Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong 11:05 - Dec 27 with 11417 viewsunstableblue

Here’s my thoughts:

1) Having just watched the 9min+ highlights, it was an even more exciting game and an even better Town performance than I remembered. I think I got caught up in some negative thoughts as their team were of such high quality and they were ripping us on their left with abandon early stages. But that second half especially we played some excellent stuff, numerous players went up a gear from the first half - Davis and Clarke come to mind

2) Leicester were very good at times and in passages of play. They have numerous players who for me could play in a top 8 Premier side. It shows the level we need to aspire to - and our attacking options for one, compared to theirs are so much weaker. But McKenna ball and our culture gives us such a difference engine. We just need more quality. Mavididi, Ndidi, and Dewsbury-Hall have such technical ability but also such pace and strength. I thought Faes was outstanding - but I thought he needed to be as Burns was giving him one hell of a game.

3) The atmosphere has been discussed already. It was poor first half, but I think that reflected nerves at how good Leicester were playing at times. Interesting to note someone saying ‘that’s how town fans are’… well around me at the Norwich EVERYONE was going mental, and in that second half last night the same thing briefly happened as Town Turned the screw and the energy was flowing. I did note Chaplin cupping his ear on numerous occasions and trying to fire up the North Stand - for me he was stating “we’re doing it on the pitch here, now back us” - and the Lower North did fire up. But the North Stand is a problem this season.

4) Mavididi and the left side were a problem for the first half and start of the second. Clarke pulls into a back 3, to release Davis on the other side. Leaving the Leicester winger acres and Burns was staying high, to be fair quite effectively. The goal is unstoppable though, I don’t think Hladky was at fault. There are few players in the league who can score that. But crucially Clarke improved and teamed better with Wolfenden. And for me Clarke is improving week in week out. Stick with him. He was excellent like Wolfenden in bringing the ball out. Wolfenden was superb last night.

5) Attacking quality is an issue, we had a hell of a lot of dangerous moments around their box last night. Ridiculous number of shots. But we are just a short in depth and quality. I actually think Jackson caused them a lot of problems, but can’t see him hitting the back of the net. Hirst loss is a blow as he frees Chaplin and supplies him. Hutchison did some great stuff. Ladapo had moments. Broadhead was both brilliant and frustratingly error strewn. We need January business - but I still think we can get goals in the must win game on Friday. Can we play Broadhead and Harness?? Is there a role for Ladapo.

6) Belief in ourselves last night was pivotal - we went into our shell, started playing the simpler easier ball, when Leicester dominated. But we got our belief back - Harness for one was beating players, Taylor too. I thought those two showed that whilst they don’t have £30m price tags they can cut it. If we’d lost and got outplayed like at Elland Road in the second half, I think would have really knocked the season. But McKenna is a genius and he sets the culture we need. This could be a pivotal game in the season. Need to now get three points against QPR and get the ground rocking again.

COYB. What a season. What a manager. What a team. Best season since the Burley years by far.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 11:10]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 12:48 - Dec 28 with 1006 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 12:30 - Dec 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

"I used the term once".

You little liar.

"there's no skill in it"

Why do you continue to post on a subject you're so evidently clueless about?

Nope. I used it once. Gav asked me not to use it again. I didn't. You however have. As have others.

There is no skill when hitting a ball with laces. It's power. There's no control. That's just how it is. If you feel different then good for you but you're wrong.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 13:47 - Dec 28 with 951 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 12:48 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Nope. I used it once. Gav asked me not to use it again. I didn't. You however have. As have others.

There is no skill when hitting a ball with laces. It's power. There's no control. That's just how it is. If you feel different then good for you but you're wrong.

"Soccer Skills in 60 Seconds: Striking the Ball With Your Laces"

https://blayze.io/blog/soccer/60-second-soccer-skills-striking-with-your-laces

No, you're wrong. Again. You are so ignorant, and actually proud of your ignorance.
You should change your sig to "My posts are knowledge free..."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 13:58 - Dec 28 with 923 viewsStokieBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 12:48 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

"There is no skill when hitting a ball with laces. It's power. There's no control. That's just how it is. If you feel different then good for you but you're wrong"

This is simply incorrect and sounds like it's coming from someone who has never actually played football.

