Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And I mean this completely joking around 12:24 - Dec 28 with 1804 viewstextbackup

I hope Morsy and Mass are in Burgess’ ear saying ‘well we clearly care about this club more than you as we’ve sacked off the international duties’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:26 - Dec 28 with 1776 viewsMuncher

I hope they’re not. Totally different scenarios. Burgess should go, we have cover. Luongo and Mass are at the end of their international careers, Burgess is only starting.
And I mean this completely joking around on 12:30 - Dec 28 with 1727 viewsJakeITFC

I know you're messing, but I do feel like Burgess really deserves this major tournament go as a reward for his turnaround.

Easy to forget that it was him and Nsiala playing together in that absolutely horrendous replay defeat by Barrow in the cup (only just over two years ago!) and based on the performance that night I'd have driven him into the sea let alone leaving him in Barrow. Now he is a key component of the way we play - imperious in the air, confident to give and receive the ball in dangerous areas at the back and a much improved long passer. Whilst promotion is obviously all of our aims, I think it's amazing for him personally that he could potentially be in a Premier League squad next season having started for his country at a major tournament (and with a World Cup around the corner).
And I mean this completely joking around on 12:34 - Dec 28 with 1677 viewsle2blue

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:30 - Dec 28 by JakeITFC

I know you're messing, but I do feel like Burgess really deserves this major tournament go as a reward for his turnaround.

Easy to forget that it was him and Nsiala playing together in that absolutely horrendous replay defeat by Barrow in the cup (only just over two years ago!) and based on the performance that night I'd have driven him into the sea let alone leaving him in Barrow. Now he is a key component of the way we play - imperious in the air, confident to give and receive the ball in dangerous areas at the back and a much improved long passer. Whilst promotion is obviously all of our aims, I think it's amazing for him personally that he could potentially be in a Premier League squad next season having started for his country at a major tournament (and with a World Cup around the corner).

Don't disagree...but the chance to continue and cement your place in a team that gets promotion to the premier league is massive, and i'm sure its a decision playing on his mind. Won't be surprised to see us sign someone in his position as we dont have another left footer who can provide same type of cover, so he might find it tough to get his place back (Say if we signed Adam Webster). Big call.
And I mean this completely joking around on 12:34 - Dec 28 with 1679 viewsSteve_M

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:30 - Dec 28 by JakeITFC

Yes, agree with that.

I wasn't sure Burgess could step up to the Championship, let alone be as good as he has, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. His progression under McK has been impressive.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:39 - Dec 28 with 1615 viewsTractorCam

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:34 - Dec 28 by le2blue

Don't disagree...but the chance to continue and cement your place in a team that gets promotion to the premier league is massive, and i'm sure its a decision playing on his mind. Won't be surprised to see us sign someone in his position as we dont have another left footer who can provide same type of cover, so he might find it tough to get his place back (Say if we signed Adam Webster). Big call.

He's only recently cemented his spot as starting centre back for Australia. There should be no qualms with him going to play in an international tournament, something he probably never thought would happen a year ago.

Morsy and Mass would only be bench warmers and they know that. It's brilliant for us that they want to stick around to help us push on, but it's a totally different scenario to that of Burgess.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:43 - Dec 28 with 1562 viewsle2blue

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:39 - Dec 28 by TractorCam

He's only recently cemented his spot as starting centre back for Australia. There should be no qualms with him going to play in an international tournament, something he probably never thought would happen a year ago.

Morsy and Mass would only be bench warmers and they know that. It's brilliant for us that they want to stick around to help us push on, but it's a totally different scenario to that of Burgess.

As is said, I completely agree, and he should go. But this manager and team waits for no man, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone come in to take his place, and that person could become key to the team and Burgess is then back on the bench. I'm sure he has confidence in his ability, but it must be a tough call to make for any player in his situation...in particular Burgess who 12 months ago was in and out of a 3rd division team and is now on the verge of the premier league.
And I mean this completely joking around on 13:14 - Dec 28 with 1435 viewsRyorry

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:43 - Dec 28 by le2blue

As is said, I completely agree, and he should go. But this manager and team waits for no man, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone come in to take his place, and that person could become key to the team and Burgess is then back on the bench. I'm sure he has confidence in his ability, but it must be a tough call to make for any player in his situation...in particular Burgess who 12 months ago was in and out of a 3rd division team and is now on the verge of the premier league.

Percentages isn’t it. Being a starter for ITFC in our current position is a one off situation, might never happen again, whereas the opportunity for him to play for Aus in a major competition may well happen again - particularly if he’s playing in the Prem!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

And I mean this completely joking around on 14:31 - Dec 28 with 1224 viewstextbackup

I knew one or two wouldn’t get the joking side to this.

Login to get fewer ads

And I mean this completely joking around on 16:27 - Dec 28 with 1091 viewsBuhrer

And I mean this completely joking around on 14:31 - Dec 28 by textbackup

I think the problem was its got to be very very funny when you make assumptive written statements involving 3 players careers, professionalism and life choices.

Knock knock
(Burgess) who's that?
It's Sam and Mass!
(Burgess) Sam and Mass who?
Sam and Mass taking us to the Prem while you waste your time on international duty !!!!
Roflcoptaz

It needs a little more work.
And I mean this completely joking around on 07:43 - Dec 29 with 929 viewstextbackup

And I mean this completely joking around on 16:27 - Dec 28 by Buhrer

I think the problem was its got to be very very funny when you make assumptive written statements involving 3 players careers, professionalism and life choices.

Knock knock
(Burgess) who's that?
It's Sam and Mass!
Sam and Mass taking us to the Prem while you waste your time on international duty !!!!
Roflcoptaz

Or people to lighten the fck up a bit?
I can see where the problem is in this case

And I mean this completely joking around on 07:53 - Dec 29 with 914 viewsBuhrer

And I mean this completely joking around on 07:43 - Dec 29 by textbackup

Or people to lighten the fck up a bit?
I can see where the problem is in this case

Now everyone can.

Knock knock

Who's there

textbackup

textbackup who?

textbackup getting grumpy at 07:43 and needs to lighten the fck up.

And I mean this completely joking around on 07:55 - Dec 29 with 903 viewstextbackup

And I mean this completely joking around on 07:53 - Dec 29 by Buhrer

Now everyone can.

Knock knock

Who's there

textbackup

textbackup who?

textbackup getting grumpy at 07:43 and needs to lighten the fck up.

Up way before that my man 👍

And I mean this completely joking around on 08:16 - Dec 29 with 853 viewsBuhrer

And I mean this completely joking around on 07:55 - Dec 29 by textbackup

Up way before that my man 👍

Did you hear the one about the man that woke up so early he didn't know where the sun was?

Eventually it dawned on him.
And I mean this completely joking around on 08:39 - Dec 29 with 811 viewsArchiRob

And I mean this completely joking around on 14:31 - Dec 28 by textbackup

Sarcasm is often lost too!
And I mean this completely joking around on 09:25 - Dec 29 with 734 viewspointofblue

I think the bigger risk for Burgess is if he loses his place at Town because he goes on international duty. But the truth is he is a starter for Australia (unlike Luongo and Morsy, who are benchwarmers for their side), so of course he should go.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

And I mean this completely joking around on 12:01 - Dec 29 with 579 viewsEwan_Oozami

And I mean this completely joking around on 16:27 - Dec 28 by Buhrer

Knock knock
(Burgess) who's that?
It's Sam and Mass!
Roflcoptaz

Surely you mean:

Sam and Massimwhoooo-ah ah

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024