsDubtractor

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:01 - Mar 18 by noggin

Nobody would mind if Evans was actually investing in the team and showing some ambition.

Yeah, but #oneofourown.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:07 - Mar 18 with 2482 viewsSWGF

Morning Ian. Shouldn't you be off to Wales a soon?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:13 - Mar 18 with 2447 viewsMullet

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:07 - Mar 18 by SWGF

Morning Ian. Shouldn't you be off to Wales a soon?

Are you going to accuse everyone of being Milne until you hit a bullseye old boy?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:25 - Mar 18 with 2405 viewsTLA

I know it's won't be popular to say I largely agree with all of that but I do, in a general sense. The timing and lack of understanding of the mood is the biggest problem.

The new structure makes a lot of sense in general, just not in the context of the here and now.

The population of people aged 60-65, generally speaking, have a higher disposable income - change the age to 65 but protect it for people currently benefitting until they reach that age.

The U12s looks like great value - the £2 per attended game towards kit or next season's ticket is very fair.

I'm in the 1.5% bracket and don't mind - however, saying it's necessary to fund the 5 point plan when so little was invested this year was poor customer relations, so I understand the anger.

The bottom line is we are developing a business approach, rather than having a billionaire fan. A business should seek to not lose money, which has become nearly impossible in football.

I said in another post but how about giving fans a choice of a £200 season ticket but reducing the wage bill to £10m, which would decrease our need for a larger transfer budget as expensive players wouldn't sign for the wages we would pay.

It might mean dropping a level or two but it would be our team, working within its means finding its competitive level, based on the number of fans and what they think it's fair to pay. After all, lots of people are now saying they'll watch non-league instead.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2017 9:00]
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:41 - Mar 18 with 2355 viewsRegencyBlue

Surely the problem with this is there will not be any extra income?

Whatever extra income is raised by the increase is going to be more than wiped out by what looks like large numbers of season ticket holders walking away. Obviously this isn't just to do with pricing but in the current climate this is yet another PR disaster from the Evans regime!
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:50 - Mar 18 with 2313 viewsHerbivore

You may well be the worst troll in the history of the internet. Always just way too obvious.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:02 - Mar 18 with 2263 viewsBasuco

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:41 - Mar 18 by RegencyBlue

Surely the problem with this is there will not be any extra income?

Whatever extra income is raised by the increase is going to be more than wiped out by what looks like large numbers of season ticket holders walking away. Obviously this isn't just to do with pricing but in the current climate this is yet another PR disaster from the Evans regime!

I think the price rises are reasonable in the current climate, the discount after 12,000 ST's leads me to think that ME is prepared to increase his support if we do as fans. I maybe wrong in that, but with media focus on "We must be in the premier league" for all clubs in the EFL, getting the youngsters in is always going to be a struggle and running a football club as a business is getting harder with each season that passes. But if a club gets promoted all that happens is that extra income is gobbled up by greedy players and agents and clubs see very little of it. Look at nodge, huge wage bill but a team full of second rate chancers who are not half as good as they think they are. That will be Town if we ever achieve promotion.
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:03 - Mar 18 with 2257 viewsTLA

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:50 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

You may well be the worst troll in the history of the internet. Always just way too obvious.

Do you genuinely think this is trolling?

I don't know a great deal about flashblue but I don't disagree with most of his post and I certainly don't see myself a s a troll.

I guess it's easy to miss subtleties, based on a poster's history, but I don't think the OP was particularly controversial.
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:20 - Mar 18 with 2221 viewsazuremerlangus

Aside from current footballing issues I think the pricing seems far enough. Shame they couldn't give preserved rights to the seniors who are already season ticket holders - would have been a nice show of loyalty from the club.

The Huddersfield question still rolls on. They have competition from other clubs and the cost of living is lower than in our London commuting corner of East Anglia.

I like the 6 & 12 match mini season tickets; for the travellers amongst us the mid-week matches are not viable so full season tickets don't make economic sense. Just a shame you cannot buy more than one per season.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:31 - Mar 18 with 2186 viewssouthnorfolkblue

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:20 - Mar 18 by azuremerlangus

Aside from current footballing issues I think the pricing seems far enough. Shame they couldn't give preserved rights to the seniors who are already season ticket holders - would have been a nice show of loyalty from the club.

The Huddersfield question still rolls on. They have competition from other clubs and the cost of living is lower than in our London commuting corner of East Anglia.

I like the 6 & 12 match mini season tickets; for the travellers amongst us the mid-week matches are not viable so full season tickets don't make economic sense. Just a shame you cannot buy more than one per season.

Prices are way too high given that we have been in this division longer than everybody else. Our tickets should be the benchmark for this division not amongst the highest.

Poll: Our final position

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:50 - Mar 18 with 2143 viewsfactual_blue

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:13 - Mar 18 by Mullet

Are you going to accuse everyone of being Milne until you hit a bullseye old boy?

