Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore starting 20:36 - Apr 6 with 1693 viewsZx1988

I've seen a few mentions suggesting that KMc not starting Ali suggests that he doesn't trust him.

Could it not necessarily be that, but that the loan deal with Bournemouth stipulates that KM must start if available and fit?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Moore starting on 20:43 - Apr 6 with 1636 viewsSitfcB

No, it’s just that Moore is the better option from the start.

Although Ali is pushing for one now imo.

Regarding the first bit just link this to them…

McKenna: Al-Hamadi Has Earned Our Trust 4th Apr 2024 17:22
Blues boss Kieran McKenna says striker Ali Al-Hamadi will have earned the trust put in him if he makes his first Blues start in Saturday’s East Anglian derby against Norwich City at Carrow Road. 16

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Moore starting on 20:44 - Apr 6 with 1616 viewsFrimleyBlue

I mentioned the trust thing as KM said he'd earned his trust only a couple days ago. Yet we saw an unfit moore selected against 2 stocky cbs.

You either trust a player or not. So KM rather shot himself in the foot with that comment imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Moore starting on 20:47 - Apr 6 with 1594 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moore starting on 20:43 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

No, it’s just that Moore is the better option from the start.

Although Ali is pushing for one now imo.

Regarding the first bit just link this to them…

McKenna: Al-Hamadi Has Earned Our Trust 4th Apr 2024 17:22
Blues boss Kieran McKenna says striker Ali Al-Hamadi will have earned the trust put in him if he makes his first Blues start in Saturday’s East Anglian derby against Norwich City at Carrow Road. 16

Based on the last two matches, I'm not sure that Moore is the best option from the start. Especially if carrying an injury.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Moore starting on 20:54 - Apr 6 with 1541 viewsMK1

Moore starting on 20:44 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

I mentioned the trust thing as KM said he'd earned his trust only a couple days ago. Yet we saw an unfit moore selected against 2 stocky cbs.

You either trust a player or not. So KM rather shot himself in the foot with that comment imo.

No. He said he has earnt his trust and there is no reason to disbelieve him. McKenna thought it would be better to start with Moore. Nothing to do with trust, just the manager making a choice of who is best to play against the team we play that day.
McKenna has got us to second in the league with 5 to go. I certainly am not going to call him out on any of his decisions since becoming manager of our great club.
Moore starting on 21:00 - Apr 6 with 1476 viewsFrimleyBlue

Moore starting on 20:54 - Apr 6 by MK1

No. He said he has earnt his trust and there is no reason to disbelieve him. McKenna thought it would be better to start with Moore. Nothing to do with trust, just the manager making a choice of who is best to play against the team we play that day.
McKenna has got us to second in the league with 5 to go. I certainly am not going to call him out on any of his decisions since becoming manager of our great club.

No ones calling him out Mk. You're getting sensitive to posters today. But imo if you one minute say you trust a player then you show that trust. Not selecting him to start was a lack of trust esp when moore hadn't even trained 2 days ago. You also saw a massive bruise on his back in the pre match warm up he wasn't ready and wasn't the right choice against their 2 stocky cbs.

Waka waka eh eh

Moore starting on 21:07 - Apr 6 with 1459 viewshomer_123

Moore starting on 21:00 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

No ones calling him out Mk. You're getting sensitive to posters today. But imo if you one minute say you trust a player then you show that trust. Not selecting him to start was a lack of trust esp when moore hadn't even trained 2 days ago. You also saw a massive bruise on his back in the pre match warm up he wasn't ready and wasn't the right choice against their 2 stocky cbs.

You're over thinking it Frimmers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Moore starting on 21:10 - Apr 6 with 1446 viewsFrimleyBlue

Moore starting on 21:07 - Apr 6 by homer_123

You're over thinking it Frimmers.

Possibly. Apologies.

Think I'm feeling the loss more than I thought lol.

Waka waka eh eh

Moore starting on 21:14 - Apr 6 with 1423 viewshomer_123

Moore starting on 21:10 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

Possibly. Apologies.

Think I'm feeling the loss more than I thought lol.

