Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? 16:35 - Apr 6 with 4587 viewsunstableblue

Both the volume and the camera shots

Seemed a strange mix and very subdued

It should be rabid and relentless

We know we have that in our fan base

I’d expect a tribal blue and white army for ten mins

When the team flagged so badly they needed our very best support

If you went and you didn’t sing like a loon - could you have given the golden ticket to someone a little more enthused?!

We need to bring our A game Weds

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 16:39 - Apr 6 with 4317 viewsgainsboroughblue

Given how many tickets were seemingly handed out to sponsors, staff, guests and randoms, it's not surprising.

Added to that, the cap on 2k away fans, 1230 kick-offs that already exist.

Mini bus loads of lads going up the A140 stopping in every pub on the way and 7k fans in total at the game have long gone.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 16:43 - Apr 6 with 4274 viewsNeedhamChris

Save your ire for Mark Ashton not the 1600 actual fans that were there.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 16:46 - Apr 6 with 4238 viewsHciwspi

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 16:43 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

Save your ire for Mark Ashton not the 1600 actual fans that were there.

Eh?
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:07 - Apr 6 with 4118 viewsAsa

Atmosphere was terrific downstairs in the bar and beforehand and was pretty decent in the away end at kick off.

Was unfortunately the loudest I’ve heard Carrow Road. We then started poorly and it went pretty quiet and rarely recovered. If we’d have gone ahead, played well or equalised it would have been jumping but just a day to forget in all aspects really.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:08 - Apr 6 with 4088 viewsbluelagos

Start of second half we had a loud 15 minutes but that was pretty much it.

And tbf to the Nodge (which I hate doing) they made plenty of noise.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:10 - Apr 6 with 4049 viewstextbackup

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:07 - Apr 6 by Asa

Atmosphere was terrific downstairs in the bar and beforehand and was pretty decent in the away end at kick off.

Was unfortunately the loudest I’ve heard Carrow Road. We then started poorly and it went pretty quiet and rarely recovered. If we’d have gone ahead, played well or equalised it would have been jumping but just a day to forget in all aspects really.

So there was an atmosphere… just not when it mattered? Great, well done all

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:15 - Apr 6 with 3967 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our support was largely pathetic. Just a picnic for many people.

Fans were as poor as the players.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:47 - Apr 6 with 3774 viewsFacefacts

400 tickets not sold to real supporters who can lift the team with real vocal support. And to not announce it. Let's even keep quiet when Police announce 1600 supporters expected. Ashamed. A kick in the teeth for those trying so hard to get tickets, accumulating points. An utter disgrace. This is not a game for hospitality. Shows a lack of understanding of what this rivalry actually means. And might help to explain, to the top of the club, why the team wanted it less than Norwich.
Login to get fewer ads

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:56 - Apr 6 with 3673 viewsitfcjoe

I was relatively low down and on right side so hard to get anything going from there - but it was abysmal. People tried but wasn’t much coming back - throat is hoarse but don’t feel like we gave much of an account of ourselves on or off the pitch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:14 - Apr 6 with 3513 viewsDanny_G

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:56 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

I was relatively low down and on right side so hard to get anything going from there - but it was abysmal. People tried but wasn’t much coming back - throat is hoarse but don’t feel like we gave much of an account of ourselves on or off the pitch

Exactly that. We were low on the left and trying to get stuff going, but it was like a typical day in the north lower - people wanting an atmosphere but doing nothing to make it happen.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 3418 viewsbazza

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:10 - Apr 6 by textbackup

Crowd was pretty poor today to be fair, but I think from the off Norwich looked so much more up for it , and we looked well Of our A game, really strange one today. But as mentioned, Norwich fans were well up for it, they really don’t want us to be going up, so let’s all strap In For the last 5 games give it our all !! If we grab autos, the scum will never get past saints or Leeds.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:26 - Apr 6 with 3386 viewsunstableblue

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:56 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

It sounded really muted after the first 5 mins of good noise… which showed the microphones were picking it up… then it seemed dead

But the camera shots looked like people unengaged
[Post edited 6 Apr 19:15]

