Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling to care too much about yesterday 10:11 - Jan 28 with 3400 viewsGarv

A few reasons:

I'd rather that happened than lose against a fellow EFL club, even a Championship side. It's a freak result.

We battered them and just couldn't stick the ball in the net early enough. Aluko could have sneezed the ball in with his chance but somehow put it wide. We played as well as we could have expected to, bar the finishing touches.

Hutchinson and Jeremy were, as most people have said, very good and unlucky not to score. Only criticism of the former would be that I wanted to see him go on the outside a bit more often and try and beat his man for pace.

There's no indication this will have any negative affect on the league. We've bounced back from every other set back. We should just look forward to PNE now with our captain back and hopefully a couple of new players. I said a couple of months ago that whatever happens this season after the start we had it will have been a brilliant season, that comfortably still stands.

Oh and fair play to Maidstone. Biggest result they'll ever have and they deserved it based on the quality of their finishing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 07:23 - Jan 30 with 361 viewsRobTheMonk

I think we should always care about results regardless of opposition or tournament. Even pre-season games set a precedent.

We quite simply should not be losing at home to Maidstone. There is an element of them having a lottery-winning like game against us and their keeper having the game of his life, but still, we need to be putting away those chances.

But, when everything goes wrong, we move along. Next game.
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 301 viewsBluespeed225

Level of opposition is the factor upsetting most I think, but we've had many, many, more 'costly' defeats that have left me shattered. I'll start with Bolton away 2002. Norwich home 2011 didn't bother me, nothing in it for us. What are other readers faves?
Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 11:48 - Jan 30 with 293 viewspointofblue

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 11:43 - Jan 30 by Bluespeed225

Level of opposition is the factor upsetting most I think, but we've had many, many, more 'costly' defeats that have left me shattered. I'll start with Bolton away 2002. Norwich home 2011 didn't bother me, nothing in it for us. What are other readers faves?

Middlesbrough at home in 18/19. That was the one where I realised we were going down.

Southampton’s win at Portman Road in 01/02. The Liverpool thrashing was unexpected but could have been put down to one of those days. But we then followed it up by looking clueless in our next game and never recovered.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 15:55 - Jan 30 with 238 viewsbluesym

Struggling to care too much about yesterday on 11:48 - Jan 30 by pointofblue

Middlesbrough at home in 18/19. That was the one where I realised we were going down.

Southampton’s win at Portman Road in 01/02. The Liverpool thrashing was unexpected but could have been put down to one of those days. But we then followed it up by looking clueless in our next game and never recovered.

'One of those days' aka Burley pickng the hopeless Andy Marshall over Sereni.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024