Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations 11:04 - Apr 3 with 3894 viewsSamuelowen88

Firstly, the defending is shocking, there is no way, after he slips he should be first to the ball, they both just give up.

Look how much it means, not just to those you would expect it (Chappers, Morsy, Clarke) but to loan players, and new players Al-Hamadi and Omari both involved in pile on. This teams togetherness and team spirit is insane.

Davis, doesn't join the pile on. Walks calmly back to our half. Is there some rule that one player has to be in the half (like the rule if everyone is off the pitch?) Or is he just absolutely knackered.

Hladky knee slide 1/10 although as a keeper probably doesn't have much practise

Poll: England v Wales Score

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:10 - Apr 3 with 3597 viewsRadlett_blue

Defenders get tired towards the end of games. They are rarely replaced so are vulnerable, especially if energetic impact subs like Sarmiento can be brought on. That's largely why a high proportion of goals are scored in the final quarter of football matches.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:11 - Apr 3 with 3598 viewsKieran_Knows

'Davis, doesn't join the pile on. Walks calmly back to our half. Is there some rule that one player has to be in the half (like the rule if everyone is off the pitch?) Or is he just absolutely knackered.'

I'm pretty certain Burgess normally stays back for celebrations, for that rule alone. He certainly did for quite a while anyway.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:11 - Apr 3 with 3595 viewsSteve_M

It's the slip on the first touch though, it threw everyone off. The reaction in NS5 was the start of a groan followed by the realisation that the ball was heading right for the corner off the second touch.

Southampton looked knackered late on too, once AAH hit the post their composure at the back disappeared like ours had in the first half.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 3564 views_clive_baker_

I think Davis was absolutely cooked. The guy is a machine, the amount of running he gets through in a game is nuts, and nowadays we're talking 100 minute games twice a week. To still be bombing up in the 97th minute and having the awareness to find the pass, he's sublime.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:27 - Apr 3 with 3457 viewsLankHenners

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:11 - Apr 3 by Steve_M

It's the slip on the first touch though, it threw everyone off. The reaction in NS5 was the start of a groan followed by the realisation that the ball was heading right for the corner off the second touch.

Southampton looked knackered late on too, once AAH hit the post their composure at the back disappeared like ours had in the first half.

Yeah thought the game started to swing on that moment. Felt as though players and crowd alike realised we could get at them and they weren't so intimidating. Think that gave AAH a bit more confidence as well - struggled to get going before that but made a few really strong runs with the ball that had their backline looking a little panicked.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:28 - Apr 3 with 3445 viewsGuthrum

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:11 - Apr 3 by Kieran_Knows

'Davis, doesn't join the pile on. Walks calmly back to our half. Is there some rule that one player has to be in the half (like the rule if everyone is off the pitch?) Or is he just absolutely knackered.'

I'm pretty certain Burgess normally stays back for celebrations, for that rule alone. He certainly did for quite a while anyway.

There is no rule about one player staying back.

This was mentioned in a thread yesterday:
"EVERY ANGLE OF JEREMY SARMIENTO'S SOUTHAMPTON WINNER" by Zx1988 2 Apr 17:03
Debunked by a FIFA spokesperson back in 2018:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-truth-behind-rule-players-12745987

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:30 - Apr 3 with 3418 viewsGuthrum

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:13 - Apr 3 by _clive_baker_

I think Davis was absolutely cooked. The guy is a machine, the amount of running he gets through in a game is nuts, and nowadays we're talking 100 minute games twice a week. To still be bombing up in the 97th minute and having the awareness to find the pass, he's sublime.

Plus he was ill just a few days before, had to be subbed off. Probably not yet 100%.

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:31 - Apr 3 with 3392 viewsSteve_M

Those 20 minute cameos Gregg Leigh played last season added up to a quite a lot, should have been able to do the same with Williams too this season but unfortunately....

Login to get fewer ads

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 3361 viewsTrequartista

I like the way he wheeled away in celebration before the ball had even gone past the keeper

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 12:00 - Apr 3 with 3184 viewsmutters

That groan quickly followed by cheers is fantastic. Watching it on TV was amazing the noise was unbelievable. Being there must have been out of this world. My sister was telling me that everybody was hugging everybody where she was sitting.

Blooming amazing scenes

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 12:28 - Apr 3 with 3059 viewsSteve_M

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 12:00 - Apr 3 by mutters

That groan quickly followed by cheers is fantastic. Watching it on TV was amazing the noise was unbelievable. Being there must have been out of this world. My sister was telling me that everybody was hugging everybody where she was sitting.

Blooming amazing scenes

I got stuck at work and ended up watching Bristol City on Sky so felt a bit like you do about that one. Absolutely delighted but....

So yes, glad I made up for that Monday. The celebration was one of the best at PR, someone mentioned Gunn's airkick earlier, it was up there with that, Bolton 2000 and the Sheffield United comeback.

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 12:55 - Apr 3 with 2939 viewsPhilTWTD

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:28 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

There is no rule about one player staying back.

