Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) 20:16 - May 2 with 2590 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:21 - May 2 with 2348 viewsKropotkin123

craft beer or water, depending on the result

[edit] where, not what... my house.
[Post edited 2 May 20:22]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:27 - May 2 with 2288 viewsthebooks

Depends on the result… if we somehow don’t make it, I’m going home.

If not, probably into town first… Arcade tavern, then down St Nicholas Street. I don’t particularly like Isaacs, but I’m guessing the players will turn up there.

Might be a case of see where the evening takes you!
Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:33 - May 2 with 2241 viewsCheltenham_Blue

In a lay-by on the A14

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:34 - May 2 with 2237 viewsgainsboroughblue

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:33 - May 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

In a lay-by on the A14

I had that earmarked around 2am.

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:39 - May 2 with 2178 viewsPendejo

Wherever I can get to the bar!get

A few tinnes and sat at the base of Beattie's statue

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:39 - May 2 with 2176 viewsSitfcB

Cornhill?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:42 - May 2 with 2167 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:34 - May 2 by gainsboroughblue

I had that earmarked around 2am.

In all seriousness, as much as I'd love to linger around town and stop over, I'll have the boy with me and I'll need to get back to 'Nam.

However, I've not yet warned the wife how wasted I'll be getting on Saturday night in front of the telly if we do it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:43 - May 2 with 2155 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably slink back to the station if it all goes wrong, otherwise all bets are off – which was a nice approach last year as I'm not sure there was a bar in town we didn't end up in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:52 - May 2 with 2070 viewsgainsboroughblue

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:43 - May 2 by SomethingBlue

Probably slink back to the station if it all goes wrong, otherwise all bets are off – which was a nice approach last year as I'm not sure there was a bar in town we didn't end up in.

Elation does funny things to you. After the play-off win, I went to a quiet social club round the corner from Wembley and just sat quietly composing myself. I was drained with the emotion of it all. I sat away from my group on my own, sipping and chain smoking for an hour before getting a second wind and later falling through the door of Chicago Rock Cafe demanding they change the music playlist.

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:53 - May 2 with 2040 viewsITFC_Forever

If it goes wrong, straight home and cry, then I might to Foxhall for the stock car meeting.

If we win…. Probably an off licence first, then Curve, Arcade and who knows where.

Pints, shots, bombs, carnage.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:02 - May 2 with 1921 viewsHelp

All over Ipswich
Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:05 - May 2 with 1899 viewsstonojnr

In a pub, that sells beer, preferably cask ale
Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:13 - May 2 with 1865 viewsitfcjoe

Booked a table at The Botanist with the kids for an hour or so and then will likely be Arcade Tavern

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:30 - May 2 with 1764 viewsIllinoisblue

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 20:52 - May 2 by gainsboroughblue

Elation does funny things to you. After the play-off win, I went to a quiet social club round the corner from Wembley and just sat quietly composing myself. I was drained with the emotion of it all. I sat away from my group on my own, sipping and chain smoking for an hour before getting a second wind and later falling through the door of Chicago Rock Cafe demanding they change the music playlist.

Can concur with this: was in a strange state of euphoria and utter exhaustion on train back from Wembley. Tired contentment.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:48 - May 2 with 1658 viewsSwansea_Blue

At home. I’m at a swimming competition all day, so what chance have I got of ignoring any spoilers and watching a full replay in the evening? When do TownTv replays normally come out after a 12.30 KO, does anyone know?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:51 - May 2 with 1648 viewsHipsterectomy

The Golf Hotel on Foxhall Road, a short walk from the ground

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 22:12 - May 2 with 1556 viewstextbackup

Anywhere I can find a chair… as gonna need to sit down far more than I want to!

Heart says party until early hours… head says don’t be such a pr1ck you need to rest 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 22:17 - May 2 with 1526 viewstextbackup

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 21:30 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

Can concur with this: was in a strange state of euphoria and utter exhaustion on train back from Wembley. Tired contentment.

Was a youngest on the coaches, but we did the same, not a single chant on way home.

Once we started seeing people lining the A12 we perked up a bit, then onto the roundabout near the George/blockbusters for a party

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 22:22 - May 2 with 1490 viewsgainsboroughblue

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 22:17 - May 2 by textbackup

Was a youngest on the coaches, but we did the same, not a single chant on way home.

Once we started seeing people lining the A12 we perked up a bit, then onto the roundabout near the George/blockbusters for a party

Glad it wasn't just me! Like I said, it was an hour, 2 tops, and I was back into it. I got home at 3am and opened a bottle of wine (I drank half a glasses worth I think).

If I'd have lived in London NW, I reckon I'd have fecked off home to bed after the game. I was absolutely done in. Football eh.
[Post edited 2 May 22:24]

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 22:27 - May 2 with 1438 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If we win: plan to go from pub to pub just taking in the atmosphere of the town for as many hours as possible. Obviously nobody in Romford (bar me) will be in celebration mode so I will instead just go around Ipswich on the piss hoping to bump into people.

If we lose: an alleyway or a very dark room.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 02:38 - May 3 with 1047 viewsIllinoisblue

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 22:17 - May 2 by textbackup

Good ol George’s Bar. Had some great pre and post match piss-ups in there. Landlord was a bit of a rogue but used to put out free plates of sausages and chips after games.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 06:22 - May 3 with 893 viewsBattersea_Blue

I’m in Thailand and there’s a sports bar attached to my condo complex that shows all the prem games.

I’ve organised a high table for 6 in front of 1 tv where they’ll show our game.

Got 5 local mates, including a couple of Americans, coming to watch the game, though I’m watching it in my condo. They realise that I’m going to be hugely stressed, so prefer watching it on my own so I can scream, shout and swear. Have told them I’ll come down to join them after the game, providing we’ve been promoted. Also told them if we’re 2-0 up at half time I’ll come down then . . 😂

Tentative bottle of champagne is on ice in the bar . .
Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 06:25 - May 3 with 876 viewswkj

Anything and everything if we finish the story as promoted

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 06:31 - May 3 with 847 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The Premier League.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Where are people planning on drinking post match? (n/t) on 06:44 - May 3 with 788 viewsStu_boy

Chelmsford
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024