Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! 20:13 - Dec 26 with 4227 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

Jeeeezzzzzz!

How much space do we want to give him?
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:14 - Dec 26 with 2980 viewsChurchman

I agree with the commentary - goalkeeper didn’t cover himself in glory either
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:14 - Dec 26 with 2955 viewsBluecasp

We desperately need a new right back
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:15 - Dec 26 with 2915 viewsDublinBlue84

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:14 - Dec 26 by Churchman

I agree with the commentary - goalkeeper didn’t cover himself in glory either

Must find another scapegoat, couldn't blame Mr Ipswich for crap positioning could we?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:15 - Dec 26 with 2913 viewsTractorWood

Keeper has to be doing more for me. It's 3 feet off the floor and not in the corner.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:16 - Dec 26 with 2897 viewsRyorry

Ridiculous wasn’t it, we were as open as Santa’s Grotto on Christmas Eve.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:16 - Dec 26 with 2892 viewsbelgablue

No idea why Clarke is going across there , but keeper could have done better

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:16 - Dec 26 with 2887 viewsbadadski

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:14 - Dec 26 by Bluecasp

We desperately need a new right back

Clarke should have been charging him down as soon as it was controlled also -
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:17 - Dec 26 with 2846 viewsDublinBlue84

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:15 - Dec 26 by TractorWood

Keeper has to be doing more for me. It's 3 feet off the floor and not in the corner.

Knew it wouldn't be too long before someone managed to deflect blame from Mr Ipswich to someone else.

Login to get fewer ads

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:19 - Dec 26 with 2816 viewsScuzzer

Just have major doubts over Clarke over the last three games. Just gets pulled into the middle on every break against us.
Lets the opposition Wisdeman have so much space.
Clarke was doubling up with Wolfie on one man. By the time he went to cover it was too late.
William's may be the better option at the mo.

Established 1968

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:21 - Dec 26 with 2790 viewsDublinBlue84

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:19 - Dec 26 by Scuzzer

Just have major doubts over Clarke over the last three games. Just gets pulled into the middle on every break against us.
Lets the opposition Wisdeman have so much space.
Clarke was doubling up with Wolfie on one man. By the time he went to cover it was too late.
William's may be the better option at the mo.

Clarke's positioning this year in general has been awful defensively. I can't remember seeing a full back of ours being caught out of position as often as he has done the last couple of months.

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:35 - Dec 26 with 2694 viewsTractorWood

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:21 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

Clarke's positioning this year in general has been awful defensively. I can't remember seeing a full back of ours being caught out of position as often as he has done the last couple of months.

He doesn't naturally have good positioning but often recovers well.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:39 - Dec 26 with 2589 viewsNthQldITFC

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:16 - Dec 26 by belgablue

No idea why Clarke is going across there , but keeper could have done better

Clarke across to cover Woolfie who was across to cover Burgess who went a bit mad into midfield without a midfielder dropping in to cover him.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 2529 viewsSharkey

Mick Mills ln his half-time summary reckoned the mistake for the goal was Burgess's.
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:44 - Dec 26 with 2510 viewsGavTWTD

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:17 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

Knew it wouldn't be too long before someone managed to deflect blame from Mr Ipswich to someone else.

Both at fault

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:45 - Dec 26 with 2492 viewsVic

It’s exactly the sort of lapse that has cost us so many goals at home this season.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:46 - Dec 26 with 2475 viewsNthQldITFC

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:35 - Dec 26 by TractorWood

He doesn't naturally have good positioning but often recovers well.

Recovered really well a couple of times, as did Burgess once brilliantly. I think it's just discipline as a defensive unit and communication rather than any particular player. We tend to slide across both ways - I think we could play a slightly narrower and more solid/static back four, but that would tend to force the opposition down towards the corner flags and result in more crosses to defend rather than attackers running into the corners of the box.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:51 - Dec 26 with 2408 viewsBigCommon

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:39 - Dec 26 by NthQldITFC

Clarke across to cover Woolfie who was across to cover Burgess who went a bit mad into midfield without a midfielder dropping in to cover him.

Still thimk he goes too far over.. He's on the penalty spot when the ball is played to Mavididi in loads of space.... Not exactly sure why he comes inside? There was no man to pick up in the centre. Even though Burgess has vacated and Wolf has shuffled across.. The danger was the spare man out wide..
Don't think Vas was that much at fault. Good finish bent round two defenders, imo.
Clarke's had a mixed game. Made one or two good recovery tackles, but mostly from his own misplaced passes..
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:58 - Dec 26 with 2393 viewsDublinBlue84

Leicester freedom again then on same side, nobody anywhere near them. All coming down that side.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 20:58]

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 22:21 - Dec 26 with 2311 viewsChurchman

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:15 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

Must find another scapegoat, couldn't blame Mr Ipswich for crap positioning could we?

Not scapegoating, I was just commenting on the keeper who I thought might have done a bit better on that.

I’m aware that keepers are the last line of defence so anything that doesn’t go quite right looks worse, but the reality was that despite it being a good strike, I bet he thinks he might have got closer to it and so do I.

Clarke? I wasn’t commenting on him or more particularly the way we defend as a team.
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:21 - Dec 26 with 2162 viewsitfcjoe

Have you not considered that he’s doing what McKenna wants him to do or that he’d have been corrected for it, or replaced by one of the 2 RBs in our squad?

We defend and attack as a team, and very rarely it’s one persons fault when something happens - it’s generally a team breakdown….i appreciate that you might want something more simple to blame

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:25 - Dec 26 with 2115 viewsWicklowBlue

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:21 - Dec 26 by itfcjoe

Have you not considered that he’s doing what McKenna wants him to do or that he’d have been corrected for it, or replaced by one of the 2 RBs in our squad?

We defend and attack as a team, and very rarely it’s one persons fault when something happens - it’s generally a team breakdown….i appreciate that you might want something more simple to blame

100% agree Joe!

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... by WicklowBlue 26 Dec 2023 23:10
Disagree as per my post above. This is where the nuance between zonal and man to man marking is.

Clarke went into the centre to cover for Wolf who had to move over to cover for Burgess. Systemic failure yes, but then you could ask where was Burns?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:45 - Dec 26 with 1993 viewsWickets

Yes its the way we play and the calculated risk we take gives Davis licence to push upfield when we win the ball and break Burgess and Woolf moves over and Clarke slots over towards the middle , whenever possible Burns is meant to drop to cover the winger . It has been spoken about before seem to remember once last season Keiran called risk v gain surprised more have not noticed . No use moaning at Clarke for doing as instructed !
Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:47 - Dec 26 with 1976 viewsbournemouthblue

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 20:16 - Dec 26 by badadski

Clarke should have been charging him down as soon as it was controlled also -

When I first saw the replay, I was trying to figure out where Burns was, he was on Faes further up the pitch

I'm not saying it was Burns fault at all, however I'd rather we left Faes free, rather than Mavididi!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:48 - Dec 26 with 1974 viewspennblue

I would have expected our defensive leader to be organising our defence too though and we do seem to lack that leader at the back

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Mavididi - The Freedom Of Portman Road! on 23:54 - Dec 26 with 1958 viewsEireannach_gorm

I very much doubt that McKenna has told him to vacate the right back position to help out the centre backs. He is not fast enough to recover for poor positional play and not cute enough to just block a speedier opponent. There is a reason that we have conceded twice as many goals as Leicester.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024