Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was nothing like Leeds 21:49 - Dec 26 with 1192 viewsMullet

Yeah, that was a lucky goal in terms of execution given it pinged about and in but I defy anyone to say we didn't deserve that.

Huge loss of Hirst and we might be seeing that in the next few games but Leicester are so good. Quality all over, made them produce a bit of magic to lead and my mate was texting me saying they felt they should be 4-0 up.

They'll really hurt from that, probably gonna hump us at their place but what a point. Stops us being beaten 2 on the bounce, means Soton have to win two more than us to catch us. Lots to pick out there.

Will defend Clarke here too. Clearly he'd been told to narrow up and force their man out wide as they have so much through the middle (Ampadu on Saturday anyone?) and it worked. Jackson looked a League one player at times but the graft and guts from him really unsettled them, Harness was much more successful for me in that regard.

McKenna clearly picked running and guts tonight and to then lose our main striker was really a mark of adversity. Massive that. Massive.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:00 - Dec 26 with 1077 viewsEireannach_gorm

Agree with most of this except that Clark showed his lack of pace so should have been holding Mavididis shorts for the whole game.Jackson is a whole hearted player but as you say not of Championship standard. I think we got away with one there because our attack was pretty weak tonight. We also need to be getting better returns from corners and surprised that McKenna has not sorted this area.
That was nothing like Leeds on 22:05 - Dec 26 with 1044 viewsMullet

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:00 - Dec 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Agree with most of this except that Clark showed his lack of pace so should have been holding Mavididis shorts for the whole game.Jackson is a whole hearted player but as you say not of Championship standard. I think we got away with one there because our attack was pretty weak tonight. We also need to be getting better returns from corners and surprised that McKenna has not sorted this area.

I think that does a massive disservice to the lad he was up against who is one of many in that team that shouldn't be in this league. I do wonder how many they'll lose in the summer to top division teams home and abroad.

Burgess was very unlucky with his header but likewise the short one to Chaplin isn;t going to work every game teams are looking for it now.

For me Lids are a team with Prem players being badly mismanaged by a charlatan. Leicester are a Prem team who fell through the trapdoor somehow. We stepped to them tonight and should be taking nothing for granted.

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:18 - Dec 26 with 950 viewsMoriarty

I thought we were a little fortunate not to be facing a greater deficit at leathama (half time).

Thought they could hurt us.

A point is a relief, and a display of our resolve. It would have been a bitter pill to come away with zip. There was this race horse once. He was called Refuse to Bend. That’s us.

January looms. We’re still in this. Big time.

fka omuircheartaigh

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:30 - Dec 26 with 855 viewsSharkey

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:18 - Dec 26 by Moriarty

I thought we were a little fortunate not to be facing a greater deficit at leathama (half time).

Thought they could hurt us.

A point is a relief, and a display of our resolve. It would have been a bitter pill to come away with zip. There was this race horse once. He was called Refuse to Bend. That’s us.

January looms. We’re still in this. Big time.

Both radio commentators thought Town 'got away with one' with Leicester's penalty appeal. And from then on, belief that a point was not beyond reach seemed to grow and grow.
That was nothing like Leeds on 22:48 - Dec 26 with 772 viewsGeoffSentence

Your mate has clearly been on the sauce, they didn't have four decent chances all game. 4-0 my @rse.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:57 - Dec 26 with 733 viewsSwansea_Blue

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:30 - Dec 26 by Sharkey

Both radio commentators thought Town 'got away with one' with Leicester's penalty appeal. And from then on, belief that a point was not beyond reach seemed to grow and grow.

We did. It was a clear shove in the back. The Leeds one was far softer, yet given. Typical EFL referee lottery stuff.

I thought we were good value for the draw overall. We had plenty of control, especially in the 2nd half. First half we created good openings too, but couldn’t get the final ball or finish right.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That was nothing like Leeds on 23:01 - Dec 26 with 701 viewsChrisd

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:30 - Dec 26 by Sharkey

Yes, I thought that was a pen, Burgess blocked him off, but it looked like the ref couldn’t see clearly due to Woolfenden being in the way. If that was in their penalty area I’d be disappointed if that wasn’t given for us.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 9:45]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That was nothing like Leeds on 08:46 - Dec 27 with 476 viewsMullet

That was nothing like Leeds on 22:48 - Dec 26 by GeoffSentence

Your mate has clearly been on the sauce, they didn't have four decent chances all game. 4-0 my @rse.

Think he's counting every chance as them wasting it not us defending it, and the fact we probably got away with a clear penalty. But yes, I think that's why my title is so. Leeds got everything no matter what whereas we had some luck and some grit about us tonight too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024