Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. 07:18 - Mar 26 with 2555 viewsITFC_Forever

We really are lucky to have him.

And to think there were some people calling for him to go after Brizzle Rovers last season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:19 - Mar 26 with 2332 viewsN2_Blue

Were there?

I recall disgruntlement, moaning and frustration from the usual keyboard warriors, all totally uncalled for after a few draws but I don't recall anyone asking for him to go.

The backlash from some aimed at Morsy at that game was pretty pathetic though

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:42 - Mar 26 with 2266 viewsBlueBadger

'Some budgie sad sacks and Frimmers' isn't the same as 'people' mate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:48 - Mar 26 with 2244 viewsCoastalblue

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:19 - Mar 26 by N2_Blue

Were there?

I recall disgruntlement, moaning and frustration from the usual keyboard warriors, all totally uncalled for after a few draws but I don't recall anyone asking for him to go.

There most definitely was, only a moniority it has to be said and some of it undoubtedly heat of the moment type stuff but there were definitely a few making silly calls during that bad run.

I'm surprised you disbelieve it in all honesty, seeing some of what gets served up on here at times.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:57 - Mar 26 with 2194 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I was one of the 'bed-wetters' but I didn't call for him to go. We had been slowly sliding in the table and that was compounded by that Bristol Rovers game. Very dull and uninspiring game.

I said after that game it'd be a very hard battle to stay in the top 6. Everything else what happened afterwards was just mind-blowing
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:58 - Mar 26 with 2188 viewsSwailsey

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:19 - Mar 26 by N2_Blue

Were there?

Yeah there definitely were people on here saying that. It was wild.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 2098 viewsBlueDouglas

Here's the article in case anyone's interested: https://theathletic.com/5328440/2024/03/26/kieran-mckenna-manager-profile/
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:22 - Mar 26 with 2062 viewsChurchman

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:58 - Mar 26 by Swailsey

Yeah there definitely were people on here saying that. It was wild.

There was. And it was more than one person too. There were comments like:

We don’t want somebody here learning their trade. We need somebody who knows what they are doing now.
Get Warnock.
McKenna needs plan B.
McKenna needs somebody experienced alongside him. It’s not working,

Others could see the direction the club was going in and saw the bigger picture. The get rid brigade were small in number but pretty vocal, as are the toy chuckers after a loss.
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:27 - Mar 26 with 1993 viewstrncbluearmy

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:22 - Mar 26 by Churchman

There was. And it was more than one person too. There were comments like:

We don’t want somebody here learning their trade. We need somebody who knows what they are doing now.
Get Warnock.
McKenna needs plan B.
McKenna needs somebody experienced alongside him. It’s not working,

Others could see the direction the club was going in and saw the bigger picture. The get rid brigade were small in number but pretty vocal, as are the toy chuckers after a loss.

It's the Internet, everyone gets to express an opinion, no matter how stupid

In the real world absolutely no-one I came across expressed such rubbish
[Post edited 26 Mar 9:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:37 - Mar 26 with 1921 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:27 - Mar 26 by trncbluearmy

It's the Internet, everyone gets to express an opinion, no matter how stupid

In the real world absolutely no-one I came across expressed such rubbish
[Post edited 26 Mar 9:28]

Whether it was on here or "in the real world" it still counts as an opinion and you can't deny it happened.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:43 - Mar 26 with 1887 viewsNthQldITFC

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:48 - Mar 26 by Coastalblue

There most definitely was, only a moniority it has to be said and some of it undoubtedly heat of the moment type stuff but there were definitely a few making silly calls during that bad run.

I'm surprised you disbelieve it in all honesty, seeing some of what gets served up on here at times.

It's always been a fact of life that a fraction of any group of fans (particularly those who've never played competitive sport against competitive opposition) will wet their knickers and shout and scream when a single event turns out not the way they want it to, particularly when things are going well generally.

Whether that fraction is bigger now than it used to be before social media, or whether it just has more 'oxygen' and is louder is hard to tell, but in either case it's inevitable and embedded in every club's support and best ignored.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:44 - Mar 26 with 1871 viewsITFC_Forever

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 08:42 - Mar 26 by BlueBadger

There was several on Twitter, and several after the game away to Cambridge when we were walking out of the ground.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:48 - Mar 26 with 1835 viewsN2_Blue

Well if that counts then probably somewhere in the world at any time after one of our defeats is suggesting the manager should go.

I just don't really recall an actual identifiable person saying that. I'm sure there are internet trolls who said it for the bantz /attention etc but i don't really consider them as 'some people'.

