Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nerves just kicked in for Sat 15:36 - Apr 3 with 4614 viewsjasondozzell

Horrible lurch in stomach and tightness in chest
[Post edited 3 Apr 15:37]
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:50 - Apr 3 with 1273 viewsLinners

If I think about it too much then I feel sick to be honest, so I'm trying not to think about it. And I try to think instead how lucky I am that a football match is my biggest worry at the moment...because it won't always be.

That and the fact whatever happens this team will still be an absolute joy.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:50 - Apr 3 with 1266 viewsChurchman

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 15:50 - Apr 3 by jasondozzell

I'm exactly the same. Dreading it.

I always dread these games. Even when we were much better than them before Sky invented football, I hated it.

Funnily enough, the last two games have taken something off it this time for me. We have something much more to aim for than beating a team in a clown kit. They cannot end our challenge, which I’m sure they’d have loved to do.

I’m just looking forward to the game being over and seeing where we are after dirty Leeds and lucky Leicester (how lucky is it to have got away with cheating by retaining/building a top Championship team by ignoring the financial rules?).

Let’s do what we do Saturday. No hype, no noise. Just go and ‘do a Barnsley’ on them. How delicious would that be?
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:56 - Apr 3 with 1235 viewspennblue

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 15:50 - Apr 3 by jasondozzell

I'm exactly the same. Dreading it.

quietly confident, not cocky, lets not get ahead of ourselves, they have a strong record at home and will be wanting to beat us no doubt. I feel a draw is the most likely result, but I don't think that will be the result.........

We screwed up the home game imo, this one feels like we have the right balance, normal prep, no travelling, 2 home games after, plenty of time to do our homework, no fanfare, we just need to stay professional and do what we do best.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:02 - Apr 3 with 1204 viewsHelp

Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. OGAAT. Que sera, sera.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:07 - Apr 3 with 1190 viewsOldFart71

I go for a 1-3, 2-3 scoreline in our favour. My only fear if the worst happened and they beat us is the gloating and total bias by those broadcasting from Norwich studios. Also hearing the love and respect we have from the like of the Leeds, Leicester and Saints fans. Why not give credit where credit is due. I said at the beginning of the season when Leeds beat us we shouldn't be to uptight about it as they would be one of the teams at the top of the league come the end of the season. Town fans have grown in stature and belief after years of have hope taken away from them. Just as the banners said on Miracle on 34th Street. BELIEVE.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:10 - Apr 3 with 1181 viewsNthQldITFC

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:16 - Apr 3 by DanTheMan

The only reason I'm dreading it is because their home form is bloody good at the moment. I'll be happy if we come away with a point if I'm honest.

I'm surprising calm as of Wednesday 5pm.

We didn't get the job done at home, but at the end of the season it's blindingly obvious how much better than them we are. From what I've read/seen so far, I'd say they're far more nervous about this one than we are, it means so much to them on so many levels (play offs, stopping us, the 'run') whereas to us it's another good three points if we can do it, but probably our third or even second toughest remaining test out of the way.

I predict a thoroughly professional McKenna masterclass - a tactical dismantling of a manic budgie side against a calm and deadly Town. It's a case where the away game suits us more than the home game this time, I think.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:15 - Apr 3 with 1165 viewsnrb1985

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 15:45 - Apr 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

I might be in the minority, I'm not sure. But I absolutely hate the Derby. If you offered me the chance to never play the game again I would take it.

I feel like I know exactly how Saturday ends. And I am not looking forward to it.

100% this.

I'll be switching my phone off and going for a 2 hour walk or gym session. At best I may keep my phone on with FT only update from the SSN app.

Horrible game and just feels there's too much riding on it as has been said.

I'm slightly buoyed though having watched their joke of a performance second half on Monday. Think we may just edge it 1-2.

COYFB
[Post edited 3 Apr 17:16]
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:37 - Apr 3 with 1109 viewsChurchman

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:15 - Apr 3 by nrb1985

100% this.

I'll be switching my phone off and going for a 2 hour walk or gym session. At best I may keep my phone on with FT only update from the SSN app.

Horrible game and just feels there's too much riding on it as has been said.

I'm slightly buoyed though having watched their joke of a performance second half on Monday. Think we may just edge it 1-2.

COYFB
[Post edited 3 Apr 17:16]

I’ll be doing much the same. I could do with some time on the driving range after Saturday’s miserable hack. So phone off, proper lengthy session and I’ll look for the result at 3.40pm.
Login to get fewer ads

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:39 - Apr 3 with 1098 viewsMK1

Bring it on. They are going to have to eat one hell of a lot of humble pie for their tea.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 1062 views_clive_baker_

On the positive side we go there top of the league and who could've dreamed that would be the case when the fixtures came out. Whatever happens, we'll also leave there top of the league. That might be temporary until Leeds and Leicester play if we lose, but whatever happens on Saturday afternoon we'll be walking out of there top of the league, it's not a bad position to be in. We're also guaranteed top 6, and we're guaranteed to finish above them.

If they beat us it definitely puts a spanner in our works, and perhaps increases the likelihood of us meeting them again in the playoffs which isn't something I would look forward to, but going in to that with a point to prove and a score to settle, with a 2nd leg at PR wouldn't be the worst thing on paper.

I don't want to think about that though. We've flying at the moment, 9 wins in our last 10 and full of confidence. It's just another game, just another away day and we need to treat like Southampton, Boro, Watford, Bristol City and the countless others we've taken 3 points from this season.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 18:07 - Apr 3 with 1017 viewsSwansea_Blue

I might be in the minority, I'm not sure. But I absolutely hate the Derby. If you offered me the chance to never play the game again I would take it.

