Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship 15:13 - Feb 1 with 3482 viewssmithy69

I think we have. 4 quality players

Discuss ?
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:16 - Feb 1 with 2971 viewsBloomBlue

Possibly
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:18 - Feb 1 with 2943 viewsWeekender

Hull have signed some good players. Must have spent a small fortune

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:19 - Feb 1 with 2891 viewsstickymockwell

Time will tell I guess on the strongest, but definitely up there with the most ambitious

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:20 - Feb 1 with 2865 viewsParky

Obviously it’s subjective, but I think Hull have had a good window, as have Southampton, adding even more class to their side with Brooks and Rothwell, whilst keeping their bulk of talent. (Only Alcaraz big name gone for £40M)
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 2797 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think it depends on the needs of the clubs tbh

Leeds and Leicester haven't gone out and got a load, but they didn't need to.
Some teams may have only needed a covering cb or something so you could say they are as strong as we've been despite only signing 1..

It's been a solid window if we get the Moore deal done. But we won't know of course how good a window until we see the performances too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 2807 viewsBiGDonnie

Strongest in the history of January transfer windows across all levels I'd say.

Up the Town.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 2804 viewsitfcjoe

I think a good argument for that, especially if we end up with probably the 2 best number 9s that move to Champ clubs this window

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:34 - Feb 1 with 2609 viewsArnieM

Yes we will have had a string window, but we are competing with PL club squads, and are effectively trying to raise our squad strength towards their already strong level. The fact that we have been second most of this season is nothing short of phenomenal….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:38 - Feb 1 with 2541 viewsOldFart71

I think we needed at least 6 decent players to stand any chance of remaining in the Premier League. that's of course if we get there. I suppose the problem is that the two youngsters who we got in are loans as is Moore. The advantage is they can if we don't make it return to their clubs and no huge outlay has been made as Ali is more a long term project. Sounds bad really, calling a player a project. I suppose Gamechanger will be looking for big bucks in return at some stage. But it's always a dicey situation where, if that's the aim, to keep bringing in players in the hope they'll be sold on and also to continue to replace them with like for like replacements and retaining Premier League status.
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:39 - Feb 1 with 2505 viewsWallingford_Boy

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:23 - Feb 1 by BiGDonnie

Up the Town.

Last Jan?

RIP Sir Bobby

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:45 - Feb 1 with 2367 viewsVic

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:23 - Feb 1 by BiGDonnie

Up the Town.

No idea if you're right, but I'd be surprised. It's good - almost as good as we could have hoped for (the lad from Blackburn would have made it nigh on perfect). At this point in time I'd still say that last seasons Jan window was stronger for us.

But across all the leagues? That's a big call!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:46 - Feb 1 with 2358 viewshomer_123

Not strong enough for some Town fans.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:46 - Feb 1 with 2341 viewshomer_123

You can really only judge it after the fact - on paper, another very good Window.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:50 - Feb 1 with 2272 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:38 - Feb 1 by OldFart71

I think we needed at least 6 decent players to stand any chance of remaining in the Premier League. that's of course if we get there. I suppose the problem is that the two youngsters who we got in are loans as is Moore. The advantage is they can if we don't make it return to their clubs and no huge outlay has been made as Ali is more a long term project. Sounds bad really, calling a player a project. I suppose Gamechanger will be looking for big bucks in return at some stage. But it's always a dicey situation where, if that's the aim, to keep bringing in players in the hope they'll be sold on and also to continue to replace them with like for like replacements and retaining Premier League status.

The best way to guarantee that is by developing the players we sign and progressing up the leagues. We have a lot of players who we signed as League 1 players who could very soon be Premier League players and worth much more. Sell just one of those and it will be an overall profit.

Likewise the value of the club as a whole. Turn it from being run as a League 1 club in League 1 to being run as a Premier League club in the Premier League and its value has soared. I am sure that is the owners' aim. The issue then will be who buys us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:52 - Feb 1 with 2250 viewsJ2BLUE

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:22 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

Some teams may have only needed a covering cb or something so you could say they are as strong as we've been despite only signing 1..

It's been a solid window if we get the Moore deal done. But we won't know of course how good a window until we see the performances too.

Last night it would get us up and today it's just solid?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:06 - Feb 1 with 2039 viewsBiGDonnie

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:39 - Feb 1 by Wallingford_Boy

Last Jan?

I'm joking of course, but it looks like we've done what we needed too. I'm ok with Humphries and Ball backing up Clarke and Davis should Williams not return.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:12 - Feb 1 with 1977 viewsEuropablue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:38 - Feb 1 by OldFart71

Maybe so, but that is something to worry about if we get to the Premier League!
Of course, we will have potential targets listed for both scenarios.
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:18 - Feb 1 with 1893 viewsFrimleyBlue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:52 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

Last night it would get us up and today it's just solid?

Solid is good isn't it?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:21 - Feb 1 with 1851 viewsWestSussexBlue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 15:22 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

That’s a good point re Leicester, Leeds Saints.
They don’t really need to add extra quality as they’re basically Premier League players already.
We’ll only really know how good a window it has been if the signings add the quality we need to secure Promotion.
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:22 - Feb 1 with 1850 viewsRadlett_blue

Al-Hamadi may turn out to be a great signing, but he will probably need time to adjust to playing 2 leagues higher so he might not improve the team in the short term. Moore is a big target man who has played plenty of games at PL & Championship level so while he might not be 100% match fit given his limited game time, he should be an adequate if slightly different replacement for Hirst. Travis looks a solid holding midfield player, offering cover for Morsy & Luongo. Sarmiento has ability to beat players & make things happen. Burgess should be back soon & I guess McKenna thinks a combination of Ball, Tuanzebe & maybe Travis is enough defensive cover, assuming Williams doesn't return. Donacien may return, but being out with a groin for so long is rarely promising, while Humphreys & Bagot may go out on loan.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:26 - Feb 1 with 1786 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:21 - Feb 1 by WestSussexBlue

That’s a good point re Leicester, Leeds Saints.
They don’t really need to add extra quality as they’re basically Premier League players already.
We’ll only really know how good a window it has been if the signings add the quality we need to secure Promotion.

It is certainly far more important that we catch up with Leeds' and Southampton's quality with the big points gap we have to make up. It is a shame for us they have been so much better than us so far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:39 - Feb 1 with 1695 viewsExiled2Surrey

So long as at the same time no-one goes out, then probably yes...

Cardiff have done alright, getting a LB on loan from Man City, a striker and Nat Phillips at CB, but even Hull there is a balance between getting Carvalho, Giles and Sharp in, but losing Twine and arguably not replacing Delap (unless that is Noah Ohio?)

I hadn't noticed that Alcaraz had gone from Soton
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:48 - Feb 1 with 1639 viewsJ2BLUE

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:18 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

Solid is good isn't it?

Solid means decent but not spectacular. Bit of a comedown from he will take us up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 18:09 - Feb 1 with 1459 viewsWestSussexBlue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 16:26 - Feb 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is certainly far more important that we catch up with Leeds' and Southampton's quality with the big points gap we have to make up. It is a shame for us they have been so much better than us so far.

Big points gap?
If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 18:37 - Feb 1 with 1377 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Moore signs - have we had the strongest window in the entire Championship on 18:09 - Feb 1 by WestSussexBlue

Big points gap?

I think that was sarcasm

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024