Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? 21:58 - Feb 10 with 3788 viewsMullet

Two obvious errors to allow them goals, against a team we already know shut up so effectively. The pass from Fridge was inexcusable given they'd torn us apart in the middle and he had Leif off to his left.

We can cycle through the cliches and the narrow margins stuff, but it does feel a bit like individual errors are costing us. The gap we've bridged has been magnificent, but you can tell how much money and quality we are trying to negate when you come up against the WBAs and PNEs of the league and compare them.

That ending was far too tense as well. Genuinely believed a 3rd was ours for the taking as we pressed on. Giving ourselves far too much to do two games running must be at the forefront of McKenna's work this week mustn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:35 - Feb 10 with 2973 viewsGlasgowBlue

Therein lies our biggest problem. We have to work so damn hard for our goals but we gift them to our opponents.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:41 - Feb 10 with 2950 viewsEastboundSplinter

But it’s all the referee’s fault right??
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:48 - Feb 10 with 2923 viewsstickymockwell

I bloody loved that game today. I love the championship and if the prospect of losing Mckenna if we don't go up wasn't there, then I'd happily take a lot more seasons in this league watching those type of games. TBH the premier league can do one, just like league one can. I haven’t enjoyed watching Ipswich so much since I was a kid.
[Post edited 10 Feb 22:49]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 08:27 - Feb 11 with 2628 viewsMullet

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:41 - Feb 10 by EastboundSplinter

I'm not sure if this is trolling, some sort of dig I don't get or you just didn't read the OP.

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 08:31 - Feb 11 with 2601 viewsMullet

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:48 - Feb 10 by stickymockwell

I bloody loved that game today. I love the championship and if the prospect of losing Mckenna if we don't go up wasn't there, then I'd happily take a lot more seasons in this league watching those type of games. TBH the premier league can do one, just like league one can. I haven’t enjoyed watching Ipswich so much since I was a kid.

Promotion almost seems like a necessary evil just because of the money, but I'm far more of a fan of this league than the prospect of being fodder for sportswashers.

I think this has been the most frustrating week for a while given we should have won both games and take 1 from 6 instead.

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:01 - Feb 11 with 2524 viewsbobbyramsey

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:48 - Feb 10 by stickymockwell

.....but isn't it the battle for promotion to the PL (promised land) that makes this league so exciting, the "are we, aren't we" going to make the automatic places The thrill and clamour of striving for a play off spot? The end result may not be that desirable but the fun is trying to get there?

If however you knew you were going to be mired in this league without promotion for the next couple of decades would you be so excited?
[Post edited 11 Feb 9:03]
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:23 - Feb 11 with 2440 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 08:31 - Feb 11 by Mullet

Promotion almost seems like a necessary evil just because of the money, but I'm far more of a fan of this league than the prospect of being fodder for sportswashers.

I think this has been the most frustrating week for a while given we should have won both games and take 1 from 6 instead.

Surely the franchise is fodder for the sportswashers in this division too, based on the way the table is shaping up?

I don’t recall anybody being too upset when the franchise bought their way out of the third division last season.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 2425 viewsStewart27

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:23 - Feb 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Surely the franchise is fodder for the sportswashers in this division too, based on the way the table is shaping up?

I don’t recall anybody being too upset when the franchise bought their way out of the third division last season.

Bellend.
Login to get fewer ads

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:33 - Feb 11 with 2403 viewsStewart27

Bittersweet is how I described yesterday when I was leaving PR.

I’m really disappointed that we seem to concede more goals than we do shots on target. But yesterday was one of those proper championship games of old against two very good teams with contrasting styles.

My heart was going like the clappers in injury time!
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:53 - Feb 11 with 2360 viewscbower

Unlike me, I went a bit all in with some criticism of Woolfenden on some threads on here yesterday. I've calmed down a bit having rewatched the game. He's having a good season. You're right, individual errors are being punished and the one win in nine is not really a relection of how we have performed. Key moments not going our way. Chaplin's miss was horrible, the save from Al Hamadi very decent and the timewasting ridiculous throughout. Wish we moved it quicker at times. Yesterday, our delivery from wide didn’t offer Kieffer too much opportunity. I feel the substitutions were 10-15 minutes too late, especially Wes. I love him but he got little joy against his full back and Hutch should have been on at 60. We're still well in the mix, I'm not one of these who seem to believe 2nd place is unattainable as we're a massive 4 points behind. There's 16 games to go ffs.

bluescouser

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:15 - Feb 11 with 2290 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:28 - Feb 11 by Stewart27

Bellend.

Excellent delivery

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:18 - Feb 11 with 2280 viewscbower

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:15 - Feb 11 by Swansea_Blue

Excellent delivery

One word says it perfectly.🤣

bluescouser

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:31 - Feb 11 with 2235 viewsEastboundSplinter

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 22:41 - Feb 10 by EastboundSplinter

The OP is spot on. You only need to skim the board to see the plethora of posters blaming the match officials for our last handful of poor results.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:45 - Feb 11 with 2208 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:31 - Feb 11 by EastboundSplinter

The OP is spot on. You only need to skim the board to see the plethora of posters blaming the match officials for our last handful of poor results.

There’s a lot of that. We also haven’t always had the run of the green with some key decisions going against us (Preston was very clear referring errors going against us). It does get a bit tiresome when every wrong decision gets over-analysed though. Officials get little things like throw ins and even the odd corner wrong all the time, for all teams. A lot of fouls are also highly subjective.

