Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling to care too much about yesterday 10:11 - Jan 28 with 3349 viewsGarv

A few reasons:

I'd rather that happened than lose against a fellow EFL club, even a Championship side. It's a freak result.

We battered them and just couldn't stick the ball in the net early enough. Aluko could have sneezed the ball in with his chance but somehow put it wide. We played as well as we could have expected to, bar the finishing touches.

Hutchinson and Jeremy were, as most people have said, very good and unlucky not to score. Only criticism of the former would be that I wanted to see him go on the outside a bit more often and try and beat his man for pace.

There's no indication this will have any negative affect on the league. We've bounced back from every other set back. We should just look forward to PNE now with our captain back and hopefully a couple of new players. I said a couple of months ago that whatever happens this season after the start we had it will have been a brilliant season, that comfortably still stands.

Oh and fair play to Maidstone. Biggest result they'll ever have and they deserved it based on the quality of their finishing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:18 - Jan 28 with 2944 viewsGuthrum

Also the quality of their goalkeeper. Pulled of several brilliant saves and was alive enogh to pounce on the ball during that goal-mouth scramble.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:19 - Jan 28 with 2944 viewsBlueOura

We lost to a team from the National league South.......at home. If you don't care that speaks volumes about you as a supporter. Let's hope the players don't have the same attitude or we might not be bouncing back so soon this time.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:26 - Jan 28 with 2914 viewsGuthrum

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:19 - Jan 28 by BlueOura

We lost to a team from the National league South.......at home. If you don't care that speaks volumes about you as a supporter. Let's hope the players don't have the same attitude or we might not be bouncing back so soon this time.

Care about the game while it's happening. Afterwards, why cry over spilt milk?

Clean it up and carry on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:33 - Jan 28 with 2865 viewstextbackup

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:18 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Also the quality of their goalkeeper. Pulled of several brilliant saves and was alive enogh to pounce on the ball during that goal-mouth scramble.

Three cheers for the keeper… hip hip

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:37 - Jan 28 with 2838 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I think people do care, some of this is just self soothing after we embarrassed ourselves. It was an awful day for the club, and especially the Ipswich brand, it now will be interesting to see if it has any impact on our league form or overall confidence especially given we’ve won one game since Norwich and only four games in two months, which is starting to become a more concerning pattern than just losing a cup game.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:42 - Jan 28 with 2796 viewsFrimleyBlue

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:37 - Jan 28 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I think people do care, some of this is just self soothing after we embarrassed ourselves. It was an awful day for the club, and especially the Ipswich brand, it now will be interesting to see if it has any impact on our league form or overall confidence especially given we’ve won one game since Norwich and only four games in two months, which is starting to become a more concerning pattern than just losing a cup game.

Funny thing is.

I'm probably one of the normal negative posters.

But I'm not fussed at all about yesterday as a result.
Certain things I'm puzzled by.. Aluko etc. But as a game. You play that again and we are 7-0 up inside 20 minutes.

Let's be honest. 2 maidstone goals
Hutchinson tells someone he's injured.. it don't happen
2nd.. ref does his job. Doesn't happen.

Likewise. Broadhead chips the ball. He scores
Hutchinson shoots high from the sarmiento post hit.. it's a goal.

Rub of the green and all that.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:50 - Jan 28 with 2755 viewsXatticus

I thought we looked alright considering the lineup we sent out. We deserved a comfortable win for our performance, but the goals didn't come and some sloppy defending ended our run. I'd be considerably more bothered if we didn't dominate the game.

As it is, the only thing that really bothers me with it is the lost revenue. That was as favorable a draw as you will ever see that deep into the competition and the decision to play Aluko probably cost us a fair bit of additional income.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 22:58 - Jan 28 with 2628 viewsGarv

Struggling to care too much. i.e not bringing myself to go over the top like some people have (not you necessarily). I'd probably care more if we lost at home to Millwall, as a random example, or if we weren't 2nd in the league as a newly promoted side.

Players and management will react perfectly to it I think. They'll learn from it but they also won't linger and over analyze it.

Login to get fewer ads

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 23:53 - Jan 28 with 2527 viewsVaughan8

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:18 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

People keep saying it but I can't remember these brilliant saves.

I thought most of the saves were pretty routine?
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 23:58 - Jan 28 with 2518 viewsBondiBlue

I'm pretty happy actually. It means i don't have to shell out $14 for another month of paramount plus.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 00:00 - Jan 29 with 2507 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No, it would have been much better to lose against a fellow EFL side as we would have still put out a weakened team. Every time we want to turn the page someone comes on here with a ludicrous comment.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 00:05 - Jan 29 with 2494 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:33 - Jan 28 by textbackup

Three cheers for the keeper… hip hip

There has also been multiple threads started by people on here stating they don’t care about the result. Only enough to start an entire discussion about it. Nothing says I don’t care, like having to tell everyone how much you don’t care. People have odd ways of making themselves trying to feel better.