It's pretty weird to make an incorrect statement and then tell everyone that disagrees with you that they are wrong.

You're just trolling now aren't you? Arguing for 24 hours after we have played well, insulting people in other languages and posting things which are demonstrably incorrect.

You've even started patronising a well respected national journalist who was up for a prestigious award this month stating that he doesn't know what formation Town were playing against Leeds.

SB
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 14:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:05 - Dec 28 with 921 viewsBuhrer

https://www.wikihow.com/Knuckle-a-Soccer-Ball
6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:17 - Dec 28 with 895 viewsredrickstuhaart

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 13:58 - Dec 28 by StokieBlue

"There is no skill when hitting a ball with laces. It's power. There's no control. That's just how it is. If you feel different then good for you but you're wrong"

This is simply incorrect and sounds like it's coming from someone who has never actually played football.

It's pretty weird to make an incorrect statement and then tell everyone that disagrees with you that they are wrong.

You're just trolling now aren't you? Arguing for 24 hours after we have played well, insulting people in other languages and posting things which are demonstrably incorrect.

You've even started patronising a well respected national journalist who was up for a prestigious award this month stating that he doesn't know what formation Town were playing against Leeds.

SB

Hitting through with laces is a very difficult skill to perform well and with control. But doable. By no means all about power.
6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:52 - Dec 28 with 853 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’m not joining in but in terms of the bit about hitting a ball with your laces. I like many others on here played to quite a high standard (with the likes of Dozzell Sr back in the day blah blah blah ) anyway , striking a ball with the laces is a different skill in itself and not purely power

Sorry but you’re talking utter cràp. It’s total pony what you’ve suggested and you know it

Other than that I’m definitely not getting involved in anything else with you Frimmers other than I hope you have a New Year’s resolution that relates to posting styles

All the best

Poll: If it were one or the other

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 839 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 13:58 - Dec 28 by StokieBlue

SB

Again SB. I haven't insulted anyone through a different language if you've taken time to tell lies then at least learn what I replied with to the one who actually insulted using a different language.

Regarding your last point. What the fk are you on about. No formations were discussed. Another lie. But that's you all over.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:55 - Dec 28 with 834 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:05 - Dec 28 by Buhrer

https://www.wikihow.com/Knuckle-a-Soccer-Ball

Why have you linked a page about a freekick technique. How odd.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:57 - Dec 28 with 820 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 13:47 - Dec 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Soccer Skills in 60 Seconds: Striking the Ball With Your Laces"

https://blayze.io/blog/soccer/60-second-soccer-skills-striking-with-your-laces

No, you're wrong. Again. You are so ignorant, and actually proud of your ignorance.
You should change your sig to "My posts are knowledge free..."

No not wrong. But thank you for finding a link to where someone says look at the ball. Wow.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:12 - Dec 28 with 797 viewsPinewoodblue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:54 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Again SB. I haven't insulted anyone through a different language if you've taken time to tell lies then at least learn what I replied with to the one who actually insulted using a different language.

Regarding your last point. What the fk are you on about. No formations were discussed. Another lie. But that's you all over.

The offending post has been removed.

If you didn't appreciate your post was offensive then you have a problem. May I suggest in future, if you intend to insult in other languages, that you translate it back into english before posting to ensure it is what you want to say.

If your post wasn't offencive it wouldn't have been removed.

Yes I reported it as abuse but if you recall I did invite you to remove it before doing so. . Instead of doing so you responded .

You nchose to lie rather than back down. Give it a rest

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:36 - Dec 28 with 756 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 14:57 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

No not wrong. But thank you for finding a link to where someone says look at the ball. Wow.

It lists striking the ball with your laces as a skill and mentions a lot more than just looking at the ball.

You're a troll or an idiot. Or both.

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:51 - Dec 28 with 719 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:12 - Dec 28 by Pinewoodblue

The offending post has been removed.