No need for apologies.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Moore starting on 21:29 - Apr 6 with 1351 viewsMK1

Moore starting on 21:00 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

I just don't like anybody (not just you) questioning our manager. If we were fighting relegation and our manager wasn't prepared for changing the line up, then I would be saying so on here.
We are second in the league in our first season back in the Championship with a squad which many (me included) thought would get us top half at best.
Today hurts more than any other, of course it does, but suggesting the manager doesn't trust his players is just an over reaction for me.
This isn't because it is you, I would say the same to anyone who questions McKenna at this point. I am not saying McKenna should never be criticised in the future, just not now. It is one defeat, hard to take, but one defeat.
Moore starting on 21:35 - Apr 6 with 1315 viewsFrimleyBlue

Moore starting on 21:29 - Apr 6 by MK1

I just don't like anybody (not just you) questioning our manager. If we were fighting relegation and our manager wasn't prepared for changing the line up, then I would be saying so on here.
We are second in the league in our first season back in the Championship with a squad which many (me included) thought would get us top half at best.
Today hurts more than any other, of course it does, but suggesting the manager doesn't trust his players is just an over reaction for me.
This isn't because it is you, I would say the same to anyone who questions McKenna at this point. I am not saying McKenna should never be criticised in the future, just not now. It is one defeat, hard to take, but one defeat.

I wasnt suggesting he doesn't trust his players overall. It's just one specific situation mentioned and the selection doesn't match the words spoken only days ago.

It's done now tho and we can't change it. But today's selection for me was a bit Southgate like. But it's the only time I've thought it.

Waka waka eh eh

Moore starting on 21:37 - Apr 6 with 1298 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Al Hamadi has a groin injury that needs surgery. I don't expect him to play 90 minutes for the rest of the season. Better to start Moore and bring Al Hamadi on that vice versa.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Moore starting on 21:43 - Apr 6 with 1259 viewscressi

Moore starting on 21:37 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Al Hamadi has a groin injury that needs surgery. I don't expect him to play 90 minutes for the rest of the season. Better to start Moore and bring Al Hamadi on that vice versa.

Yea Ali has a injury which needs a operation in the summer hence why a hour is enough.
We have no option but to play Moore at present.
Moore starting on 21:45 - Apr 6 with 1246 viewsMK1

Moore starting on 21:35 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

I wasnt suggesting he doesn't trust his players overall. It's just one specific situation mentioned and the selection doesn't match the words spoken only days ago.

It's done now tho and we can't change it. But today's selection for me was a bit Southgate like. But it's the only time I've thought it.

The selection had nothing to do with the words he said a few days ago. It had nothing to do with not trusting a player. Our manager thought it would be best to start with one player over another. Nothing to do with trust, which is what you are suggesting.
Moore starting on 22:53 - Apr 6 with 1091 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moore starting on 21:37 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

If Al Hamadi started he likely would only play 60 mins.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Moore starting on 23:06 - Apr 6 with 1049 viewsSomethingBlue

Think it’s more that Al-Hamadi is carrying an injury grave enough that ideally he wouldn’t be playing at all. Hopefully Hirst can recover some sharpness quickly and take a little weight off soon.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Moore starting on 23:55 - Apr 6 with 948 viewsbournemouthblue

Al-Hamadi is nursing a groin injury isn't he, that's part of it in itself

He has a long term plan for us, I think he'll be a big player for us in the long run

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Moore starting on 09:14 - Apr 7 with 719 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Moore starting on 20:44 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

No, you don't "either trust a player or not", it's far more nuanced than that. Moore is the more experienced striker and from a higher level. We know the drill, if he's fit enough to start he does, he bothers the opposition and then we bring on the pace and directness of Al Hamadi.

It's not a question of "trust" and KM hasn't remotely "shot himself in the foot". Careful your don't slip back into your old ways.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Moore starting on 09:19 - Apr 7 with 703 viewstractorboy1978

Moore starting on 23:06 - Apr 6 by SomethingBlue

Think it’s more that Al-Hamadi is carrying an injury grave enough that ideally he wouldn’t be playing at all. Hopefully Hirst can recover some sharpness quickly and take a little weight off soon.

From what I heard, Moore was never in doubt to play. It wasn't even a last minute call, he'd trained a couple of times during the week. And as you say Al-Hamadi is carrying his own injury.
Moore starting on 09:36 - Apr 7 with 647 viewsFrimleyBlue

Moore starting on 09:14 - Apr 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, you don't "either trust a player or not", it's far more nuanced than that. Moore is the more experienced striker and from a higher level. We know the drill, if he's fit enough to start he does, he bothers the opposition and then we bring on the pace and directness of Al Hamadi.

It's not a question of "trust" and KM hasn't remotely "shot himself in the foot". Careful your don't slip back into your old ways.

I'm allowed an opinion flash. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I'm slipping back to old ways.

Now let's leave it there because me and you responding time and time again is indeed slipping back to old ways.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024