Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the sake of balance, 13:04 - Feb 19 with 2287 viewsIllinoisblue

If you could choose a particular player or moment or way to get promoted, what would you choose? I ask this to balance out the numerous negative nightmare scenarios that play out in my head. Top two at the moment:

1. Last day of season home to Huddersfield. Leeds and saints have collapsed late on and we need to win to go up. It’s 2-2, 94th minute and Big Keith nods down for Jackson to score the winner in front of north stand.

2. Hladky saves three penalties against scum in playoff final.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

For the sake of balance, on 13:08 - Feb 19 with 2049 viewsJimmyJazz

Keith Deller?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

For the sake of balance, on 13:09 - Feb 19 with 2040 viewsWD19

IF promotion was ultimately assured, then a day out at Wembley in the sunshine has to be top of the list. Give someone decent a drubbing. I am thinking England vs Netherlands 96 vibes.

Morsy to smash in the 3rd from 25 yards before halftime.
For the sake of balance, on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 2016 viewsDarkBrandon

We secured promotion pretty nicely last season. Can’t we do that again?
For the sake of balance, on 13:16 - Feb 19 with 1976 viewsMiaow

Janoi Donacien makes his return to action as a substitute and pulls off a miraculous goal-line clearance at one end before powering in a last-minute header from a corner at the other for what is his only goal for Ipswich Town and the one that takes us up.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

For the sake of balance, on 13:18 - Feb 19 with 1967 viewstextbackup

Leeds vs Soton, last day of season. They are both on 93 points.
Leeds are 2-1 up with mins to go, and Soton storm forwards for a goal… they finish 2-2…

We’ve started the day on 92 points, needing a draw in the above game to stand a chance. At half time we are 3-0 up all glued to phones/radios etc…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For the sake of balance, on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 1937 viewsIllinoisblue

For the sake of balance, on 13:08 - Feb 19 by JimmyJazz

Keith Deller?

After a 180 degree turn and arrowing one into the top corner earlier in the game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Beat Leeds…. on 13:20 - Feb 19 with 1928 viewsBloots

….on pens in the PO SF.

Beat scum 10-0 at Wembley.

Simple.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

For the sake of balance, on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 1894 viewsBlueBoots

Would prefer to be promoted automatically before the final match of the season, but if not...go into the last game a point behind both Leeds and Southampton, 85 minutes gone we're 2-2 with Huddersfield - Leeds 2-1 up against Southampton. Flynn Downes scores an 89th minute equalizer for Saints, and Huddersfield keeper parries an injury time shot from George Hirst into the path of Janoi who scores with a Rabona

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

For the sake of balance, on 13:26 - Feb 19 with 1894 viewsAsa

We need to beat Huddersfield on the final day and Leeds and Southampton have to draw.

Leeds race into a 3-0 half time lead. We fail to break down Huddersfield who are parking the bus.

We've all resigned ourselves to the playoffs. Elland Road is in party mode. Leeds concede three goals in the last 10 minutes. New filters through to Portman Road that their game has finished.

In the last minute of injury time the ball is cleared from a corner to Harry who fires a thunderb*stard into the top corner to send Portman Road absolutely mental.

Yeah. None of us could cope with that. Just any way will do! Let's be honest, doing it by going 10 points clear with 4 to go or in the last seconds at Wembley would just be madness anyway.
[Post edited 19 Feb 13:30]
For the sake of balance, on 13:32 - Feb 19 with 1828 viewsblueasfook

Martijn Reuser to come on and score the final goal in the 4-2 win over Leeds.

"Reuser... PREMIERSHIP!!!"

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

For the sake of balance, on 13:33 - Feb 19 with 1818 viewsNthQldITFC

For the sake of balance, on 13:16 - Feb 19 by Miaow

Janoi Donacien makes his return to action as a substitute and pulls off a miraculous goal-line clearance at one end before powering in a last-minute header from a corner at the other for what is his only goal for Ipswich Town and the one that takes us up.

Has JD never scored for us? How did I not know that? He was superb for us when he was playing regularly, wasn't he.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

For the sake of balance, on 13:37 - Feb 19 with 1798 viewscatch74

I think Clarke would be quite happy if he scored the winner to get us up.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

For the sake of balance, on 13:40 - Feb 19 with 1779 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Would love Woolfenden to get the winning goal that did it for us. Homegrown, been top class the last couple of seasons, and fortunately survived some of the ridiculousness a few years ago with pub players starting in preference to him.

