Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thinking out loud 12:52 - Feb 5 with 3666 viewsitfc_bucks

But should we park the push for 2nd, and focus on properly bedding in Moore, Sarmiento, Travis, Al Hamedi etc and aim to crush it in the Play Offs?
Thinking out loud on 12:54 - Feb 5 with 2650 viewsHerbivore

No.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thinking out loud on 12:56 - Feb 5 with 2641 viewsSarge

What?

This is along the lines of those who say we shouldn’t try for promotion this year but consolidate and give it a go next year. You try and win every game at all times. Nothing else makes sense.
Thinking out loud on 12:57 - Feb 5 with 2628 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm not sure why the two things would be mutually exclusive. I thought the idea of these new signings was to help us get to 2nd!?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Thinking out loud on 12:58 - Feb 5 with 2620 viewsbaxterbasics

As much as I've been pessimistic about our odds of getting back that 2nd place, of course we absolutely should be aiming for it so long as there is a chance! Each game is a must-aim-to-win.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Thinking out loud on 12:59 - Feb 5 with 2598 viewsJimmyJazz

What do you see as the fundamental differences? Give Al Hammer more game time than he would normally expect?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Thinking out loud on 13:03 - Feb 5 with 2545 viewsSomethingBlue

I think the outlook of our management and players – which isn't particularly trained on a "push for second", more on developing our processes and becoming as competitive as we can – will remain exactly the same to be honest, whatever happens between now and May.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thinking out loud on 13:05 - Feb 5 with 2514 viewskizaitfc

What do you mean bed them in?

How does this work please?

If you mean play them regularly, then yes absolutely but IMO given their talents that would be pushing for 2nd not parking it.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Thinking out loud on 13:12 - Feb 5 with 2427 viewsIllinoisblue

2 points off second with SEVENTEEN games to play. Doesn’t seem like a great time to give up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Thinking out loud on 13:13 - Feb 5 with 2421 viewsRyorry

Thinking out loud on 12:56 - Feb 5 by Sarge

What?

This is along the lines of those who say we shouldn’t try for promotion this year but consolidate and give it a go next year. You try and win every game at all times. Nothing else makes sense.

Don't think anyone's said that? You may have misread me saying that the thought would console me if we didn't go up automatically this year.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thinking out loud on 13:16 - Feb 5 with 2393 viewsRyorry

Why do you put it as either/or? I imagine KM, staff & squad will be aiming for both, and so they should - they're professionals!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thinking out loud on 13:22 - Feb 5 with 2342 viewsgiant_stow

I'd go further than that even: If I were the Ipswich manager, I'd be playing the youths to get some experience in. Concentrate on the 27-28 promotion push.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Thinking out loud on 13:27 - Feb 5 with 2296 viewsLeaky

Take one game at a time see where it takes us.
Thinking out loud on 13:28 - Feb 5 with 2294 viewsredrickstuhaart

Why let go of a chance which looks better than 1 in 4, for a 1 in 4 gamble???
Thinking out loud on 13:29 - Feb 5 with 2280 viewsblueasfook

Thinking out loud on 13:22 - Feb 5 by giant_stow

I'd go further than that even: If I were the Ipswich manager, I'd be playing the youths to get some experience in. Concentrate on the 27-28 promotion push.

Agree. Let's not rush things.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Thinking out loud on 13:29 - Feb 5 with 2274 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

If we face Leeds in the playoffs we are bang in trouble. Clearly they are a stylistic nightmare for us as the two previous games have shown. We commit so many players forward, and they have lightning fast counters. Unless we completely change the way we play, which is just not going to happen. Hopefully Leeds would end up playing versus a low block team as they’ve really struggled against them.

That said, with so many point up for grabs, and Town objectively the best Jan window in the league, we 100pc need to go for the autos. COYB!
Thinking out loud on 13:30 - Feb 5 with 2273 viewsGuthrum

How do we park the push for second? I don't see that no longer trying to win games helps anybody.

Surely the best way to bed players in is to most efficiently use their game time (given fitness, experience, aptitude), gettimg them used to the role they are to play in the team. Plus building up their confidence through victory. In any case, it sounds like Moore was pretty well bedded in by the end of Saturday's game and Sarmiento has been for a while.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thinking out loud on 13:31 - Feb 5 with 2258 viewsBLUEBEAT

No.

But I think they should mix it up a bit.

Playing out from the back is now predictable and expected and teams have adapted and are having more success against us. Couldn’t handle 2 PNE front men pressing high at all.

Lifting it into upper mid/frontline a bit more, especially now we have a lanky forward, is a viable option now.

Poll: W or W

Thinking out loud on 14:17 - Feb 5 with 2044 viewsSarge

Thinking out loud on 13:13 - Feb 5 by Ryorry

Don't think anyone's said that? You may have misread me saying that the thought would console me if we didn't go up automatically this year.

It’s not specific to this forum but is a common theme in many fanbases where there are some that believe it’s better to wait and ‘consolidate’ (which rarely happens as the best players and managers are simply poached by bigger teams) rather than to give promotion a go.

It’s often accompanied by comments such as ‘we’re not ready for promotion’, which if you’re already in a position to be fighting for it, is the most ready you’ll ever be.
Thinking out loud on 14:21 - Feb 5 with 2017 viewsnrb1985

christ
Thinking out loud on 14:23 - Feb 5 with 2004 viewsJimmyJazz

Thinking out loud on 14:17 - Feb 5 by Sarge

It’s not specific to this forum but is a common theme in many fanbases where there are some that believe it’s better to wait and ‘consolidate’ (which rarely happens as the best players and managers are simply poached by bigger teams) rather than to give promotion a go.

It’s often accompanied by comments such as ‘we’re not ready for promotion’, which if you’re already in a position to be fighting for it, is the most ready you’ll ever be.

I imagine if you looked at last season's promoted teams you would have said Luton were the team not yet ready. Now they look like the best of the three in terms of making a fight of staying up

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Thinking out loud on 14:24 - Feb 5 with 1986 viewsIllinoisblue

Thinking out loud on 13:31 - Feb 5 by BLUEBEAT

No.

But I think they should mix it up a bit.

Playing out from the back is now predictable and expected and teams have adapted and are having more success against us. Couldn’t handle 2 PNE front men pressing high at all.

Lifting it into upper mid/frontline a bit more, especially now we have a lanky forward, is a viable option now.

Keiffer Moore has entered the chat

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thinking out loud on 16:07 - Feb 5 with 1739 viewsStewart27

Aim to win as many games as possible or aim to take our foot off the gas?

Is this a serious question?
Thinking out loud on 17:36 - Feb 5 with 1562 viewsEastboundSplinter

Thinking out loud on 13:29 - Feb 5 by blueasfook

Agree. Let's not rush things.

It’s an idealistic sentiment but the EFL competition rules require us to play our strongest side and currently that’s not the youths.
Thinking out loud on 17:45 - Feb 5 with 1528 viewssmithy69

This obviously isn’t a genuine question
Thinking out loud on 17:48 - Feb 5 with 1514 viewsitfc_bucks

Crikey - a few on here not blessed with the ability to read,.eh?

There's a huge difference between throwing players in before they're up to speed with our style and fitness requirements to play it (thereby risking injury) and allowing for a proper mid-season "pre-season" style of bedding in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024