Given the amount of chances we create compared to concede, none of it would matter if we were getting the job done by being clinical at both ends.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:10 - Feb 11 with 2145 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Agree. Wonder how much better we could be with another transfer window and KM coaching them, ie with better players it would be exciting to see what could be achieved.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:18 - Feb 11 with 2109 viewspatrickswell

McKenna's comments and perspective do a great deal to soothe any bad feeling about this run of results. I felt after the Preston game that a mental reset back to the attitude we approached the opening months of the season with would be a good idea for myself and the fan base generally. It feels like McKenna has never lost the perspective of enjoying the ride and giving your best, which I think will help him and the team through the rest of the season, regardless of what happens.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:23 - Feb 11 with 2092 viewsstonojnr

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:01 - Feb 11 by bobbyramsey

.....but isn't it the battle for promotion to the PL (promised land) that makes this league so exciting, the "are we, aren't we" going to make the automatic places The thrill and clamour of striving for a play off spot? The end result may not be that desirable but the fun is trying to get there?

If however you knew you were going to be mired in this league without promotion for the next couple of decades would you be so excited?
[Post edited 11 Feb 9:03]

rewind back to the McCarthy years and remind ourselves of how "good" being in the Championship was then...yeah right, being at the top pointy end of any league is always what makes it exciting.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:41 - Feb 11 with 2019 viewsMullet

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:23 - Feb 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Please refrain from ever posting a reply to me again. You pop up here about as welcome as Maggie Thatcher at a miner's gala.

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:44 - Feb 11 with 2002 viewsMullet

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 09:53 - Feb 11 by cbower

Unlike me, I went a bit all in with some criticism of Woolfenden on some threads on here yesterday. I've calmed down a bit having rewatched the game. He's having a good season. You're right, individual errors are being punished and the one win in nine is not really a relection of how we have performed. Key moments not going our way. Chaplin's miss was horrible, the save from Al Hamadi very decent and the timewasting ridiculous throughout. Wish we moved it quicker at times. Yesterday, our delivery from wide didn’t offer Kieffer too much opportunity. I feel the substitutions were 10-15 minutes too late, especially Wes. I love him but he got little joy against his full back and Hutch should have been on at 60. We're still well in the mix, I'm not one of these who seem to believe 2nd place is unattainable as we're a massive 4 points behind. There's 16 games to go ffs.

I actually think when you've got 3 big units at the back like we have had in the last two games, sometimes whipping the crosses into the six yard box at waist height causes more chaos. Some variety in those is needed to unlock opponents.

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:45 - Feb 11 with 1979 viewsberkstractorboy

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 10:31 - Feb 11 by EastboundSplinter

Of course its not always the Ref fault but take 2 very recent games, we've had an apology from the Officials that 2 of Preston's goal should not have stood that clearly change the course of the game when you are 2 down early on.

The Ref vs Maidstone absolutely influenced the outcome of the game not giving the foul and a strong case for a penalty. Say all you want about not needing to rely on the Ref to beat Maidstone and I agree, but you do have every right to expect the Ref to make the right decisions.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:49 - Feb 11 with 1948 viewsberkstractorboy

Time you left the board as you don't support Town and you just come on here to wind fans up.

We hardly bought L1. We spent money on 2 or 3 players as investments for the future who were championship standard and have experience building the team for when we made the Championship. That's what clubs do right, invest i talent to improve the team and aim to get promotion?

We finished 2nd, just, we can't even buy the league very well going by what you think.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 12:32 - Feb 11 with 1853 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:49 - Feb 11 by berkstractorboy

Time you left the board as you don't support Town and you just come on here to wind fans up.

We hardly bought L1. We spent money on 2 or 3 players as investments for the future who were championship standard and have experience building the team for when we made the Championship. That's what clubs do right, invest i talent to improve the team and aim to get promotion?

We finished 2nd, just, we can't even buy the league very well going by what you think.

I'm amazed this prick is allowed to continue. It's not even funny. Just utterly pathetic.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 12:47 - Feb 11 with 1806 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 11:49 - Feb 11 by berkstractorboy

Let's be honest here. We spent alot compared to the other sides. Champ level wages. Near on 8mill on transfers and loans. Yes investments on some. But let's not pretend we didn't buy our way to promotion. It doesn't matter anyway we needed promotion so it's great we did and its not something to really be bothered about really is it. But I wouldn't say hardly when talking about it..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 12:53 - Feb 11 with 1792 viewsredrickstuhaart

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 12:32 - Feb 11 by gainsboroughblue

I'm amazed this prick is allowed to continue. It's not even funny. Just utterly pathetic.

Indeed. The trolling is not even clever, its inane, repetitive and tedious.

Its not even based in anything with substance.
It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 12:56 - Feb 11 with 1778 viewsberkstractorboy

It's bittersweet watching us falter isn't it? on 12:47 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Let's be honest here. We spent alot compared to the other sides. Champ level wages. Near on 8mill on transfers and loans. Yes investments on some. But let's not pretend we didn't buy our way to promotion. It doesn't matter anyway we needed promotion so it's great we did and its not something to really be bothered about really is it. But I wouldn't say hardly when talking about it..

By that reckoning nearly every team is buying promotion as all have to invest in players with transfers and wages to get a squad good enough to get promotion or win the Prem.

I don't see where you get £8M from with transfers of Davis, Harness, Camara, Clarke, Broadhead and Hirst on loan last season doesn't come near to that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024