Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much outside noise like it's done. 20:35 - May 1 with 3009 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Setting us up for an almighty fall. It ain't done and I'm scared! Somebody please tell me it'll all be ok! PLEASE! 😭
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:48 - May 1 with 2432 viewsArnieM

The fans actually need to show some humility before the game on Saturday, and respect the opposition. Nothing like stoking up the opposition by claiming victory and celebrating, before the ball has even been kicked.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:50 - May 1 with 2421 viewsDublinBlue84

I'm disappointed in Blue Action having this, I think this is a time to focus on the job in hand.

The right time to show our appreciation is the end of the season.

We are in an excellent position, lets not overplay our hand and trust what has worked until now rather than find some way to make things harder.
[Post edited 1 May 20:53]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:51 - May 1 with 2373 viewsFrimleyBlue

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:48 - May 1 by ArnieM

The fans actually need to show some humility before the game on Saturday, and respect the opposition. Nothing like stoking up the opposition by claiming victory and celebrating, before the ball has even been kicked.

Am I playing?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:52 - May 1 with 2392 viewsJ2BLUE

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:50 - May 1 by DublinBlue84

I'm disappointed in Blue Action having this, I think this is a time to focus on the job in hand.

We are in an excellent position, lets not overplay our hand and trust what has worked until now rather than find some way to make things harder.

Parade?

What?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 20:59 - May 1 with 2341 viewsBuhrer

I'd assumed the OP was referring to the footballing world and commentariat basically having us up.... not fans doing something positive you total misery. This is the end of the season and people will show their appreciation how they choose. The right time to show your appreciation to someone is always now, not then, when and if.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:06 - May 1 with 2275 views_clive_baker_

Tbh I do agree, but I won’t lose sleep over it.

We need to play the game rather than the occasion, and for me the best way of doing that is to maintain complete pre match normality. From a players perspective I would be dialling down the excitement, keeping focus solely on it as another game and not deviating from what we’ve done all season. Having said that I would imagine BA have consulted the club, and if the decision is to do it then who am I to question that. I have maximum confidence that the squad is composed and street wise enough to not let the occasion get to them.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:07 - May 1 with 2250 viewsjayessess

The players will be focused on the game in hand. They've been here, they know what they're doing, they have lost precisely one home game all season and that was in August. Our record in home league games against any team below 8th is Won 14, Drawn 2.

There is literally zero rational reason to fear this game. Beyond football matches just being unpredictable things.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:08 - May 1 with 2246 viewsGlasgowBlue

I didn't agree with what we did before the Norwich game but this i completely different. We did it last year and the players said that it inspired them.

It's a cup final on Saturday, albeit a Cup final we can afford to draw. Quite right that the fans create a fantastic pre match atmosphere.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:11 - May 1 with 2195 viewsReusersTown

I do also agree with this. It's not like there won't be a chance for this type of thing once we're done and dusted. Does give a slight feel that is more about blue action wanting attention in front of the sky cameras rather than what is best for the team. Just imo.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 21:17 - May 1 with 2139 viewsMK1

It'll all be ok.
Not a game to worry about. Huddersfield will put up a bit of a fight until we score our first goal. Whilst no game should be taken lightly, we couldn't have asked for a much easier last game for promotion. We only need a draw and Southampton might want to dent Leeds chances.
It'll all be ok.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 01:09 - May 2 with 1821 viewsGuthrum

But it is the end of the season ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 01:20 - May 2 with 1806 viewsBattersea_Blue

I understand where you’re coming from, but to take Kieran’s words, which he’s reiterated on numerous occasions, we have to enjoy these moments.

Although the players undoubtedly know how much we’re all behind them, to demonstrate how much they’re backed and supported can only be a positive motivation for what is a potentially life changing fixture for the club, the county, the players and the fans.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 01:23 - May 2 with 1793 viewsWestcountryblue

Absolutely this, humility is the name of the game on Saturday.
I'm sure the message from McKenna will be similar.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 04:17 - May 2 with 1683 viewsfranz_tyson

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 01:09 - May 2 by Guthrum

But it is the end of the season ...

End of the season? What about the play-off semi final?

No-one is celebrating end of the season - they're celebrating promotion . Even before we've achieved it.

It's up to Mckenna to get the team mentally prepared for a vital game. It's not up to Blue Action how we prepare for a game. Get the job done - then we party.