Alternatively, Sam Morsy. I'll always associate him with bringing back standards to the club that were sorely missing when he came in.
For the sake of balance, on 13:54 - Feb 19 with 1692 viewsFixed_It

For the sake of balance, on 13:33 - Feb 19 by NthQldITFC

Has JD never scored for us? How did I not know that? He was superb for us when he was playing regularly, wasn't he.

Love JD. One of the nicest blokes you could hope to meet.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

For the sake of balance, on 14:01 - Feb 19 with 1664 viewsWeWereZombies

It's the play-off final at Wembley and all our strike force have been knobbled by Nodge who are 1-0 up at half time and parking the bus for the second half. McKenna discovers some obscure FIFA emergency loan rule and is able to secure Mbappe and Haaland as substitutes for the last ten minutes. Mbappe thunders in an equaliser in the last minute of added time at the end of normal time and then they both score hat tricks in extra time, and Hladky is given the róle of penalty taker for a 129th minute finale to seal our 8-1 win.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

For the sake of balance, on 14:08 - Feb 19 with 1634 viewsJ2BLUE

Really difficult one. So many contenders.

JD, Morsy, Chaplin, Broadhead, Davis, Hirst, Woolf, Luongo, Burns all been a massive part of our progression.

Clarke for the emotional vote.

I'm going to go with Burgess. Signed with little fanfare but been an absolute rock at the back and one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

For the sake of balance, on 14:13 - Feb 19 with 1594 viewsJakeITFC

I don't care as long there is a nice long boo for fans on the pitch.
For the sake of balance, on 14:20 - Feb 19 with 1560 viewssoupytwist

Nothing could beat a repeat of Ullathorne OG enacted by the current Norwich goalkeeper surely?

[Post edited 19 Feb 14:24]
For the sake of balance, on 15:01 - Feb 19 with 1471 viewsBigalhunter

If it went to pens against Norwich in the play off I don’t think I’d still be alive for them.
Give me a final day against Huddersfield 4 pts clear of the rest please, on 98pts and 99 goals.
For the sake of balance, on 16:02 - Feb 19 with 1374 viewsJ2BLUE

For the sake of balance, on 15:01 - Feb 19 by Bigalhunter

If it went to pens against Norwich in the play off I don’t think I’d still be alive for them.
Give me a final day against Huddersfield 4 pts clear of the rest please, on 98pts and 99 goals.

I very much doubt it will happen but I would LOVE IT if Sky pick Leeds/Saints for tv on last day and hype it up as winner takes all...then we clinch second the week before.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

For the sake of balance, on 16:06 - Feb 19 with 1351 viewspointofblue

For the sake of balance, on 16:02 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

I very much doubt it will happen but I would LOVE IT if Sky pick Leeds/Saints for tv on last day and hype it up as winner takes all...then we clinch second the week before.

Won't happen as Sky won't choose the TV games for final day until after the penultimate round of matches have been played. So, if a minor miracle somehow happens and we clinch second before final day, they'll probably just choose another game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

For the sake of balance, on 16:42 - Feb 19 with 1297 viewsKeno

Ed Sheeran comes on with 2 mins left and Carrow Road and buries the winner from 25 yards out
[Post edited 19 Feb 17:22]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

For the sake of balance, on 16:52 - Feb 19 with 1262 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

For the sake of balance, on 16:42 - Feb 19 by Keno

Ed Sheeran comes on with 2 mins left and Carrow Road and buries the winner from 25 yards out

WOW ! That would be a record amount of stoppage time !

(Edit for the benefit of anybody who doesn't understand my post - "25 yards" was originally posted as "25 years")
[Post edited 19 Feb 17:30]
For the sake of balance, on 17:22 - Feb 19 with 1202 viewsKeno

For the sake of balance, on 16:52 - Feb 19 by Portmanteauxcurling

WOW ! That would be a record amount of stoppage time !

(Edit for the benefit of anybody who doesn't understand my post - "25 yards" was originally posted as "25 years")
[Post edited 19 Feb 17:30]

it feels that long since we won there

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

For the sake of balance, on 18:21 - Feb 19 with 1123 viewsMK1

Leeds need to equal or better our result for promotion. Southampton score first after just 2 minutes. Leeds level on 44. Southampton again take the lead again on 47. Leeds score two quick goals in the 56th and 58th minutes. It stays that way until 90+1 when Southampton score an equaliser. Then in the 90th + 10 minutes Southampton are awarded a very, very soft penalty, which is scored with the last kick of the game.
We cruse to a 4-0 home win and with it seal promotion.
Leeds lose in the play-off final to Coventry 3-0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024