Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 09:22 - Feb 25 with 5925 viewsDJR

He was a bit underwhelming in the first 30 minutes or so (as were the rest of his team) but I thought he had an increasing influence on the game from then on until he was substituted. Indeed, I am not quite sure why he was substituted because from around that time Ipswich started to gain back control.

What do others think?
Andre Dozzell on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 1470 viewssotd78

Towards back end of the first half and the first part of the second he was increasingly influential. So much so that it was pretty obvious the Ipswich team talk at half time identified putting more pressure on their midfield two. Luongo got booked as a result. I think after he went off we got back control. The link play Dozzell offered was I thought excellent.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Andre Dozzell on 19:21 - Feb 25 with 1379 viewsAVJones

Andre Dozzell on 16:53 - Feb 25 by sotd78

Towards back end of the first half and the first part of the second he was increasingly influential. So much so that it was pretty obvious the Ipswich team talk at half time identified putting more pressure on their midfield two. Luongo got booked as a result. I think after he went off we got back control. The link play Dozzell offered was I thought excellent.

Yep, he was good from 30-60 mins. Was surprised (and glad) he was taken off.

He wasn’t influential the first 30, but no one from Birmingham was. We were playing very well.

Lots of lazy, biased and ‘old’ opinion on here.
Andre Dozzell on 20:50 - Feb 25 with 1332 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Andre Dozzell on 14:50 - Feb 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

His Attitude ?

What on earth are you basing that on? Such a lazy thing that people just throw about. He has been playing consistent championship football now for 2 seasons, if he had an attitude issue do you think he would be chosen every week. Birmingham fans have been absolutely loving him last few weeks.

Not like Mach to make their mind up over players' attitude based on their own assumptions!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Andre Dozzell on 21:02 - Feb 25 with 1316 viewsibbleobble

Andre Dozzell on 19:21 - Feb 25 by AVJones

He wasn’t influential the first 30, but no one from Birmingham was. We were playing very well.

Dozzell has played 2398 minutes in 31 games this season delivering…0.04 assists! That’s how influential he is. He didn’t achieve higher than a 6 in any rating, was subbed after 60-minutes and allowed Chaplin to have a very comfortable afternoon. If it’s Dozzell’s link up play you like, hold him up against Morsy, that’s link up play.

Anything bright from Brum came from Paik, Miyoshi, James or Stansfield.

He was good from 30 - 60 minutes…I take it you’re counting the 15 minutes of half time in that? 😂
[Post edited 26 Feb 5:07]
Andre Dozzell on 21:13 - Feb 25 with 1290 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Andre Dozzell on 20:50 - Feb 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not like Mach to make their mind up over players' attitude based on their own assumptions!

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/305479/page:1

Grab a popcorn.
Andre Dozzell on 21:34 - Feb 25 with 1262 viewsGeoffSentence

Andre Dozzell on 21:02 - Feb 25 by ibbleobble

Dozzell has played 2398 minutes in 31 games this season delivering…0.04 assists! That’s how influential he is. He didn’t achieve higher than a 6 in any rating, was subbed after 60-minutes and allowed Chaplin to have a very comfortable afternoon. If it’s Dozzell’s link up play you like, hold him up against Morsy, that’s link up play.

He was good from 30 - 60 minutes…I take it you’re counting the 15 minutes of half time in that? 😂

how does anyone deliver a fraction of an assist?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Andre Dozzell on 01:33 - Feb 26 with 1185 viewspennblue

Andre Dozzell on 14:30 - Feb 25 by Vic

I think the thing is with him is not that he’s got a bad attitude, (so I wouldn’t use the phrase ’knuckling down’) about him. But rather it seems to me that he doesn’t have the drive and push needed to take him up a notch. It feels like it’s a case of ‘if it happens it happens’ rather than ‘I’m going to make it happen’.

There is no doubt he can do the passing side of the game that is so important these days, it seems to be the pressing element, but you have thought that could be coached.

You might find dropping down 2 divisions is the best thing for him short term and force him into a make or break situation
[Post edited 26 Feb 1:35]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Andre Dozzell on 06:01 - Feb 26 with 1119 viewsibbleobble

Andre Dozzell on 21:34 - Feb 25 by GeoffSentence

how does anyone deliver a fraction of an assist?

1 assist in the football he’s played this season which averages out to 0.04 pg.

https://footystats.org/players/england/andre-dozzell

Look at the percentile differences between Dozzell and Morsy. Day and night.

https://footystats.org/players/egypt/sam-morsy
[Post edited 26 Feb 6:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 06:25 - Feb 26 with 1090 viewsAVJones

Andre Dozzell on 21:02 - Feb 25 by ibbleobble

Morsy is a way better player, and in a way better team than either QPR or Birmingham!

And I’m delighted both of those things are true 😀
Andre Dozzell on 08:42 - Feb 26 with 986 viewsChurchman

Andre Dozzell on 21:13 - Feb 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/305479/page:1

Grab a popcorn.