If the club are OK with it then fine, but did they suggest or encourage it? I'd leave it up to McKenna and the club to prepare the team for a vital game.
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 06:40 - May 2 with 1494 viewsBuhrer

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 04:17 - May 2 by franz_tyson

No-one is celebrating end of the season - they're celebrating promotion . Even before we've achieved it.

It's up to Mckenna to get the team mentally prepared for a vital game. It's not up to Blue Action how we prepare for a game. Get the job done - then we party.

If the club are OK with it then fine, but did they suggest or encourage it? I'd leave it up to McKenna and the club to prepare the team for a vital game.

No, you are saying people are celebrating promotion. That's just your perspective: it's not mine, and it doesn't appear to be Blue Actions.

You're trying to justify controlling other people based on your own personal worries.

I'm going to be attending at 11am to "roar the team to victory" and get auto promotion.

Anyone who doesn't believe in doing that or thinks that's negative? Arf
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 06:51 - May 2 with 1451 viewsChurchman

It’s the season’s 46 match league programme final home game and I don’t have a problem with people celebrating it. I didn’t like it before the Norwich game - that struck me as dopey in that by winding them up it was of more benefit to them then us.

This is slightly different and more for the supporters than the team. They’ve seen it before and will prepare as normal.

As for the game itself, no it’s not done but despite being a glass half empty merchant I’m sure we will be ok. They have something about them. A strength, coherence and belief in each other as strong as I’ve ever seen.
[Post edited 2 May 7:19]
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:12 - May 2 with 1361 viewslazyblue

Absolutely agree, life has a habit of coming back and slapping you in the face.

A job still has to be done .
Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:18 - May 2 with 1336 viewsITFC_Forever

All logic would suggest we have as good a chance as is possible.

ITFC supporters all know there is work to do, and more importantly, so do the players and coaching staff. We can’t control the outside noise, but it is just fluff and noise to ignore.

As for the bus welcome, it didn’t do us any harm v Exeter…

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:42 - May 2 with 1232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If we lose to Huddersfield it won't be because of a bus welcome!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Pish and tish on 07:45 - May 2 with 1220 viewsDyland

I won't be anywhere near it but that's because I'm a miserable sod.

In answer to other comments, it isn't directly comparable to the Norwich game. It is directly comparable to the Exeter game though, which didn't end too shabbily.

The notion it will adversely affect the players is anxiety driven projection. It won't.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It's not up to the club how fans support it on 07:48 - May 2 with 1189 viewsDyland

It's up to the fans.

No one is celebrating promotion ffs. They are supporting and trying to encourage the players. They may not need extra motivation but as I say, it's up to fans how they support the team, as long as it's legal or within the rules or whatever obviously.

What are you talking about? on 07:50 - May 2 with 1185 viewsDyland

Were the fans celebrating promotion before the Norwich game? Were they already celebrating promotion before the Exeter game?

No and no.

FFS

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:51 - May 2 with 1174 viewsHerbivore

Were they celebrating promotion when they did this for Norwich or Exeter last year? They aren't celebrating promotion, they are showing appreciation and support to the team ahead of a big game. Personally I don't have a strong view on it either way, I'll be in the pub when it happens going through my normal prematch routine, but I really don't grasp why some so called fans are desperate to police the behaviour of other fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Snap on 07:55 - May 2 with 1151 viewsDyland

Too much outside noise like it's done. on 07:51 - May 2 by Herbivore

Were they celebrating promotion when they did this for Norwich or Exeter last year? They aren't celebrating promotion, they are showing appreciation and support to the team ahead of a big game. Personally I don't have a strong view on it either way, I'll be in the pub when it happens going through my normal prematch routine, but I really don't grasp why some so called fans are desperate to police the behaviour of other fans.

I'm pretty disinterested in the plan tbh, but as I say, I'm a miserable sod.

The suggestion it's arrogant, or off putting, or celebrating promotion, etc. is simpy incorrect.

But people love something to moan and wring their hands about, innit.]

COYFB

What are you talking about? on 07:57 - May 2 with 1140 viewsBuhrer

What are you talking about? on 07:50 - May 2 by Dyland

Were the fans celebrating promotion before the Norwich game? Were they already celebrating promotion before the Exeter game?

No and no.

FFS

I'm buzzing, filled with positivity, while this lot are pulling on hair shirts, stating their purity and moaning about smoke.

No, no and no. And FFS also.

If each of us go and make Saturday positive and loud, in our own ways, we know the team can do this. The rest is just wibble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024