If you didn't appreciate your post was offensive then you have a problem. May I suggest in future, if you intend to insult in other languages, that you translate it back into english before posting to ensure it is what you want to say.

If your post wasn't offencive it wouldn't have been removed.

Yes I reported it as abuse but if you recall I did invite you to remove it before doing so. . Instead of doing so you responded .

You nchose to lie rather than back down. Give it a rest

I know mine wasn't an offensive response. You reported the wrong thing so well done you. Very big of you. Now stop being a sheep. Good lad.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:52 - Dec 28 with 714 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:36 - Dec 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

It lists striking the ball with your laces as a skill and mentions a lot more than just looking at the ball.

You're a troll or an idiot. Or both.

You get so triggered by someone with a different view Flash its not healthy.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:56 - Dec 28 with 721 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:52 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

You get so triggered by someone with a different view Flash its not healthy.

Deflection.

It's not a different view. It's an incorrect view. I've literally proved it and you've said that link only says "look at the ball" which it doesn't.

I'm not remotely triggered, there's nothing to be triggered about when reading someone displaying their ignorance for all to see.

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:58 - Dec 28 with 706 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:56 - Dec 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Deflection.

It's not a different view. It's an incorrect view. I've literally proved it and you've said that link only says "look at the ball" which it doesn't.

I'm not remotely triggered, there's nothing to be triggered about when reading someone displaying their ignorance for all to see.

You get so angry flash. I'm concerned for you.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:14 - Dec 28 with 694 viewsPinewoodblue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:51 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

I know mine wasn't an offensive response. You reported the wrong thing so well done you. Very big of you. Now stop being a sheep. Good lad.

If you don't believe the use of a 4 letter word, beginning with 6th letter of the alphabet, is offensive then you really do have a problem.

Keep digging you will soon be drowning in the pacific.

To be fair the post you were responding to wasn't very polite but the description given reflected your recent posting record..

2023 year of destiny

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:16 - Dec 28 with 681 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:14 - Dec 28 by Pinewoodblue

If you don't believe the use of a 4 letter word, beginning with 6th letter of the alphabet, is offensive then you really do have a problem.

Keep digging you will soon be drowning in the pacific.

To be fair the post you were responding to wasn't very polite but the description given reflected your recent posting record..

Depends on the context where its used. In this case. Not at all.

It's funny how you say theirs wasn't very polite. Theirs was offensive and abusive.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:17 - Dec 28 with 676 viewsStokieBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:16 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

It's funny how you say theirs wasn't very polite. Theirs was offensive and abusive.

Like calling the admin and fellow posters d1ckheads?

Is that offensive and abusive?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:21 - Dec 28 with 670 viewsBuhrer

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:16 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

You've spent all day on here being a div. Grow up.
6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:23 - Dec 28 with 666 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 15:58 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

You get so angry flash. I'm concerned for you.

I'm not remotely angry. I'm actually laughing. At you.

Deflection, again. Keep deflecting rather than admit you're wrong.

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:31 - Dec 28 with 640 viewsPinewoodblue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:17 - Dec 28 by StokieBlue

SB

Think you can get away with dickhead, which was what Frimley was called.

[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 16:32]

2023 year of destiny

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:46 - Dec 28 with 599 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:17 - Dec 28 by StokieBlue

SB

Yes and I was banned SB. That was 3 years ago BTW.

But you're talking about a polite response today that wasn't. And a response you hadn't even read otherwise you'd know it wasn't offensive. It contained a swear word yes.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:48 - Dec 28 with 583 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:23 - Dec 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Then relax. Chill out. Don't get so worked up.

Waka waka eh eh

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:59 - Dec 28 with 561 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:23 - Dec 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is actually ludicrous to read now, Frimley’s made this an absolute bin fire of a thread.

It can’t be long before Uncle Phil issues him a red card…
6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 17:02 - Dec 28 with 551 viewsFrimleyBlue

6 observations from last night - a top of the table ding dong on 16:59 - Dec 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

This is actually ludicrous to read now, Frimley’s made this an absolute bin fire of a thread.

It can’t be long before Uncle Phil issues him a red card…

Don't open and read it then.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024