Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Suffolk spot 23:00 - Apr 8 with 5139 viewsNeedhamChris

Where is everyone's favourite Suffolk spot?

For me - it's Orford. Nowhere else I'd rather spend a few hours or more, although Walberswick isn't far behind.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 23:02 - Apr 8 with 2993 viewsKungfuBlue

Pin Mill for me, always feel like time has stopped when I wander along the Orwell with the dogs, followed by a couple of pints at the Butt & Oyster. Perfect few hours spent
[Post edited 9 Apr 7:39]
Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 00:02 - Apr 9 with 2881 viewsCrayonKing

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 23:02 - Apr 8 by KungfuBlue

Pin Mill for me, always feel like time has stopped when I wander along the Orwell with the dogs, followed by a couple of pints at the Butt & Oyster. Perfect few hours spent

Used to live there. Missed it ever since we moved (not through choice). Summer evenings on the common were glorious
Favourite Suffolk spot on 07:32 - Apr 9 with 2689 viewstextbackup

On a warm summers day/evening:

Aldeburgh
Walderingfield

In the winter:

Chantry Park

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Favourite Suffolk spot on 07:34 - Apr 9 with 2677 viewsblueislander

Favourite Suffolk spot on 07:32 - Apr 9 by textbackup

On a warm summers day/evening:

Aldeburgh
Walderingfield

In the winter:

Chantry Park

The Greyhound.
Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 07:59 - Apr 9 with 2615 viewsGeoffSentence

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 23:02 - Apr 8 by KungfuBlue

Can't say I have a single favourite Suffolk spot, but Pin Mill is certainly one of my them. It's got so much variety concentrated in a small area. Woods, heath, shoreline, views over the Orwell and of course a great place to finish up in the Butt and Oyster.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Favourite Suffolk spot on 08:02 - Apr 9 with 2607 viewsBLUEBEAT

Dunwich.

Got a bit of everything. The heath, forest, beach, ruined abbey, city under the sea, good pub food, popular dogging spots…

Poll: W or W

Favourite Suffolk spot on 08:11 - Apr 9 with 2588 viewsBluespeed225

Must say I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Felixstowe since moving there. I think it's the free parking for pops into town! Enough to keep me occupied pub wise, decent walks, a few dinner places, it's alright.
Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 08:59 - Apr 9 with 2476 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 07:59 - Apr 9 by GeoffSentence

Can't say I have a single favourite Suffolk spot, but Pin Mill is certainly one of my them. It's got so much variety concentrated in a small area. Woods, heath, shoreline, views over the Orwell and of course a great place to finish up in the Butt and Oyster.

Pervert!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 2465 viewsGeoffSentence

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 08:59 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Pervert!

Blaardy heck, I gave that away in three sentences?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 09:12 - Apr 9 with 2450 viewssolemio

Favourite Suffolk spot (n/t) on 07:59 - Apr 9 by GeoffSentence

Two of my favourite pubs are the Butt and Oyster and the Cod and Lobster in Staithes, North Yorkshire.

You didn't want to know that? I'm deeply hurt.
Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:34 - Apr 9 with 2340 viewsleitrimblue

Climb to the very top of Haverhills Chalkstone Estate and then just admire the view across the valley looking up to the bright lights of Blagden Chemicals and IFFs cooling towers.

Alternitively eating pukka pie and chips from Bennys Bar bbq and chipper on the steps of Haverhill town hall is 1 of the great Suffolk experiences everyone should do at least once in their life
Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:38 - Apr 9 with 2324 viewsronnyd

Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:34 - Apr 9 by leitrimblue

Climb to the very top of Haverhills Chalkstone Estate and then just admire the view across the valley looking up to the bright lights of Blagden Chemicals and IFFs cooling towers.

Alternitively eating pukka pie and chips from Bennys Bar bbq and chipper on the steps of Haverhill town hall is 1 of the great Suffolk experiences everyone should do at least once in their life

Speaking as a former Haverhill resident, that is really perverse.
Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:40 - Apr 9 with 2315 viewsleitrimblue

Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:38 - Apr 9 by ronnyd

Speaking as a former Haverhill resident, that is really perverse.