I feel like I know exactly how Saturday ends. And I am not looking forward to it.

This. It’s even worse this time round after knowing we’re the better team but also that we messed up the home tie. Not looking forward to it at all. I’m not sure yet whether to give it a miss or get horribly pissed lol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 992 viewsWeWereZombies

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:50 - Apr 3 by Linners

If I think about it too much then I feel sick to be honest, so I'm trying not to think about it. And I try to think instead how lucky I am that a football match is my biggest worry at the moment...because it won't always be.

That and the fact whatever happens this team will still be an absolute joy.

Very much this, we are not aid workers in Gaza or residents of Kyiv watching missiles incoming. It may be more than a usual football match and one we really should win to keep ourselves in control of our own destiny for automatic promotion but there are so many more unfortunate than us around the World at the moment. Surely we can take an analytical view of this game and enjoy it for the love of the sport ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 18:27 - Apr 3 with 974 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:06 - Apr 3 by textbackup

I would be if at home. But just arrived in the most yoga shagging place I’ve ever been/seen… and I’m basically vegan and milking plants until Sunday. So I’m sending positive vibes for a calm Town win

Have a word with some of the others on this thread about positive affirmations would you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 18:38 - Apr 3 with 971 viewsmonkeymagic

My nerves are on edge too. My coping mechanism is that regardless of the score on Saturday, we will still be the only one of the two teams to win the League, FA and UEFA Cups. And have produced England’s best two managers. At best, Norwich have a 10% chance of winning the FA cup at some point, it is almost inconceivable that they’ll even win the league or triumph in Europe.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 19:03 - Apr 3 with 944 viewsbackwaywhen

Please bear this in mind , they are having a very good run of form at home recently, but they have not dominated many of those wins , Plymouth for example could have been 2 up had they taken their chances in the last home game , same with several of the other visitors in recent games , nothing to fear I feel if we carry on as we have been , KM will keep the nerves from the door ….In McKenna we trust COYBs
Ps it’s going to be a glorious 20 degrees Saturday so let’s have our day of fun in the sun 😎
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 19:08 - Apr 3 with 918 viewsBlueBlood90

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 16:45 - Apr 3 by yoda

I'm strangely chilled at the moment I'm telling myself you are the better side and a point would be a decent result,while at the same time knowing that if Norwich turn up we have enough to win the game.I absolutely hate the derby there's just nothing enjoyable unless your team comes out on top and even though it's been a long while I remember what it's like to lose and it stays with you for days and days.I wouldn't worry too much if I were you lot can't see beyond a 3-1 win unfortunately .

It's nice to have a reasonable budgie on the forum (for two games a season anyway). Out of curiosity, why can't you see beyond a 3-1 win for us? Your home form is exceptional recently and have a striker who's scored in his last 8 home games. I would personally be happy with a draw.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 19:33 - Apr 3 with 867 views_clive_baker_

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 19:08 - Apr 3 by BlueBlood90

It's nice to have a reasonable budgie on the forum (for two games a season anyway). Out of curiosity, why can't you see beyond a 3-1 win for us? Your home form is exceptional recently and have a striker who's scored in his last 8 home games. I would personally be happy with a draw.

Sargent's bloody good you have to say. The fact he's in the top 10 scorers in the league and got more goals than anyone in our side is quite impressive considering he's been injured for half the season. He's averaging about a goal a game when you consider it on a goals per minute basis.

I think we'll have to score 2 or 3 to win it, but we're perfectly capable of that.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 20:19 - Apr 3 with 782 viewsbazza

I was ok, until I read this thread, now I’m bricking it again!!
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 21:52 - Apr 3 with 713 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 20:19 - Apr 3 by bazza

I was ok, until I read this thread, now I’m bricking it again!!

Asking for a friend. Have farts got lumps in ?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 21:55 - Apr 3 with 708 viewsMelford

I've been learning how to play Microsoft Flight Simulator. Just flown a 747 from Portman Road and crashed it into the back of the Barclay Stand kamikaze style.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 21:58 - Apr 3 with 700 viewsbazza

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 21:52 - Apr 3 by Portmanteauxcurling

Asking for a friend. Have farts got lumps in ?

Only in the run up to a derby day 😂
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 22:21 - Apr 3 with 669 viewsfab_lover

Look, ladies and gents, we are currently top of the league AND top of the form table.

FFS, we don't want to be complacent, but we are literally the best team in this division right now.

Have some faith.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 22:25 - Apr 3 with 655 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we dont win sat and if we dont go up, i just hope we keep the fkers down somehow. financially they are bugered if they dont go up.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 22:30 - Apr 3 with 649 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

I hear you to a certain extent. However if you have more victories than losses vs them in your lifetime then it’s optimal to play them from a happy/sad point of view. Would you be happy to suffer that horrible feeling in order to have the ecstatic feeling? Naturally the human brain thinks more negatively and I’m also dreading the worse case scenario on Saturday but the cold hard facts and percentage chances say we are more likely to win than them albeit not by much.
Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 22:36 - Apr 3 with 634 viewsNthQldITFC

Nerves just kicked in for Sat on 21:55 - Apr 3 by Melford

I've been learning how to play Microsoft Flight Simulator. Just flown a 747 from Portman Road and crashed it into the back of the Barclay Stand kamikaze style.

"Matches are cheaper." R Chase, 1980-odd

When ever are they going to rebuild it?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024