Hello Ian.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 10:18 - Mar 18 with 2114 viewsRegencyBlue

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:02 - Mar 18 by Basuco

I think the price rises are reasonable in the current climate, the discount after 12,000 ST's leads me to think that ME is prepared to increase his support if we do as fans. I maybe wrong in that, but with media focus on "We must be in the premier league" for all clubs in the EFL, getting the youngsters in is always going to be a struggle and running a football club as a business is getting harder with each season that passes. But if a club gets promoted all that happens is that extra income is gobbled up by greedy players and agents and clubs see very little of it. Look at nodge, huge wage bill but a team full of second rate chancers who are not half as good as they think they are. That will be Town if we ever achieve promotion.

Sorry but I think you have more faith in human nature than I do.

I see the ST discount after 12000+ sales as a thinly disguised attempt to shift the blame for lack of investment from Evans to the fans.

The Evans regime has to know already that there will be significant numbers of ST holders who will not renew , there are loads who are not attending matches now for gods sake, so this offer is disingenuous at best!
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 10:33 - Mar 18 with 2064 viewsTLA

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 10:18 - Mar 18 by RegencyBlue

Sorry but I think you have more faith in human nature than I do.

I see the ST discount after 12000+ sales as a thinly disguised attempt to shift the blame for lack of investment from Evans to the fans.

The Evans regime has to know already that there will be significant numbers of ST holders who will not renew , there are loads who are not attending matches now for gods sake, so this offer is disingenuous at best!

I don't think the 5% deal is well-timed but do agree with what Basuco has said.

Thousands of people with a lifelong commitment to ITFC don't want to pay extra but do want an owner without the same history and passion to increase his investment significantly.

Just maybe the recent approach of trying to work within our means might help in the longterm. It almost certainly won't result in the premier league immediately but I think that promised land is potentially a castle built on sand.
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 2057 viewsDyland

No issue with the 1.5% rise but it should be offset by a freeze for, say next year's ST prices. Guaranteed. MEG cannot ignore the ten years of largely sh1te "product". And if they are going to treat it as a business (and why not cos that is what it it) then have some consistency and open your fkving eyes and ears. And get a better management team (off the field, the playing/coaching staff is another story). They are fkcging inept. The OAP concessions nonsense (re existing ST holders) and the 5% cash back gimmick (good word for it Flashers) is pathetic, inept, clueless, idiotic sh1te.

A business where the bar/s run out of beer or can't use the taps on a regular basis is MEG at ITFC in a microcosm. Sounds like a Viz strip that, MEG at ITFC. Not a very funny one though ffs.

Does Evans even read the letters/emails sent to him? I picture an Emperor's New Clothes scenario where his team are saying it's all hunky dory and hiding reality. Is that even possible? It's absurd. But why else is this supposedly successful businessman helming such a shambolic ship? Football aside, that's up and down, as at any other club of our size/position. It's the useless PR and utter ignorance about football and its supporters.

If TV is the new lifeblood of our fkcing sport instead of fans, then good luck to you MEG. Fkck you. Fvkc Murdoch, Scudamore, BT and the whole lot of you. Well done the FA for failing so abysmally to do your fkcing jobs. Have fun wallowing in this festering soulless turd you've created.

Er... Cardiff 0 Town 0

COY... oh fvkc it I can't be arsed.

:-)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 10:47 - Mar 18 with 1993 viewsHerbivore

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 09:03 - Mar 18 by TLA

Do you genuinely think this is trolling?

I don't know a great deal about flashblue but I don't disagree with most of his post and I certainly don't see myself a s a troll.

I guess it's easy to miss subtleties, based on a poster's history, but I don't think the OP was particularly controversial.

Yes, he's a troll.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 1917 viewsflashblue

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 08:03 - Mar 18 by sparks

"
1.5 % increase: This is good and actually essential. It's really important to raise prices a little every year. Possibly should have been slightly more. Although just 1.5% that rise brings extra revenue next year and every year after. "

That is a bare assertion.

You need to explain why it is good. Or, indeed, "essential".

It's called inflation. £1 is worth less this year than last year. If they didn't raise prices each year, we would still be paying £2 to get in.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 11:32 - Mar 18 with 1899 viewsconnorscontract

New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 10:47 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Yes, he's a troll.

A troll who even trolls Hillsborough threads...
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 12:25 - Mar 18 with 1814 viewsbluesimon

I think the new pricing is actually OK, apart from the seniors - that could have been handled better.

The kids raise is fair enough, as if it prevents it from being abused then thats all good. And if you were abusing it, well that serves you right!

But, lets not forget that we are buying an advance ticket for a product that we haven't yet had, and it is difficult to judge what value it will be. The closest point of reference we have is this year, and the form this year has been up and (mainly) down, but recent signs have been encouraging. All I'm saying is don't necessary let this year cloud your judgement. Look at Leicester, they were all most relegated one year, then went onto win the PL the next, and will probably be relegated this year. Its a funny old game and anything can happen.

For the record, I've had a season ticket for 20 years, and I'm wavering. Not because of the price, or the form, or perceived lack on investment, but because sometimes I just fancy doing something different on my Saturdays and not sure if I want to be tied to going to every home game.
New Ticket Prices. The good and bad.... on 13:00 - Mar 18 with 1737 viewsjas0999

I'm not against anything you have said there, with exception of the initial rise. I can't see it's essential nor warranted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024