Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC related really random things you remember 23:06 - Jan 12 with 2597 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. The referee who postponed our match at Hull in December 1989 due to a waterlogged pitch was A. Flood.

2. The Town mascot for our home game v Southampton, captained by Kevin Keegan, was a lad by the name of Kevin Keagan.

Any more for any more?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 08:17 - Jan 13 by Menton

I remember a cat getting into the pitch versus I think Crewe c 1999?

Lucky Kurt Zouma wasn't playing then!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 543 viewsJrm_72

In the 90's, David Johnson tussling with a defender down the right side and ended up ripping his shorts clean off him. Think that made Question of Sports "what happened next?"
ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 541 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 00:13 - Jan 13 by rgp1

Yes he was and the kick off was delayed nearly an hour so the fire service could rescue him. 3-0 win on the opening day though. Trotter scored a couple.

He was still up on the roof when the game started, he was got down at half time if my memory serves me well. Can remember looking up, to our left and seeing the dust, presumably asbestos, falling.

Problem was due to parked cars the rescue vehicle couldn’t get near the stand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:14 - Jan 13 with 537 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wearing orange shorts with blue shirts at Sheffield Wednesday (I think it was) because the shorts clashed.

6-4 vs Crewe where neither side could defend and it was a question of who was going to score more.

The comeback from 0-2 down with 10 men vs Sheffield United (first match after Dale Roberts died and I think Bowditch and Bent inspired).

Some dodgy guy selling a fanzine outside the ground. What was that called? I wonder what happened to it and him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 529 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:45 - Jan 12 by gainsboroughblue

From memory, we literally used Grantham to turn around as we knew the game had gone about half an hour or so beforehand.

Good old Radio 5 (may even have been the old radio 2 back then) told us. No Twitter or Facebook rolling news!

Yep, would have been the old Radio 2.

I was on one of the two Eastern National coaches (as they were then, resplendent in yellow and green!), it was my first away game - or was supposed to be.

There was also a coach of Southend fans going to their game at Grimsby. They went on, we went home. Think their game was then called off less than an hour before kick-off.

Tried again at Port Vale on New Year’s Day a couple of weeks later and it chucked it down all day. We lost 0-5.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:48 - Jan 13 with 486 viewsbluesym

The 'Lowe don't go' banner at WBA away,last,game,of the 89/90 season (I think) and same game Chris Neville made his only appearance for us in goal!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 12:34 - Jan 13 with 430 viewsVegtablue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:11 - Jan 13 by Pinewoodblue

He was still up on the roof when the game started, he was got down at half time if my memory serves me well. Can remember looking up, to our left and seeing the dust, presumably asbestos, falling.

Problem was due to parked cars the rescue vehicle couldn’t get near the stand.

That's how I remember it, bonkers stuff and a big H&S lucky escape.

Sitting next to Southampton's mascot at St Mary's. He arrived 5 minutes' late, smelt like a mascot and had an animal head in a big bag, fur sticking out of his clothes. I've later come to wonder if was just a civvy, but why did he come like that on his own?
ITFC related really random things you remember on 12:48 - Jan 13 with 414 viewsgainsboroughblue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:16 - Jan 13 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, would have been the old Radio 2.

I was on one of the two Eastern National coaches (as they were then, resplendent in yellow and green!), it was my first away game - or was supposed to be.

There was also a coach of Southend fans going to their game at Grimsby. They went on, we went home. Think their game was then called off less than an hour before kick-off.

Tried again at Port Vale on New Year’s Day a couple of weeks later and it chucked it down all day. We lost 0-5.

That's it. I can remember having a semi serious conversation at Grantham services trying to persuade Irene Davey and Savage (can't recall his first name) to head to that Grimsby v Southend game on the grounds that the day wouldn't be a 'complete waste'.

Suffice to say we were seeing road signs for Peterborough and the like shortly after.

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC related really random things you remember on 12:49 - Jan 13 with 407 viewsGeoffSentence

Kieran Dyer scoring against Watford with, as it turned out, a broken leg and the tannoy announcing 'Can Kieran Dyer's mum please come to the changing room' at half time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ITFC related really random things you remember on 12:52 - Jan 13 with 394 viewstractordownsouth

Jimmy Bullard refusing 11 year old me an autograph back at Bristol City #notbitter

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

ITFC related really random things you remember on 12:53 - Jan 13 with 390 viewsgainsboroughblue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:48 - Jan 13 by bluesym

The 'Lowe don't go' banner at WBA away,last,game,of the 89/90 season (I think) and same game Chris Neville made his only appearance for us in goal!

Was also Duncan's last game in charge of us. And also Brian Talbot's last for WBA.

We were 3 up within 20 mins and there were ironic 'Duncan please stay' chants. In saying that, I can't remember if we were sure Duncan was leaving after that. There had been pitch demonstrations for a couple of home games before that, one turning pretty ugly, and it seemed inevitable he was going.

ITFC related really random things you remember on 12:54 - Jan 13 with 383 viewsTrequartista

Steve Claridge - Leicester - Shorts on back to front.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 13:45 - Jan 13 with 330 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:30 - Jan 12 by Zx1988

Tranmere having to wear ITFC training kit at Portman Road in the late 90s, having not brought with them a non-clashing TRFC kit.

Simpler times, eh?!

That was actually a third kit provided by Core for 1995/96.

The frustration was they were aware of the clash the year before in 1996/97 when we had to wear the Green/Claret strip against them, which was coincidentally the last game John Wark ever played for Town.

Tranmere were told there was no issue and didn’t bring the away strips and the only kit we had unregistered was that unused red third.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/ipswich-town-1996-97-third-kit/
[Post edited 13 Jan 13:48]
ITFC related really random things you remember on 13:51 - Jan 13 with 307 viewsTractorCam

Rob Chandler desperate to find Steve Finch over the tannoy.

Linesman falling over the cameraman's hole in the ground infront of the Magnus Stand.

Andy D'Urso lapping up the pre match boos from the away end at Watford in 2015.

I Gotta Feeling blasting out the speakers after we beat Derby in 2009/10, the first win of the season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 14:52 - Jan 13 with 270 viewsSharkey

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:14 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wearing orange shorts with blue shirts at Sheffield Wednesday (I think it was) because the shorts clashed.

6-4 vs Crewe where neither side could defend and it was a question of who was going to score more.

The comeback from 0-2 down with 10 men vs Sheffield United (first match after Dale Roberts died and I think Bowditch and Bent inspired).

Some dodgy guy selling a fanzine outside the ground. What was that called? I wonder what happened to it and him.

Now that ( point 1) is a PROPER away kit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024