Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whole milk, another Tory success. 18:42 - Feb 21 with 2702 viewsEireannach_gorm

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 18:47 - Feb 21 with 2652 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair, the EU did ban us buying a pint of milk. It has been so great to no longer have to buy 568 ml instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 18:49 - Feb 21 with 2633 viewsBrianTablet

Sucked from nanny's teat, no doubt.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 18:57 - Feb 21 with 2590 viewsJ2BLUE

Car crash tv you can't look away from.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:06 - Feb 21 with 2537 viewsOldsmoker

That's a reference to one of those initiation rituals isn't it?
Trying not to think what full,fat milk is an innuendo for.

Same as Camorons pigs head story.

The Tories really are a sick bunch.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:09 - Feb 21 with 2536 viewsEwan_Oozami

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:06 - Feb 21 by Oldsmoker

At Eton, it was known as Jacob's Cream Cracker...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:16 - Feb 21 with 2509 viewsOldsmoker

There's another thread where the discussion is about the teams propensity for 'coming from behind'.
This board has descended into filth this evening and I'm logging off.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:17 - Feb 21 with 2502 viewsEwan_Oozami

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:16 - Feb 21 by Oldsmoker

There's another thread where the discussion is about the teams propensity for 'coming from behind'.

I think "ascended" is better term ;-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:22 - Feb 21 with 2489 viewsNthQldITFC

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:16 - Feb 21 by Oldsmoker

Well make sure you close your curtains in case a passer-by sees your log.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:33 - Feb 21 with 2450 viewsNthQldITFC

Ten quid says GBeebies gave that farmer lass that outfit to wear and specified how many buttons should be engaged.

Surprised the Haunted Pencil has the strength to lift that many pints in succession. Reckon he'll need a lie down on the front bench after that.

The wokerati try to trick us because "...it's sold as full fat, but in fact it's only 3.4%!"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 21:53 - Feb 21 with 2254 viewsNBVJohn

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:06 - Feb 21 by Oldsmoker

It’s the constant reference to a semi that worries me.
Whole milk, another Tory success. on 10:02 - Feb 22 with 2020 viewsGeoffSentence

I know he is the tw@ttiest of tories, but for once there's nothing to complain about in that clip.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 11:04 - Feb 22 with 1936 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 10:02 - Feb 22 by GeoffSentence

I know he is the tw@ttiest of tories, but for once there's nothing to complain about in that clip.

Apart from the fake masculinity and sneering condescending attitude to anything ‘woke’. I can’t work out whether he’s serious or just on a wind up and knows it’s bollox. He seems to be joking and taking his viewers for idiots, but maybe that’s just his natural smug attitude and he could just be a crap presenter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 11:11 - Feb 22 with 1906 viewsRyorry

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 19:33 - Feb 21 by NthQldITFC

Ten quid says GBeebies gave that farmer lass that outfit to wear and specified how many buttons should be engaged.

Surprised the Haunted Pencil has the strength to lift that many pints in succession. Reckon he'll need a lie down on the front bench after that.

The wokerati try to trick us because "...it's sold as full fat, but in fact it's only 3.4%!"

2 secs of him was more than enough, can't bear to watch the full-fat 3 minutes+

Have an uppie for "Haunted Pencil" 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 11:14 - Feb 22 with 1896 viewssolemio

I was at the cricket at Taunton a few years ago when Rees-Mogg walked around the ground. As he walked you could hear the spectators hissing. I admit to having contributed to this sound.
Whole milk, another Tory success. on 11:30 - Feb 22 with 1844 viewsCaptainAhab

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 11:04 - Feb 22 by Swansea_Blue

Apart from the fake masculinity and sneering condescending attitude to anything ‘woke’. I can’t work out whether he’s serious or just on a wind up and knows it’s bollox. He seems to be joking and taking his viewers for idiots, but maybe that’s just his natural smug attitude and he could just be a crap presenter.