Good on you for trying (n/t) on 18:27 - Apr 6 with 3365 viewsunstableblue

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:39 - Apr 6 with 3186 viewsStewart27

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:26 - Apr 6 by unstableblue

It sounded really muted after the first 5 mins of good noise… which showed the microphones were picking it up… then it seemed dead

This is really, really sad
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 3133 views_clive_baker_

Agreed but reckon we were outnumbered 20/1 in terms of proper fans in the ground.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:46 - Apr 6 with 3114 viewsITFC_Forever

I lost my voice after the Southampton game, and it still hasn’t come back properly and have felt ill this week.
Been guzzling paracetamol and ibruprofen along with stepsils the last few days.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:47 - Apr 6 with 3094 viewsDJR

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:26 - Apr 6 by unstableblue

The noise was pretty good until we conceded, and there was a good, long rendition of Blue Army in the second half. but the noise was not as good and consistent as most away games. Maybe the tension, and the fact that we struggled a bit, played a part.
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:50]
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:59 - Apr 6 with 2947 viewsMK1

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:10 - Apr 6 by textbackup

Slagging off the team all afternoon, now starting on the fans. Nice.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 21:08 - Apr 6 with 2417 viewsSitfcB

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 17:07 - Apr 6 by Asa

Why don’t people save themselves and sing when it matters during the game?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 21:51 - Apr 6 with 2171 viewspennblue

I would say the 400 give away made a big difference today, Norwich were loud too and really there was naff all going on the pitch for us was there

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 23:49 - Apr 6 with 1749 viewsAdrianPazDidUseDAZ

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 21:51 - Apr 6 by pennblue

I would say the 400 give away made a big difference today, Norwich were loud too and really there was naff all going on the pitch for us was there

Not Good Enough , Full Stop .

I spent the last two days telling my Swedish family that I will repeat all the great songs we sing at the derby that I hear us sing! “Blue & White Army” at some stage in the second half and that was it!

No excuse (400 comp tickets doesn't help) but seriously if there’s one game to get behind the team and sing all game no matter what is happening on the pitch this was it.

Really sad and disappointing.

On a positive it’s still in our own hands but please get behind the team like we did on Monday night!
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 00:31 - Apr 7 with 1622 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 21:51 - Apr 6 by pennblue

Loads of people were losing their sh1t for the selvies with Wardley.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 01:29 - Apr 7 with 1532 viewsJon_456

So did the 400 giveaway’s stop the other 1600 fans singing? Atmosphere sounded pathetic on the TV.

Much like home games, too many fans not making enough effort to support this incredible team. Over the last two years much has been made about the acoustics of PR but Monday confirmed there’s no issue there, it just needs enough people to put the effort in.
Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 08:39 - Apr 7 with 1060 viewstextbackup

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 18:59 - Apr 6 by MK1

Slagging off the team all afternoon, now starting on the fans. Nice.

The team didn’t turn up, neither did the fans.

Want exactly did you want me to praise?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 09:04 - Apr 7 with 961 viewspennblue

Was the away end as bad as it came across on the television? on 01:29 - Apr 7 by Jon_456

So did the 400 giveaway’s stop the other 1600 fans singing? Atmosphere sounded pathetic on the TV.

Much like home games, too many fans not making enough effort to support this incredible team. Over the last two years much has been made about the acoustics of PR but Monday confirmed there’s no issue there, it just needs enough people to put the effort in.

Well, 400 means we are 20% down on singers anyway. Then you can safely assume that there is a diehard section of our fans of around 400-500 who have followed the club for the past 1,000 years and go everywhere, but they are not necessarily the most vociferous demographic. So straight away, you are down to 1,000 diluted.

It appeared that a lot of the 400 give aways were handed out to people towards the back of the stand. This is where you want your singers, because the noise carries out across the roof and gets everyone else joining in.

I was up the back, and there were some singers around, but nowhere enough.

But I do largely agree with your sentiment that fans in general are not making enough effort to support the team. I suspect like Wagner said yesterday, that he was largely lying in most matches saying the 'support is great', I suspect the players will also feel pretty let down by the support they got yesterday, because for large parts of the 2nd half, you would not know we had any supporters there.

If you were there yesterday, you should have lost your voice today.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024