Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 09:22 - Feb 25 with 5736 viewsDJR

He was a bit underwhelming in the first 30 minutes or so (as were the rest of his team) but I thought he had an increasing influence on the game from then on until he was substituted. Indeed, I am not quite sure why he was substituted because from around that time Ipswich started to gain back control.

What do others think?
Andre Dozzell on 09:26 - Feb 25 with 4275 viewsChurchman

I didn’t really notice him tbh. Certainly first 40 minutes they were seeing little of the ball so I guess one wouldn’t. By all accounts he’s doing better at Birmingham than he did at QPR where he was ‘Andre the Friendly Ghost’. If anyone can develop him it’s Mowbray and Venus.
I thought he was fairly anonymous…. on 09:27 - Feb 25 with 4256 viewsBloots

….and if I hadn’t been “looking out for him” I wouldn’t have noticed he was playing.

I’ve been one of his harshest critics over the years, but I genuinely don’t see what he adds to any football team. Modern day midfielders need to have many strings to their bow, far more than simply being able to play neat and tidy 10 yards passes.

I really don’t “get him”.
[Post edited 25 Feb 9:30]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Andre Dozzell on 09:55 - Feb 25 with 4060 viewsITFC_Forever

Didn’t notice him and had to check he was playing.

He was much better for QPR in December.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Andre Dozzell on 09:59 - Feb 25 with 4014 viewsHerbivore

Didn't realise he was playing until he got substituted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre Dozzell on 10:10 - Feb 25 with 3959 viewsDJR

Andre Dozzell on 09:59 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Didn't realise he was playing until he got substituted.

I suppose I was looking out for him but what I did see suggested that he could be influential in a game where Birmingham had more of the game.
Andre Dozzell on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 3913 viewsibbleobble

I saw him put in one good tackle and play one decent pass. To say he was anonymous is disrespectful to people who actually want to be anonymous. He was MOTM last week by all accounts though so we’re back here again, debating a stuttering career of Andre “Dolly Mixture” Dozzell.

Not for me. If Mogga and Venus can’t get consistency out of him in this spell, then there’s only one way he’s going.
Andre Dozzell on 12:17 - Feb 25 with 3619 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mogga and Veno to get the tune out of him? Despite a young age he has already had an abundance of managers and somehow no-one can. The problem is his attitude.

I was very pleased to see him in their opening line-up yesterday as it meant a greater chance for us to win a game.

64 minute. Taken off. Surprise surprise.

There is not a single QPR fan that misses him. Their reaction when he joined Birmingham was very telling.
[Post edited 25 Feb 12:21]
Andre Dozzell on 12:22 - Feb 25 with 3564 viewsWarkystache

Andre Dozzell on 12:17 - Feb 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Mogga and Veno to get the tune out of him? Despite a young age he has already had an abundance of managers and somehow no-one can. The problem is his attitude.

I was very pleased to see him in their opening line-up yesterday as it meant a greater chance for us to win a game.

There is not a single QPR fan that misses him. Their reaction when he joined Birmingham was very telling.

I was shocked that he was even playing when he was subbed.

All in all, he's a lot less important or as good as Hutch and Sarmy for us, and I wouldn't swap ten of him for either, despite KM's assurance of making an average player into a good one.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 12:34 - Feb 25 with 3505 viewsNedPlimpton

What makes you think there's an issue with his attitude rather than ability?
Andre Dozzell on 12:54 - Feb 25 with 3424 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Andre Dozzell on 12:34 - Feb 25 by NedPlimpton

What makes you think there's an issue with his attitude rather than ability?

He barely has any impact on a football game. He doesn't like knuckling down. A 'Friendly Ghost' that is his nickname among QPR fans.
Did nothing for us, nothing for QPR.

Birmingham probably his last chance to shine.
Andre Dozzell on 12:57 - Feb 25 with 3411 viewspointofblue

Interestingly, Birmingham fans are saying he had a good game yesterday, and helped turn the tide on the second half. It was him going off which helped us regain our footing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Andre Dozzell on 13:16 - Feb 25 with 3337 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I listened to commentary. It was about the 25min mark when Brenner first mentioned Dozzell and that was just to say that he hadn't mentioned him yet. Though later in the commentary Brenner said that Dozzell was having an increasing influence in the match.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Andre Dozzell on 13:19 - Feb 25 with 3321 viewsOldFart71

Sadly not on a par with his dad. That's why we got rid of. As for us as a team still think should we get to the Prem that central defence needs an upgrade. Sadly I don't think Woolfenden is good enough. He's been found wanting recently and almost certainly not good enough for the Premier League. Then our forward line consists of three loan players. All making a massive difference with Sarmiento, Moore and Hutchinson. Without them there's no doubt we wouldn't be where we are in the table.
Andre Dozzell on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 3298 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Andre Dozzell on 13:16 - Feb 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

I listened to commentary. It was about the 25min mark when Brenner first mentioned Dozzell and that was just to say that he hadn't mentioned him yet. Though later in the commentary Brenner said that Dozzell was having an increasing influence in the match.