Taking his viewers for idiots seems eminently sensible to me
Whole milk, another Tory success. on 12:31 - Feb 22 with 1762 viewsGeoffSentence

Bollox how?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 14:40 - Feb 22 with 1659 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm still not 100% that isn't a parody account? Is that actually his Twitter?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 15:35 - Feb 22 with 1568 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 12:31 - Feb 22 by GeoffSentence

Bollox how?

It's cringeworthy imo. Trying to make out that anything other than full fat milk is inferior and not "proper". Sneering at the "health lobby" and using terms like "ghastly" for any of the milk substitutes.

& she's correcting him every step of the way. Corrects his statement that skimmed isn't proper milk. Points out that semi-skimmed is also 'proper' milk and has a very similar nutritional profile to whole milk.

It's an interesting discussion around milk though. There do seem to be benefits to drinking raw milk, but it's also far more likely to lead to quite unpleasant stomach illnesses. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9135038/

He could have gone down that route of looking at the issue, rather than that piece of condescending performative theatre.

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 15:40 - Feb 22 with 1547 viewsbournemouthblue

It's all very accidental partridge isn't it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 15:43 - Feb 22 with 1532 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 15:40 - Feb 22 by bournemouthblue

It's all very accidental partridge isn't it

Isn't it just. I can't believe it's not an act, but then maybe is is just a tw*t!

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 16:24 - Feb 22 with 1492 viewsGeoffSentence

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 15:35 - Feb 22 by Swansea_Blue

It's cringeworthy imo. Trying to make out that anything other than full fat milk is inferior and not "proper". Sneering at the "health lobby" and using terms like "ghastly" for any of the milk substitutes.

& she's correcting him every step of the way. Corrects his statement that skimmed isn't proper milk. Points out that semi-skimmed is also 'proper' milk and has a very similar nutritional profile to whole milk.

It's an interesting discussion around milk though. There do seem to be benefits to drinking raw milk, but it's also far more likely to lead to quite unpleasant stomach illnesses. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9135038/

He could have gone down that route of looking at the issue, rather than that piece of condescending performative theatre.

He's right to criticise what he calls the health lobby for pushing diet and low fat alternatives to whole foods, in this case milk. Those alternatives are usually much less healthy, full of sugar and additives to replace the fats. It's also true that skimmed milk doesn't contain the fat soluble vitamins of whole milk. It's the milk lady who points it out, but its still part of his point but whole milk is not even high in at, its actually lower in fat than most low-fat processed foods.

As for the rest of it, it's just his opinions on the soya and oat alternatives even if delivered in his usual flowery and tw@ttish manner.

I do feel dirty defending him, but for once, in this very narrow and specific instance, I agree with most of what he's saying.

I'm going for a shower.

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 16:45 - Feb 22 with 1446 viewsDJR

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 16:24 - Feb 22 by GeoffSentence

He's right to criticise what he calls the health lobby for pushing diet and low fat alternatives to whole foods, in this case milk. Those alternatives are usually much less healthy, full of sugar and additives to replace the fats. It's also true that skimmed milk doesn't contain the fat soluble vitamins of whole milk. It's the milk lady who points it out, but its still part of his point but whole milk is not even high in at, its actually lower in fat than most low-fat processed foods.

As for the rest of it, it's just his opinions on the soya and oat alternatives even if delivered in his usual flowery and tw@ttish manner.

I do feel dirty defending him, but for once, in this very narrow and specific instance, I agree with most of what he's saying.

I'm going for a shower.

This from Zoe confirms what you say.

Skim milk is widely considered healthier than whole milk. However, the truth is not so straightforward.

As we saw with yogurt, removing the fat also removes some fat-soluble vitamins. It also removes healthy omega-3s, which are present in milk from grass-fed cows. Again, some manufacturers may add these vitamins back into their products.

The processing of skim milk also produces a product with slightly more natural sugars than whole milk.