Don’t think he’s going to make QPRs fans player of the year award. Oh well.

He’s 24 and Mowbray’s the man to get the best from him. I just don’t see enough in his game to suggest he can be anything beyond L1/lower Championship level. Nothing I saw on Saturday (not that I noticed him tbh) suggests otherwise to me.

But then I saw Kieffer Moore 7 years ago here age 24 and thought Vauxhall Conference level at best. Hopeless. That aged well.
Andre Dozzell on 08:51 - Feb 26 with 962 viewsDJR

Andre Dozzell on 06:01 - Feb 26 by ibbleobble

1 assist in the football he’s played this season which averages out to 0.04 pg.

https://footystats.org/players/england/andre-dozzell

Look at the percentile differences between Dozzell and Morsy. Day and night.

https://footystats.org/players/egypt/sam-morsy
[Post edited 26 Feb 6:05]

There's lies, damned lies and statistics.

According to the BBC, Dozzell had 3 goals and 1 assist for QPR, whereas our Massimo only has 2 goals and 0 assists.

That must mean Luongo is a truly awful player.

As it is, in terms of chances created, and passing accuracy, Dozzell is not far behind Morsy, and that is in a much poorer team.
[Post edited 26 Feb 9:12]
Andre Dozzell on 11:56 - Feb 26 with 853 viewsfranz_tyson

Andre Dozzell on 08:51 - Feb 26 by DJR

There's lies, damned lies and statistics.

According to the BBC, Dozzell had 3 goals and 1 assist for QPR, whereas our Massimo only has 2 goals and 0 assists.

That must mean Luongo is a truly awful player.

As it is, in terms of chances created, and passing accuracy, Dozzell is not far behind Morsy, and that is in a much poorer team.
[Post edited 26 Feb 9:12]

We don't need statistics. We can see it with our own eyes..... he hardly contributed anything meaningful to us when he was here. A few cameos.... some fancy no-look passes..... but nothing meaningful. We did well to off-load him for the money. That's his biggest contribution.
There's a reason why he's playing for a much poorer team. He's not been stitched up or being unfairly treated.... he's playing for a much poorer team because that's his level. And it's likely he'll drop down a level or two because I can't see how he can keep at Championship level for an extended period of time. He'll get found out that he hasn't got an engine, can't tackle, can't control games, can't score.... its just he looks classy when he's not under pressure and his CV says he played age-group level international football.
Andre Dozzell on 12:46 - Feb 26 with 827 viewsBlueBlood90

I thought the same as I've always thought every time I've seen him. He was completely anonymous and had absolutely no influence on the game. I just don't see what he does and It's one of the best £1m we will ever make.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Andre Dozzell on 12:53 - Feb 26 with 822 viewsitfcjoe

Agree with this, he was quiet first 20 mns, but in the decent spell Birmingham had either side of the break he was key to that and they looked much worse when he went off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell on 13:01 - Feb 26 with 796 viewsHerbivore

Andre Dozzell on 11:56 - Feb 26 by franz_tyson

We don't need statistics. We can see it with our own eyes..... he hardly contributed anything meaningful to us when he was here. A few cameos.... some fancy no-look passes..... but nothing meaningful. We did well to off-load him for the money. That's his biggest contribution.
There's a reason why he's playing for a much poorer team. He's not been stitched up or being unfairly treated.... he's playing for a much poorer team because that's his level. And it's likely he'll drop down a level or two because I can't see how he can keep at Championship level for an extended period of time. He'll get found out that he hasn't got an engine, can't tackle, can't control games, can't score.... its just he looks classy when he's not under pressure and his CV says he played age-group level international football.

He's already been playing in the Championship for nearly 3 years, which is pretty much three times as long as we have. If he was as poor as you suggest I doubt Birmingham would have brought him in during January. Their fans seem to generally be quite keen on him so far.

It's a weird one with Dozzell, some fans seem so outraged that he didn't fulfil his potential with us that they need to make out like he's a pub player. It's a shame things didn't work out for him here and he never hit the heights we hoped but he looks set to have a career in the Championship and that's still a decent level for any professional footballer to be plying their trade at. Good luck to him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 13:25 - Feb 26 with 760 viewsMaySixth

average

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Andre Dozzell on 14:41 - Feb 26 with 716 viewshype313

Andre Dozzell on 19:21 - Feb 25 by AVJones

Pretty much my thoughts, forgot he was playing for half an hour, but he seemed to get more opportunities on the ball and looked more effective.

Thing is, if he wasn't the son of a legend and hadn't come through our academy, no one would even really register him.

FWIW Don't think his attitude has ever come into question, people cast aspersions due to his playing style, put 2+2 together to make 98.

He's not a bad player, but in this current climate with such combatiative midfielders, he seems like a luxury rather than a midfield enforcer that most clubs require.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Andre Dozzell on 14:59 - Feb 26 with 689 viewsJ2BLUE

I was pleased he got a good reception as he went off. Nice touch from the fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024