Have to say I completely forgot he was playing and didn’t notice him at all first half.

He’s been playing well for them to be fair and imagine they’ll be his next permanent club.
Andre Dozzell on 13:25 - Feb 25 with 3272 viewsbadadski

I don’t think his attitude is the problem but just ability - even from the under 21’s, I did not see one good game or one game he influenced or stood
Put apart from his goal against Sheffield Wednesday - he was out played by el mizhouni every game I watched.
I am not sure how he has lasted so long at the clubs he has and no doubt on good money as never saw a player that was worth any where close what was paid for him -
Andre Dozzell on 13:48 - Feb 25 with 3195 viewsfarkenhell

Andre Dozzell on 13:19 - Feb 25 by OldFart71

Sadly not on a par with his dad. That's why we got rid of. As for us as a team still think should we get to the Prem that central defence needs an upgrade. Sadly I don't think Woolfenden is good enough. He's been found wanting recently and almost certainly not good enough for the Premier League. Then our forward line consists of three loan players. All making a massive difference with Sarmiento, Moore and Hutchinson. Without them there's no doubt we wouldn't be where we are in the table.

We started the game with a forward line of Chaplin, Broadhead, Burns and Moore, only one of whom is a loanee replacing another of our permanently signed players. Also, it is conceivable that we will re-sign Moore, Hutch and Sarmiento next season (or some of them) whether or not we are promoted.

As for Woolfie, he continues to improve and I think he would be more than capable in the PL.

Keep the faith!
Andre Dozzell on 14:00 - Feb 25 with 3127 viewschicoazul

Andre Dozzell on 13:19 - Feb 25 by OldFart71

Weird how so many TWTDers pronounce our players to be not good enough, found out etc and yet here we are fighting at the top of the most competitive league in Europe playing some of the best football many of us have ever seen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Andre Dozzell on 14:03 - Feb 25 with 3109 viewsVegtablue

He got stuck into a duel with someone in the second half but can't remember who, left them on the floor. May even have been our Sam!

Otherwise he ran around unnoticed by me lol, which may speak more to my watching performance than his playing.
Andre Dozzell on 14:08 - Feb 25 with 3080 viewsTrequartista

Andre Dozzell on 14:03 - Feb 25 by Vegtablue

He got stuck into a duel with someone in the second half but can't remember who, left them on the floor. May even have been our Sam!

Otherwise he ran around unnoticed by me lol, which may speak more to my watching performance than his playing.

Muscled Chaplin off the ball. I was quite shocked.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Andre Dozzell on 14:20 - Feb 25 with 3023 viewsMK1

A sign of how far we have come in such a short space of time.
Andre Dozzell on 14:30 - Feb 25 with 2983 viewsVic

Andre Dozzell on 12:54 - Feb 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

He barely has any impact on a football game. He doesn't like knuckling down. A 'Friendly Ghost' that is his nickname among QPR fans.
Did nothing for us, nothing for QPR.

Birmingham probably his last chance to shine.

I think the thing is with him is not that he’s got a bad attitude, (so I wouldn’t use the phrase ’knuckling down’) about him. But rather it seems to me that he doesn’t have the drive and push needed to take him up a notch. It feels like it’s a case of ‘if it happens it happens’ rather than ‘I’m going to make it happen’.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andre Dozzell on 14:50 - Feb 25 with 2905 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

His Attitude ?

What on earth are you basing that on? Such a lazy thing that people just throw about. He has been playing consistent championship football now for 2 seasons, if he had an attitude issue do you think he would be chosen every week. Birmingham fans have been absolutely loving him last few weeks.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Andre Dozzell on 15:21 - Feb 25 with 2799 viewsibbleobble

Andre Dozzell on 13:16 - Feb 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

His increasing influence was putting a tackle in. A bit late to start that at 50 minutes. He played a couple of really good balls second half. Shame it took him until 5 minutes before he was subbed to wake up. Even more of a shame that on a return to his former club he looked as apathetic and docile as he ever as.
Andre Dozzell on 16:15 - Feb 25 with 2631 viewseddiespearitt03

I remember the youth player set up at Ipswich FC 10/11 years ago . Alot of good young players never got the nod despite their ability
Andre Dozzell on 16:51 - Feb 25 with 2503 viewsfranz_tyson

Andre Dozzell on 14:30 - Feb 25 by Vic

I think the thing is with him is not that he’s got a bad attitude, (so I wouldn’t use the phrase ’knuckling down’) about him. But rather it seems to me that he doesn’t have the drive and push needed to take him up a notch. It feels like it’s a case of ‘if it happens it happens’ rather than ‘I’m going to make it happen’.

So it's not that he's got a bad attitude - but he hasn't got a good attitude.... or he can't make the effort to get a better one. Wouldn’t say Mach is 100% wrong..... but don't think Andre is a bad character. Just lacking something.

TBH.....Our team is full of great characters who are desperate to win and give everything. I truly can't see where a Dozzell would fit in... not just in his style of football, but character, too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024