Roll on Preston.
[Post edited 29 Jan 0:07]
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 02:12 - Jan 29 with 2418 viewsArchiRob

I care - I was absolutely gutted - Just released from hospital with very bad news concerning me but I really still cared about the performance and result.
I was really disappointed FOR our fans and our players.

I am annoyed every time I read that that Maidstone deserved it, Call me a bad loser and totally biased but on this occasion, I really thought they didn't. profligate finishing, game of his life goalie and poor refereeing.

And when I read the snide remarks by the likes of (the shrunken headed) Farke - I really pray our wonderful team and management are able to repeat last year's performance and shove his words back down his throat come end of season.

Anyway guess I irrationally do care too much and want to see us win every game - COYB
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 07:59 - Jan 29 with 2252 viewspeterleeblue

Firstly for me well done Maidstone.

I think the thing that rankles with me the most is that unlike the debacles in the Evans era the club did not deserve that result at this time.

We played well enough to win. Should have won and if the game was played another 10 times we would probably win them all.

This is probably Kieran's first real jolt as manager. Fingers crossed he passes this test with his usual flying colours.

I am sure he will.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 08:14 - Jan 29 with 2217 viewsDubtractor

Can't agree with the 'don't care' approach.

I know I had a pop at people for going OTT with their reaction on Saturday, and I stick by that, buy let's not dress it up as anything other than a dreadful result.

I couldn't give a toss about what the rest of the country thinks about the result, and can easily tune out of that, but as an Ipswich fan that was a ridiculous result to be on the wrong end of.

It's just one game, it doesn't define our (so far incredible) season, and I find it easier to laugh about it than to fret too much, but it was still sh1t.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 08:31 - Jan 29 with 2160 viewsbournemouthblue

Perspective is needed here, it's not the same as Lincoln where we were completely outplayed by a Conference side for two games and it was clear we were a club on the slide

We are now a club on the rise, going well in the league and it's nice we are now considered a 'giant' that has been slayed

Before it wasn't even unexpected, it was almost deliberate that we were knocked out

I don't think anyone can say we didn't try there, we were just fecking unlucky, let's be honest!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 08:52 - Jan 29 with 2094 viewshype313

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:42 - Jan 28 by FrimleyBlue

Funny thing is.

I'm probably one of the normal negative posters.

But I'm not fussed at all about yesterday as a result.
Certain things I'm puzzled by.. Aluko etc. But as a game. You play that again and we are 7-0 up inside 20 minutes.

Let's be honest. 2 maidstone goals
Hutchinson tells someone he's injured.. it don't happen
2nd.. ref does his job. Doesn't happen.

Likewise. Broadhead chips the ball. He scores
Hutchinson shoots high from the sarmiento post hit.. it's a goal.

Rub of the green and all that.

I couldn't give two ticks of a dingo's dangler.

If we were played off the park then there would be some serious concern, but we battered them, 80% possession, 30+ shots on goal, it was a freak result, nothing less.

Move on I say.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 08:52 - Jan 29 with 2092 viewsjayessess

I dunno, I think it's a pretty rough one however you want to rationalise it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 08:59 - Jan 29 with 2071 viewsitfcjoe

I definitely care, it's embarrassing - I was able to get over it quite quickly though and as long as we bounce back (as we always do under McKenna) then I think exiting the cup at that stage will be a good thing for our season now we avoid extra midweek games.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 1973 viewsfarkenhell

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 08:59 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

I definitely care, it's embarrassing - I was able to get over it quite quickly though and as long as we bounce back (as we always do under McKenna) then I think exiting the cup at that stage will be a good thing for our season now we avoid extra midweek games.

This is where I am - sums it up perfectly.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:41 - Jan 29 with 1936 viewsChurchman

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 02:12 - Jan 29 by ArchiRob

I care - I was absolutely gutted - Just released from hospital with very bad news concerning me but I really still cared about the performance and result.
I was really disappointed FOR our fans and our players.

I am annoyed every time I read that that Maidstone deserved it, Call me a bad loser and totally biased but on this occasion, I really thought they didn't. profligate finishing, game of his life goalie and poor refereeing.

And when I read the snide remarks by the likes of (the shrunken headed) Farke - I really pray our wonderful team and management are able to repeat last year's performance and shove his words back down his throat come end of season.

Anyway guess I irrationally do care too much and want to see us win every game - COYB

I’m sorry to hear that you have health issues. I hope things improve for you soon. Mrs C was diagnosed with a major health problem too three days after my dad’s funeral. But on Saturday, like you, I was gutted and cared about the performance and result. A lot. I too was disappointed but for the supporters mainly. Our players? They have to wear that one as does McKenna.

