Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone see any of this after the game? 10:57 - Apr 2 with 4905 viewsDinDjarin

Taken from Saints forum.

Have to say our fans were top notch during the game BUT the some of the drunken 'yoof' c**** after the game were an absolute disgrace!! Witnessed one headbutt an innocent Ipswich fan just outside the ground whilst another 'fan' punched another in the face - police quickly arrested the second luckily. Their fans before & after game, the stewards, the police were a great bunch - despite the awful result, they did not deserve our belleends wading into blameless supporters!
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:16 - Apr 2 with 4235 viewsITFC_Forever

I read that on their forum as well.

Didn't see it myself, although I saw a couple of people squaring up to each other, which the police intervened in.

Further down the thread, a Saints supporter alludes to this happening at other games and when he told them to behave, he was told "it's part of aways". The state of some people.

Idiots ruining it for others as usual - which is a shame, because the Saints fans seemed to be ok yesterday on the whole.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:18 - Apr 2 with 4196 viewsitfcjoe

I saw 2 or 3 seats raining down at one point from back to front of away end - was prob more than that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 4140 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:16 - Apr 2 by ITFC_Forever

I read that on their forum as well.

Didn't see it myself, although I saw a couple of people squaring up to each other, which the police intervened in.

Further down the thread, a Saints supporter alludes to this happening at other games and when he told them to behave, he was told "it's part of aways". The state of some people.

Idiots ruining it for others as usual - which is a shame, because the Saints fans seemed to be ok yesterday on the whole.

It's always seems to be the chavy kids as well, and we've got our share unfortunately. Most clubs probably have a bit of an issue. I'd go nuts if my lad behaved like some of these morons do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:22 - Apr 2 with 4122 viewsTractorBoy

I sat underneath them in Block S and they made good noise throughout (until 2-2 onwards!). A few idiots chucked pints down at us though, landing on families and senior fans. Poor from them.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:54 - Apr 2 with 3886 viewssoupytwist

Saw a post on Twitter from someone who said that they, and their two boys, were set upon by about 8 Southampton fans after the game. Not sure if it's the same incident as referred to here.

There were several aggravated Southampton fans on the walk back up towards the station with police officers trying to calm down a few of them.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 12:27 - Apr 2 with 3658 viewsOldFart71

Fans of all clubs need to ask themselves what do they want ? A nice seat in a decent stand, a pie and a pint and a decent game of footie along with friends and family. Or an open shack where you get soaking wet, there's a huge cage between you and the marauding hordes throwing bottles and obscenities at each other. Ah, back to the good old days of skinheads and bovver boys. "Two black eyes and broken nose, that's how the North Stand aggro goes" No thanks. Let's keep the family atmosphere where young kids can go without parents having to cover their eyes and ears. We love what's going on, don't let a few spoil this wonderful journey and hopefully this will spread to all clubs.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:15 - Apr 2 with 3342 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 11:54 - Apr 2 by soupytwist

Saw a post on Twitter from someone who said that they, and their two boys, were set upon by about 8 Southampton fans after the game. Not sure if it's the same incident as referred to here.

There were several aggravated Southampton fans on the walk back up towards the station with police officers trying to calm down a few of them.

That walk back to the station has become more and more edgy in recent seasons.

We don't usually see it as we usually go up to Beatties for a pint after the game, but we still have to navigate the away fans as they are coming out of their exits to turn right off PR to the back of Churchmans.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:27 - Apr 2 with 3195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 12:27 - Apr 2 by OldFart71

Fans of all clubs need to ask themselves what do they want ? A nice seat in a decent stand, a pie and a pint and a decent game of footie along with friends and family. Or an open shack where you get soaking wet, there's a huge cage between you and the marauding hordes throwing bottles and obscenities at each other. Ah, back to the good old days of skinheads and bovver boys. "Two black eyes and broken nose, that's how the North Stand aggro goes" No thanks. Let's keep the family atmosphere where young kids can go without parents having to cover their eyes and ears. We love what's going on, don't let a few spoil this wonderful journey and hopefully this will spread to all clubs.