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:51 - Mar 26 with 1819 viewsNthQldITFC

That xG and xGA plot against match number is a thing of beauty. It's a 10 game rolling average, so doesn't (as I momentarily thought) mean that we've had a higher xG in every league game since the middle of Cook's tenure! But the xG for the Charlton game (match 41, 22/23) must have been enormous to produce such a spike in a 10 game rolling average figure!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:52 - Mar 26 with 1806 viewsHighgateBlue

You're right, there were some, but it was a tiny minority at one point in time, they were obviously wrong then, and they really don't deserve this airtime. Neither does referring to it really paint a very fair picture. It's not like there is a fair narrative of: "plucky young coach comes in, does well, has some difficulties, the fans turned on him, he nearly got the sack, then he turned it round, got promoted and blitzed the Championship too". It really was just a couple of people who overreacted and presumably realised they were wrong after the next few games.
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 1787 viewsvilanovablue

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 09:43 - Mar 26 by NthQldITFC

It's always been a fact of life that a fraction of any group of fans (particularly those who've never played competitive sport against competitive opposition) will wet their knickers and shout and scream when a single event turns out not the way they want it to, particularly when things are going well generally.

Whether that fraction is bigger now than it used to be before social media, or whether it just has more 'oxygen' and is louder is hard to tell, but in either case it's inevitable and embedded in every club's support and best ignored.

I just think that the stupid have opportunities for their thoughts to be amplified more rapidly than ever before. It often leads to them banding together to make even more noise when the reality is that it is still a tiny minority. The issue whilst it is a tiny minority people have a tendency to miss that and think it is more relevant than it is.
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 10:07 - Mar 26 with 1701 viewsFrimleyBlue

You keep naming me. However apart from the initial smarmy stupidty. I never once said KM out or even close.

So feel free to name someone who actually did.
[Post edited 26 Mar 10:08]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 10:18 - Mar 26 with 1625 viewsReusersTown

Yeah, seems some people really are that gullible! Or he's one of them.
[Post edited 26 Mar 10:19]
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 10:31 - Mar 26 with 1533 viewspointofblue

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 10:07 - Mar 26 by FrimleyBlue

You keep naming me. However apart from the initial smarmy stupidty. I never once said KM out or even close.

So feel free to name someone who actually did.
[Post edited 26 Mar 10:08]

Feel free to name me. Well, I'm not sure if I ever said he should be sacked but the 'needing more experience alongside him' comment sounds familiar.

For all the understandable gloating now, it's easy to overlook the position we were in after the Bristol Rovers game. We had won one game in eight with the strongest squad in the league and were actually closer to Wycombe in seventh than Wednesday in second, with both having a game in hand on us. The only way we could go up automatically was with a miraculous run and that's just what we did.

It's easy to deride and sneer at those who were concerned at the time, looking through the prism of where we are now. But did anyone see this happening after Bristol Rovers - the match being part of a run which felt Cook-like in terms of performances and results.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 11:12 - Mar 26 with 1403 viewsN2_Blue

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 10:31 - Mar 26 by pointofblue

Feel free to name me. Well, I'm not sure if I ever said he should be sacked but the 'needing more experience alongside him' comment sounds familiar.

For all the understandable gloating now, it's easy to overlook the position we were in after the Bristol Rovers game. We had won one game in eight with the strongest squad in the league and were actually closer to Wycombe in seventh than Wednesday in second, with both having a game in hand on us. The only way we could go up automatically was with a miraculous run and that's just what we did.

It's easy to deride and sneer at those who were concerned at the time, looking through the prism of where we are now. But did anyone see this happening after Bristol Rovers - the match being part of a run which felt Cook-like in terms of performances and results.

The performances in that little run were night and day to Cook and Lambert though

I think anyone that understands football and looks at more than the scoreline could see what was happening under Mckenna and that we'd been quite unlucky in a few games. I remember saying to mates were going to really start giving some teams a proper beating. Admittedly i didn't think we'd go on and do what we did but it was clear we were going to start beating team with a bit of patience. What was happening on the pitch despite not getting wins was miles better than any of the previous 3 managers had delivered. The players knew it too, that's why some of them were so disgruntled with some fans in attendance at Bristol Rovers that night.

I harp on about it because that was a real low point for me in terms of our fans. Not quite as bad as at Charlton just after Cook had gone but it was more understandable then because that was abject and we were a mess.

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 12:18 - Mar 26 with 1153 viewsJakeITFC

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 10:31 - Mar 26 by pointofblue

Yes, I was quite staunch in my opinion that we were the best team in the league and was actually quite upset the morning after Bristol R that people couldn't see the wood for the trees on here.

A lot of people seemingly don't know a good thing when they see one.
Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 12:31 - Mar 26 with 1082 viewspointofblue

Article on McKenna on The Athletic website. on 12:18 - Mar 26 by JakeITFC

Yes, I was quite staunch in my opinion that we were the best team in the league and was actually quite upset the morning after Bristol R that people couldn't see the wood for the trees on here.

A lot of people seemingly don't know a good thing when they see one.

Think it was more a case of being the best team in the league but not showing it across a fair run of matches. Yes, we have definitely more than made up for it since.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024