Would happily meet you for a pint in the Pimp Ron I'd they hadn't closed it down

So you have already enjoyed the joys of Bennys BBQ?
Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:43 - Apr 9 with 2299 viewsGuthrum

There are several, but the countryside along the Cambridgeshire border (Mildenhall down to Newmarket and the Kennet valley) will always be my heartland, along with Bury St Edmunds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:54 - Apr 9 with 2268 viewsMookamoo

There is a nice walk from Melton to Bawdsey which takes you past Ramsholt Church. You can sit by the church, which used to be a Saxon lookout tower and look over the Deben. I think that is the perfect Suffolk view

Have a pint in the Ramsholt Arms, walk to Bawdey and get the ferry to Felixstowe for chips by the sea. None more Suffolk.
Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:59 - Apr 9 with 2240 viewsSomethingBlue

Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:54 - Apr 9 by Mookamoo

There is a nice walk from Melton to Bawdsey which takes you past Ramsholt Church. You can sit by the church, which used to be a Saxon lookout tower and look over the Deben. I think that is the perfect Suffolk view

Have a pint in the Ramsholt Arms, walk to Bawdey and get the ferry to Felixstowe for chips by the sea. None more Suffolk.

Was about to mention pretty much exactly this!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Favourite Suffolk spot on 11:00 - Apr 9 with 2236 viewsronnyd

Favourite Suffolk spot on 10:40 - Apr 9 by leitrimblue

Would happily meet you for a pint in the Pimp Ron I'd they hadn't closed it down

So you have already enjoyed the joys of Bennys BBQ?

I left Haverhill over fifty years ago . I lived on both the Parkway and Clements estates when i was there. Got married in St Mary's. Don't think that Benny's BBQ existed then.
Favourite Suffolk spot on 11:11 - Apr 9 with 2194 viewsleitrimblue

Favourite Suffolk spot on 11:00 - Apr 9 by ronnyd

I left Haverhill over fifty years ago . I lived on both the Parkway and Clements estates when i was there. Got married in St Mary's. Don't think that Benny's BBQ existed then.

I remember staring into the window and dribbling over greasy chickens dripping fat into Bennys rotisserie as a kid in the mid 70,s...

Have lived on both those estates but was mainly Chalkstone Massiiiiiiive

Not lived there for other 20 years myself.
Favourite Suffolk spot on 14:22 - Apr 9 with 2043 viewsChondzoresk

South Lopham Fen…..just in Suffolk. Great for ornithologists, peaceful walks. Watch out for those Great Raft Spiders!
Favourite Suffolk spot on 14:43 - Apr 9 with 2006 viewsRadlett_blue

Southwold. My in laws owned a little 2 up, 2 down in nearby Wrentham & we used to take the kids there for summer holidays, renting a beach hut. Still a lovely place for a short break.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Favourite Suffolk spot on 14:46 - Apr 9 with 2002 viewsThatMuhrenCross

The sofa seat in the front window of The Crown Hotel in Framlingham, overlooking the square on market day with a coffee and a sausage sandwich.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Favourite Suffolk spot on 15:09 - Apr 9 with 1954 viewsSharkey

I find I never venture further north or east than Hadleigh, so I'm actually learning quite a lot here.
Favourite Suffolk spot on 15:15 - Apr 9 with 1947 viewsgiant_stow

Beccles. Honorary Norfolk really.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Favourite Suffolk spot on 15:29 - Apr 9 with 1905 viewsCrayonKing

Favourite Suffolk spot on 15:09 - Apr 9 by Sharkey

I find I never venture further north or east than Hadleigh, so I'm actually learning quite a lot here.

You really should. The Suffolk coast is fantastic
Favourite Suffolk spot on 15:37 - Apr 9 with 1890 viewsmutters

Portman Road

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024