You can’t say this about any performance under KM other than this one - Saturday was utterly unacceptable. Maidstone deserved and rightly received their plaudits. Wonderful for them. But we should not have allowed that to happen under any circumstances. Not with the gap in number of divisions between us and them.

Watching it I thought we were arrogant (players thinking they could do it all on their own), disorganised and lopsided. McKenna talked about respecting the opposition. It didn’t look much like it to me. Yes, the players gave 100%. But frankly, MU looked more professional than we did. The club’s reputation in 90 mins was shovelled back into the dirt. We are a laughing stock and deserve it.

I don’t think Saturday can be brushed away as ‘one of those things’ it really wasn’t. Luck? You make your own. Hitting the woodwork is the same as sending it into the car park. Bad ref decisions? If you do your work against 6th tier Maidstone and put the game away, who cares if their player grabs a shirt and they get a goal from it.

The key from that though is what do we do now? Answer: Learn the lesson. We dust ourselves down and slam into Preston on Saturday. Anything less and our season is in danger of shrivelling away.

Oh and as an aside no more tinpot ‘fans greetings’ like the nonsense before the Norwich game. Be professional, get the job done and party when it’s done, flares buses and the full nine yards. That way we can turn the laughter back on all those laughing at us and they can shove it where the sun don’t shine.

This rant is very OTT and a bit unfair, but rightly or wrongly it’s how I feel about it a couple of days on.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 11:27 - Jan 29 with 1871 viewsKentish_Tractor

I'm annoyed at the result obviously and yes we'll get our fair share of stick for it. I'm more annoyed at the lost revenue that we desperately need for transfers than the result. On another day we win that 6-0. We're not going to win the FA Cup so for me it's all about the league now. Forget about it and move on. Hopefully the players will use it as motivation - this bunch do seem to care - to make sure we dont make the same mistakes and we bury our chances. As others have said, no point crying over spilt milk.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 1801 viewsbaxterbasics

It's no great shakes being dumped out the cup - although the 'embarrassment' factor at being on the wrong end of one of the biggest shock results ever is annoying.

Here's the thing - if a genie appeared and said we could change the result to a 6-0 win, but at the cost of a single point in the league, I wouldn't take it. No thank you sir.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 03:30 - Jan 30 with 1460 viewsGarv

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 10:41 - Jan 29 by Churchman

I’m sorry to hear that you have health issues. I hope things improve for you soon. Mrs C was diagnosed with a major health problem too three days after my dad’s funeral. But on Saturday, like you, I was gutted and cared about the performance and result. A lot. I too was disappointed but for the supporters mainly. Our players? They have to wear that one as does McKenna.

You can’t say this about any performance under KM other than this one - Saturday was utterly unacceptable. Maidstone deserved and rightly received their plaudits. Wonderful for them. But we should not have allowed that to happen under any circumstances. Not with the gap in number of divisions between us and them.

Watching it I thought we were arrogant (players thinking they could do it all on their own), disorganised and lopsided. McKenna talked about respecting the opposition. It didn’t look much like it to me. Yes, the players gave 100%. But frankly, MU looked more professional than we did. The club’s reputation in 90 mins was shovelled back into the dirt. We are a laughing stock and deserve it.

I don’t think Saturday can be brushed away as ‘one of those things’ it really wasn’t. Luck? You make your own. Hitting the woodwork is the same as sending it into the car park. Bad ref decisions? If you do your work against 6th tier Maidstone and put the game away, who cares if their player grabs a shirt and they get a goal from it.

The key from that though is what do we do now? Answer: Learn the lesson. We dust ourselves down and slam into Preston on Saturday. Anything less and our season is in danger of shrivelling away.

Oh and as an aside no more tinpot ‘fans greetings’ like the nonsense before the Norwich game. Be professional, get the job done and party when it’s done, flares buses and the full nine yards. That way we can turn the laughter back on all those laughing at us and they can shove it where the sun don’t shine.

This rant is very OTT and a bit unfair, but rightly or wrongly it’s how I feel about it a couple of days on.

OTT indeed.

Anything less than a win on Saturday and our season is in danger of shrivelling away? Bloody hell.

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 07:18 - Jan 30 with 1313 viewsBluespeed225

Social media shock innit. I can remember a team, who, at the time, were looking at winning the old first Division, getting turned over by Shrewsbury. And the same club, while the team was not as strong, but had some very, very good players still, getting done there again 2 years later! Don't think it was mentioned again after the weekend by the papers! Col U -Leeds 71'. Thats a Cup upset. Ah, Ray Crawford you legend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024