You’re right, but I’m not sure you’ll ever stop the agro completely. Bottom line is that some blokes don’t have the maturity to manage their testosterone. I don’t think that’ll ever change. It’s not unique to football either.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:39 - Apr 2 with 3091 viewsArnieM

Its not good when this kinda thing happens, and it seems to be "one or two"( when you think there were nearly 30k in that ground last night) .

But what I will say, is the levels of violence at games these days ( thankfully) pales into almost insignificance, compared to the 1970's. when all out war on the terraces and surrounding areas to the stadium was a regular Saturday occurrence. You literally did take your life in your own hands going top some grounds, or when some teams visited PR. I certainly don't miss those days

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:42 - Apr 2 with 3064 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:39 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Its not good when this kinda thing happens, and it seems to be "one or two"( when you think there were nearly 30k in that ground last night) .

But what I will say, is the levels of violence at games these days ( thankfully) pales into almost insignificance, compared to the 1970's. when all out war on the terraces and surrounding areas to the stadium was a regular Saturday occurrence. You literally did take your life in your own hands going top some grounds, or when some teams visited PR. I certainly don't miss those days

I used to visit relatives near Wolves back in the 80s sometimes on a match day. Loads of shops used to half day close and pull the shutters down to avoid getting a stray brick through the window from the fights. It was like a war zone compared to today.

Of course, one event is one too many. I don’t know why some people still romanticise the violence back then.

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:53 - Apr 2 with 2920 viewsArnieM

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:42 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

I used to visit relatives near Wolves back in the 80s sometimes on a match day. Loads of shops used to half day close and pull the shutters down to avoid getting a stray brick through the window from the fights. It was like a war zone compared to today.

Of course, one event is one too many. I don’t know why some people still romanticise the violence back then.

OMG Wolves fans were some of the worst ! They had a group called something like the underpass wolves or subway Wolves...cant remember it exactly now . But they'd ambush you coming out of the ground. I remember i 1978 my friend and me had literally just got back to the car when a group of mid 30's something Wolves fans clocked the reg number and could see it was from Suffolk , and gave chase to the bloody car as we steamed off at a rate of knots and cornering on two wheels to get away from them. TWTD for all the wrong reasons ....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:57 - Apr 2 with 2868 views_clive_baker_

Southampton are up there among the chavviest away fans I’ve seen at PR this season. A fair few with a lot to say for themselves outside the ground after the game, and as per generally seemed to be targeted to people who quite clearly weren’t looking for trouble. Saw a bloke with his circa 10 year old kid getting abuse. Me and my mates then walked with him for a bit to make sure it didn’t escalate, but really not a good look to be trapping off at someone with their kid.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:58 - Apr 2 with 2858 viewsFifeITFC

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGea7A59t/

Was sent this, a few of them seem extremely angry.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

"Subway Army", TWTD. (n/t) on 13:59 - Apr 2 with 2825 viewsBloots

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:53 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

OMG Wolves fans were some of the worst ! They had a group called something like the underpass wolves or subway Wolves...cant remember it exactly now . But they'd ambush you coming out of the ground. I remember i 1978 my friend and me had literally just got back to the car when a group of mid 30's something Wolves fans clocked the reg number and could see it was from Suffolk , and gave chase to the bloody car as we steamed off at a rate of knots and cornering on two wheels to get away from them. TWTD for all the wrong reasons ....

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:12 - Apr 2 with 2667 viewsnoggin

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:58 - Apr 2 by FifeITFC

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGea7A59t/

Was sent this, a few of them seem extremely angry.

Haha, they didn't make much of an effort to take it any further. Most football "hooligans" these days seem to just jump around and point at opposition fans.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:26 - Apr 2 with 2484 viewssoupytwist

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:15 - Apr 2 by ITFC_Forever

That walk back to the station has become more and more edgy in recent seasons.

We don't usually see it as we usually go up to Beatties for a pint after the game, but we still have to navigate the away fans as they are coming out of their exits to turn right off PR to the back of Churchmans.

You're right, there have been a few games where it's been slightly edgy. Probably partly due to the relative novelty of our fans being hyped up and having something to sing about as they leave the ground and the opposition having, on some occasions, been beaten in an unexpected fashion.