This was mentioned in a thread yesterday:
"EVERY ANGLE OF JEREMY SARMIENTO'S SOUTHAMPTON WINNER" by Zx1988 2 Apr 17:03
Debunked by a FIFA spokesperson back in 2018:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-truth-behind-rule-players-12745987

Terry Butcher said the other week that when he was managing in Australia the referee allowed the opposition to kick-off even though they had one outfield player in their own half as the others were celebrating. Fortunately, the one managed to win the ball!
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:02 - Apr 3 with 2868 viewsSwansea_Blue

Morsy gets a lot of plaudits and many would like to see him get Player of the Season, but for me Davis is just as important. Arguably more so given our strength is creating and scoring.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our form dipped when he was unavailable.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:13 - Apr 3 with 2787 viewsRIPbobby

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 12:55 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Terry Butcher said the other week that when he was managing in Australia the referee allowed the opposition to kick-off even though they had one outfield player in their own half as the others were celebrating. Fortunately, the one managed to win the ball!

Reminds me of that England game where Sol Campbell thought he had scored the winner and the argies were allowed to restart and we almost lost. There would have been an uproar if they had scored and we had lost so unfortunately.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:55 - Apr 3 with 2666 viewsGuthrum

I didn't realise it had gone in at first. Looked to me like the ball was running along the hoarding behind the goal. But then everyone erupted.

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:59 - Apr 3 with 2631 viewsPhilTWTD

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:13 - Apr 3 by RIPbobby

Reminds me of that England game where Sol Campbell thought he had scored the winner and the argies were allowed to restart and we almost lost. There would have been an uproar if they had scored and we had lost so unfortunately.

Or Town at Watford when Danny Haynes and Jaime Peters were celebrating and the goal was disallowed.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 16:45 - Apr 3 with 2379 viewsRadlett_blue

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:59 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Or Town at Watford when Danny Haynes and Jaime Peters were celebrating and the goal was disallowed.

Indeed, George O'Callaghan had already been (wrongly) sent off on his first Town start or removing 15st of Danny Shittu from his posterior so we effectively had only 8 players on the pitch.
I have rarely been as gutted to lose a game as that one, with 10 man Town outplaying Watford for most of the game, having Haynes's goal controversially disallowed & then an ex-Budgie scoring a late, undeserved winner for Watford.
[Post edited 3 Apr 17:08]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 16:48 - Apr 3 with 2359 viewsArnieM

I couldn’t believe Hldaky had run the length of the pitch to celebrate… bloody loved it

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 2108 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The key thing was Sarmiento was very quick to stab it home with his other foot before anyone else had reacted. It had a lot of power for such an improvised toe-poke - just enough to beat the keeper. In a way it was similar to Broadhead's finish where the instant hit on the turn was just too quick for anyone to react to it.

EDIT: Just watched it again and for the first time after about 15+ views, I noticed how Sarmiento moves the ball deliberately on to his right foot before stabbing it home. I thought it had just rolled there!
[Post edited 3 Apr 18:47]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 19:30 - Apr 3 with 1957 viewsVegtablue

Dare I say it, reminded me of Rowe's goal against us when Woolf was seemingly stuck in concrete. Not uncommon for defenders to freeze in those situations and boy did Jezza recover in a flash.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 22:43 - Apr 3 with 1619 viewsbadadski

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 18:37 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

The key thing was Sarmiento was very quick to stab it home with his other foot before anyone else had reacted. It had a lot of power for such an improvised toe-poke - just enough to beat the keeper. In a way it was similar to Broadhead's finish where the instant hit on the turn was just too quick for anyone to react to it.

EDIT: Just watched it again and for the first time after about 15+ views, I noticed how Sarmiento moves the ball deliberately on to his right foot before stabbing it home. I thought it had just rolled there!
[Post edited 3 Apr 18:47]

Sarmiento actually took the ball away from the defender with his left foot before prodding it home with his right foot - great bit of recovery and skill considering the compete miss hit first attempt
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 23:28 - Apr 3 with 1503 viewsPhilTWTD

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 16:45 - Apr 3 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, George O'Callaghan had already been (wrongly) sent off on his first Town start or removing 15st of Danny Shittu from his posterior so we effectively had only 8 players on the pitch.
I have rarely been as gutted to lose a game as that one, with 10 man Town outplaying Watford for most of the game, having Haynes's goal controversially disallowed & then an ex-Budgie scoring a late, undeserved winner for Watford.
[Post edited 3 Apr 17:08]

Agree, was a very frustrating day. George O'C was playing very well that day and never really ever got a chance to establish himself here.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:16 - Apr 4 with 1062 viewsEuropablue

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 12:28 - Apr 3 by Steve_M

I got stuck at work and ended up watching Bristol City on Sky so felt a bit like you do about that one. Absolutely delighted but....

So yes, glad I made up for that Monday. The celebration was one of the best at PR, someone mentioned Gunn's airkick earlier, it was up there with that, Bolton 2000 and the Sheffield United comeback.

The Sheffield Utd. comeback really sticks with me.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 11:19 - Apr 4 with 1041 viewsEuropablue

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 22:43 - Apr 3 by badadski

Sarmiento actually took the ball away from the defender with his left foot before prodding it home with his right foot - great bit of recovery and skill considering the compete miss hit first attempt

That was an incredible reaction to a slip. He was just so quick that the defenders didn't have a chance to adjust. The defending wasn't that bad especially as they only had 10 men.
Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 13:04 - Apr 4 with 932 viewsSharkey

Sarmiento Goal , a couple of observations on 22:43 - Apr 3 by badadski

Yes, they all seem to more focused on his left foot, including the keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024