Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EEJB 12:56 - Mar 30 with 3372 viewsBseaBlue

The EEJB sang at the start of the game yesterday was spine tingling stuff. Came accross seriously loud on the telly and sounded like everyone was belting it out. Super stuff Town fans!
EEJB on 12:58 - Mar 30 with 3073 viewstextbackup

I’ve got a bit of a little thing in my mind, if I hear that sung at a game then we win… it’s not let me down as yet

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

EEJB on 13:23 - Mar 30 with 2974 viewsEEJB

Agreed.
EEJB on 13:28 - Mar 30 with 2937 viewsSteve_M

Yes, that was really loud on TV.

A couple of iterations of 'He's Egyptian' came over loud and clear too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

EEJB on 13:31 - Mar 30 with 2915 viewsNthQldITFC

Massive, massive uppie for this and for all of the singers at Ewood.

It's unique and it's brilliant, well done and please do it every game. Superb.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

EEJB on 13:33 - Mar 30 with 2906 viewsbenrhyddingblue

I said to my sons straight after we had sang the song that it was the loudest version I can remember at a game we’ve attended home or away
EEJB on 13:41 - Mar 30 with 2870 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sounded loud and impressive. Used to get a group of 20 odd at most singing that in the ground. Was more a concourse or pre match pub song.

Great to hear it like that on the box.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

EEJB on 13:45 - Mar 30 with 2840 views_clive_baker_

EEJB on 13:31 - Mar 30 by NthQldITFC

Massive, massive uppie for this and for all of the singers at Ewood.

It's unique and it's brilliant, well done and please do it every game. Superb.

I’ve tried and failed to get it going countless times over the past 10 years, but delighted to see it finding its way back in and was great yesterday. As you say it’s unique and ours, which isn’t true of most terrace chants. My only criticism is we tend to sing it a bit quick. Appreciate it is quick but think it might sound better a bit slower.
EEJB on 14:00 - Mar 30 with 2774 viewsKropotkin123

Came through very loud on the TownTV radio

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

EEJB on 14:01 - Mar 30 with 2770 viewsLankHenners

EEJB on 13:45 - Mar 30 by _clive_baker_

I’ve tried and failed to get it going countless times over the past 10 years, but delighted to see it finding its way back in and was great yesterday. As you say it’s unique and ours, which isn’t true of most terrace chants. My only criticism is we tend to sing it a bit quick. Appreciate it is quick but think it might sound better a bit slower.

Telling Town fans to stop singing too quickly is like telling night to stop following day.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

EEJB on 14:04 - Mar 30 with 2745 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Also heard it really loud on the TV. Also is it just me or are we still singing "Ladapo in attack"?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

EEJB on 14:31 - Mar 30 with 2638 viewstrncbluearmy

When the scum sing their dirge of a song this needs to be belted out just as loud
As others have said sounded brillant on the box

COYB
EEJB on 14:40 - Mar 30 with 2582 viewsITFC_Forever

Just need more than three people to learn the second verse.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

EEJB on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 2500 viewsdurhamj

EEJB on 14:04 - Mar 30 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Also heard it really loud on the TV. Also is it just me or are we still singing "Ladapo in attack"?

Some around me were singing Ladapo, most seemed to go with Chappers
EEJB on 15:38 - Mar 30 with 2329 viewsStenvict

EEJB on 14:04 - Mar 30 by Charlie_pl_baxter

It sounds like "LaChaplin in attack"

Poll: What will be announced first?

EEJB on 16:01 - Mar 30 with 2237 viewswaveneyblue

EEJB on 13:33 - Mar 30 by benrhyddingblue

I said to my sons straight after we had sang the song that it was the loudest version I can remember at a game we’ve attended home or away

Down vote complete mistake. Apologies
EEJB on 16:10 - Mar 30 with 2207 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

EEJB on 18:00 - Mar 30 with 1971 viewsMillsey

Awesome to quote American phrases 💪💙💙💙💙
EEJB on 18:35 - Mar 30 with 1851 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It is the best song we have.

And it should absolutely be played before kick off instead of Hey Jude, which is dross.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

EEJB on 19:11 - Mar 30 with 1744 viewsPerublue

Bit more about it

Edward Ebeneezer Writer and Singer Dies 8th Jan 2015 13:49
Gerald Hicks, the man who wrote and sang the famous Town song Come On The Town under the name Edward Ebeneezer and Supporters, died on Christmas Day aged 81. 33

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

EEJB on 19:16 - Mar 30 with 1732 viewsPerublue

I will add I've been following the town since the early 80s and yesterday is the best/loudest I’ve ever heard it….on tv or live
[Post edited 30 Mar 19:17]

EEJB on 20:09 - Mar 30 with 1556 viewsNthQldITFC

I think someone should clip it out of the match coverage and post it on the Tube of You. TownTV will permit it, if asked, I'm sure.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

EEJB on 20:19 - Mar 30 with 1514 viewsfarkenhell

EEJB on 18:35 - Mar 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

It is the best song we have.

And it should absolutely be played before kick off instead of Hey Jude, which is dross.

Replay the singing of Hey Jude just before kick-off-v- Exeter at home last season (including Clarke looking at the North Stand in awe) then tell me that was dross.
EEJB on 21:50 - Mar 30 with 1321 viewsPerublue

I like the original sound its got a very kinksy,Steve harley feel to it

EEJB on 22:44 - Mar 30 with 1201 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

EEJB on 20:19 - Mar 30 by farkenhell

Replay the singing of Hey Jude just before kick-off-v- Exeter at home last season (including Clarke looking at the North Stand in awe) then tell me that was dross.

Its dross.

I get it, everyone knows the words and can sing it. But it's nothing to do with Ipswich. Almost every club in England has a chant to Hey Jude. Birmingham fans sang it louder than us.

EEJB is our song. It unique. I have always said it should be the pre game song. The rendition at Blackburn was immense. Sounded so good.
[Post edited 30 Mar 22:47]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

EEJB on 23:01 - Mar 30 with 1134 viewstextbackup

EEJB on 22:44 - Mar 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

Its dross.

I get it, everyone knows the words and can sing it. But it's nothing to do with Ipswich. Almost every club in England has a chant to Hey Jude. Birmingham fans sang it louder than us.

EEJB is our song. It unique. I have always said it should be the pre game song. The rendition at Blackburn was immense. Sounded so good.
[Post edited 30 Mar 22:47]

It should be played up to the point of kick off, then cut, to allow the fans to continue into the first moments of the game. That should become our thing.
But of course, we’ll keep Murphys slot to shout blue army in the completely wrong tune, even though he’s been a regular at PR for years.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024