For many years, scientists thought that skim milk might help reduce cardiovascular risk. However, more recent evidence suggests that whole milk might protect against heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

People who are trying to lose weight often choose skim milk. However, as ZOE’s scientific co-founder Prof. Tim Spector explains in his upcoming book, Food For Life:

“Contrary to [USDA] advice to choose reduced-fat dairy, low-fat milk has no advantages over whole milk for weight control. In children, the evidence actually suggests greater long-term weight gain with reduced-fat milk than with full-fat milk.”
[Post edited 22 Feb 16:46]
Whole milk, another Tory success. on 04:37 - Feb 23 with 1268 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He’s right. The health alternative culture which fills up smart phones on Instagram reels to sell products that taste like the thing you’re not supposed to be having is generally bollox. If you were that worried about it wouldn’t go near it or want a replacement for it anyway.

Additives are a massive problem.

Theres all kinds of healthy fats that come in their original form and there is nothing wrong with them being part of a balanced diet. Everything in moderation**, cut out refined sugars, workout and generally you’re fine.

It’s when we start messing with stuff in its original form it becomes more of a problem.

** May not always follow his own advice.
Whole milk, another Tory success. on 07:39 - Feb 23 with 1165 viewsDJR

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 04:37 - Feb 23 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He’s right. The health alternative culture which fills up smart phones on Instagram reels to sell products that taste like the thing you’re not supposed to be having is generally bollox. If you were that worried about it wouldn’t go near it or want a replacement for it anyway.

Theres all kinds of healthy fats that come in their original form and there is nothing wrong with them being part of a balanced diet. Everything in moderation**, cut out refined sugars, workout and generally you’re fine.

It’s when we start messing with stuff in its original form it becomes more of a problem.

These are the ingredients in a Quorn sausage. Talk about ultra-processed food.

Mycoprotein (41%), Rehydrated Free Range Egg White, Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Palm), Rusk [Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), Water, Yeast, Salt], Onion, Natural Flavouring, Casing (Calcium Alginate), Textured Wheat Protein (Wheat Flour, Stabiliser: Sodium Alginate), Firming Agents: Calcium Chloride, Calcium Acetate; Seasoning [Herbs (Sage, Parsley), Rapeseed Oil], Pea Fibre, Roasted Barley Malt Extract, Natural Caramelised Sugar.

And this is how Mycoprotein is produced.

The production of mycoprotein takes place in vats, like in beer production. The fungi are grown under aerobic conditions, to which nitrogen, carbon and essential vitamins and minerals are supplied. Carbon dioxide is drawn from the vat. In the case of F. venenatum, glucose is supplied for carbon and ammonia for nitrogen. Parameters such as stirring, pH and temperature are also essential for optimal growth.

At harvest, the fungus is washed and heat treated to reduce the ribonucleic acid (RNA) content according to safety regulations before undergoing further processing steps.Different flavors and tastes can be added to the mycoprotein to add variety.

A reproducible mutation occurs after 1,000 to 1,200 hours of cultivation in F. venenatum that greatly reduces the hypha length in the organism, which is considered unfavorable for production. Under normal conditions, this mutant strain will rapidly displace the parent strain. Replacing ammonia with nitrate as the source of nitrogen, or supplementing ammonium cultures with peptone, prevents this mutant strain from overtaking the product, but still allows development. Alternatively, the appearance of the mutant can be delayed by selection pressures such as nutrient concentrations or pH levels.
Whole milk, another Tory success. on 07:55 - Feb 23 with 1122 viewsHerbivore

Whole milk, another Tory success. on 04:37 - Feb 23 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You're talking about something that is intended to feed baby cows, that we extract from female cows using machines, and we extract it from cows we artificially keep pregnant and reproducing and pump full of antibiotics in order to continuously extract their baby's food from them. All milk you can buy is then processed to kill off potentially harmful bacteria through pasteurisation. Not sure we can really seriously talk about the 'original form' of a product that has human intervention and processing all over it. I won't bother going down the route of how damaging the dairy industry is for the environment either as that's been done to death and nobody listens anyway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024