Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matthew Sorinola 09:10 - Dec 29 with 1992 viewstractorboy1978

I wonder if he might be someone we are in for. Just mutually terminated his contract with Union SG in Belgium.

22 years old, ex Fulham youngster (where he worked with Charlie Turnbull) and ex MK Dons/Swansea with Russell Martin. Very much a McKenna type full back. High energy, can play either side, plenty of room for development.
Matthew Sorinola on 09:16 - Dec 29 with 1921 viewsGuthrum

Would probably require losing Williams. Having another (young) FB on the books when we already have four and other positions more urgently need strengthening seems a bit indulgent.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Matthew Sorinola on 09:44 - Dec 29 with 1736 viewsHorsham

Matthew Sorinola on 09:16 - Dec 29 by Guthrum

Would probably require losing Williams. Having another (young) FB on the books when we already have four and other positions more urgently need strengthening seems a bit indulgent.

I beg to differ. I think it makes a lot of sense as Williams isn’t our player and Davis will almost certainly be sold in the summer if we don’t go up. Makes a lot of sense from a continuity point of view.

I don’t disagree that we have more pressing needs but that’s not a reason to not do something with the full back position.
Matthew Sorinola on 09:47 - Dec 29 with 1698 viewsZx1988

Any insight as to why he terminated his contract?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Matthew Sorinola on 09:48 - Dec 29 with 1692 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Matthew Sorinola on 09:16 - Dec 29 by Guthrum

That’s if Williams is still here post Jan. it’s very mysterious his lack of game time, such a quality player.
Matthew Sorinola on 09:53 - Dec 29 with 1637 viewsUSA

Matthew Sorinola on 09:48 - Dec 29 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That’s if Williams is still here post Jan. it’s very mysterious his lack of game time, such a quality player.

Agreed. Williams seems likely to be gone in January.
Matthew Sorinola on 10:02 - Dec 29 with 1562 viewsKieran_Knows

We was interested last summer before he went to Swansea on loan for the season…

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Matthew Sorinola on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 1471 viewstractorboy1978

Matthew Sorinola on 09:44 - Dec 29 by Horsham

I beg to differ. I think it makes a lot of sense as Williams isn’t our player and Davis will almost certainly be sold in the summer if we don’t go up. Makes a lot of sense from a continuity point of view.

I don’t disagree that we have more pressing needs but that’s not a reason to not do something with the full back position.

Yes, continuity is important. Donacien won't be here beyond the end of the season either. He's going to get next to no (if any) game time between now and the end of the season either. He can't play the full back way the way McKenna really wants him to.

As KK says below - Sorinola has been a previous target. If we can pick him up on a free it makes total sense.
Matthew Sorinola on 10:21 - Dec 29 with 1431 viewstractorboy1978

Matthew Sorinola on 09:47 - Dec 29 by Zx1988

Any insight as to why he terminated his contract?

I just don't think the move to Belgium has really worked out for whatever reason. Union SG are top of the Belgian top division and playing in the Europa League so probably moved on from him now and happy to mutually cut ties.
Login to get fewer ads

Matthew Sorinola on 11:30 - Dec 29 with 1185 viewsGuthrum

Matthew Sorinola on 09:44 - Dec 29 by Horsham

All true, however there are a limited number of places in the Registered Squad. We don't have all that much leeway if wanting to strengthen elsewhere as well.

To bring one in, we'd have to let one go. Donacien has a lot more experience than Williams (tho is currently injured). The latter would be the logical one to make way, if Sorinola is at least as good.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Matthew Sorinola on 12:08 - Dec 29 with 1037 viewsHorsham

Matthew Sorinola on 11:30 - Dec 29 by Guthrum

All true, however there are a limited number of places in the Registered Squad. We don't have all that much leeway if wanting to strengthen elsewhere as well.

To bring one in, we'd have to let one go. Donacien has a lot more experience than Williams (tho is currently injured). The latter would be the logical one to make way, if Sorinola is at least as good.

JD is the fourth full back and out of contract at the end of the season, Williams and either we are promoted or Davis will be gone too. Full back is an area we may say a lot of change in the next two windows. A young, decent quality free transfer option now would make a lot of sense.

As you say JD or Williams would have to make way but I’m not sure either would present too much of a problem.
Matthew Sorinola on 12:11 - Dec 29 with 1020 viewsKieran_Knows

Matthew Sorinola on 10:21 - Dec 29 by tractorboy1978

I just don't think the move to Belgium has really worked out for whatever reason. Union SG are top of the Belgian top division and playing in the Europa League so probably moved on from him now and happy to mutually cut ties.

I imagine part of that move was the thinking that if he went there and done well, Brighton would pick him up for next to nothing given that Union SG are one of their satellite clubs (both have the same owner).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024