Last night seemed weird given how long loads of us had stayed in the ground for after the end. Should have given the away fans plenty of time to get further away, unless they were deliberately dawdling.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:34 - Apr 2 with 2404 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:53 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Yes, there was an underpass between Molineux & Wolverhampton Station, which some used as an ambush opportunity. Still there, I think.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:40 - Apr 2 with 2351 viewsChurchman

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:27 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

You’re right, but I’m not sure you’ll ever stop the agro completely. Bottom line is that some blokes don’t have the maturity to manage their testosterone. I don’t think that’ll ever change. It’s not unique to football either.

Sadly, I agree with you.

As others have pointed out, it was much more ‘difficult’ back in the day. Some really nasty stuff (box cutters, stanley knives, chisels, darts, razor blades and worse - you name it in addition to the usual stones, lighters, bricks, cans, detritus. Much of the time the police were not around or didn’t want to know. It wasn’t any more than a minority, but there were certain games and places where you really needed to be aware of where you were.

You soon acquired a sixth sense of where to be or more correctly where not to be though that sometimes didn’t work out. I have never understood the mentality of the numbskulls like the boneheads in the TikTok clip in this thread and still don’t.

Football today is light years from that grey time. Long may it continue. I love how the game embraces everyone.

But authorities and football clubs will always have to be aware and deal with it. It’s in the nature of a lot of inadequate blokes to engage in violence either first hand or under the cover of bigger braver inadequates.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:48 - Apr 2 with 2280 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:12 - Apr 2 by noggin

Haha, they didn't make much of an effort to take it any further. Most football "hooligans" these days seem to just jump around and point at opposition fans.

Always just makes me think of this lunatic on his invisible trampoline-

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 15:24 - Apr 2 with 2047 viewsjontysnut

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:42 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

I was at National League North Spennymoor to watch Farsley Celtic last season in a very nice micropub. The owner said he didn't bother opening when Darlington visited as it wasn't worth the grief. There are lots of 'youth' outfits in non league these days and they're a right pain.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 15:27 - Apr 2 with 2010 viewsnorth_stand77

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:40 - Apr 2 by Churchman

Sadly, I agree with you.

As others have pointed out, it was much more ‘difficult’ back in the day. Some really nasty stuff (box cutters, stanley knives, chisels, darts, razor blades and worse - you name it in addition to the usual stones, lighters, bricks, cans, detritus. Much of the time the police were not around or didn’t want to know. It wasn’t any more than a minority, but there were certain games and places where you really needed to be aware of where you were.

You soon acquired a sixth sense of where to be or more correctly where not to be though that sometimes didn’t work out. I have never understood the mentality of the numbskulls like the boneheads in the TikTok clip in this thread and still don’t.

Football today is light years from that grey time. Long may it continue. I love how the game embraces everyone.

But authorities and football clubs will always have to be aware and deal with it. It’s in the nature of a lot of inadequate blokes to engage in violence either first hand or under the cover of bigger braver inadequates.

Don't forget the metal long handled combs that were either sharpened and used as a stabbing instrument, or a razor blade was fixed to the 'comb' end.

These were often taken in to grounds by girls as they were less likely to be searched. Horrible.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 15:55 - Apr 2 with 1792 viewsJrm_72

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 13:27 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

I think cutting off their goolies is the only solution...
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 15:57 - Apr 2 with 1776 viewssolemio

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 15:55 - Apr 2 by Jrm_72

Without the benefit of anaesthetic?
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 16:00 - Apr 2 with 1732 viewsdirtyboy

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 14:12 - Apr 2 by noggin

I actually walked to the ground behind those two, the tall one was a little bit vocal in the quiet roads and the short one was walking with 'lat spread' but telling his mate to stop calling out, there were probably 5 or six others with them, all just minding their own.

They then got outside the curve bar and became very quiet, walking past without any words said...

The short one then proceded to walk in front of moving traffic and when a car stopped he smacked the car all big man style before walking on his way.

Just grade your average plank, i'm sure we've got ones who behave the same, but hitting cars and insulting randoms in the street is and always will be out of order and shirts should always get left alone.
Anyone see any of this after the game? on 16:02 - Apr 2 with 1702 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Anyone see any of this after the game? on 15:55 - Apr 2 by Jrm_72

.... for the benefit of those who have no idea...........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024