Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... 20:14 - Dec 26 with 3851 viewsNeedhamChris

Deary me...

Still plenty of time left - COYB

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:17 - Dec 26 with 3201 viewsDublinBlue84

Been like this for weeks, his positioning has been awful, but he's allowed to get away with it week after week because he is 'Mr Ipswich'

Everytime he makes a mistake people are scrambling to find another scapegoat.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:18 - Dec 26 with 3172 viewsredrickstuhaart

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:17 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

Been like this for weeks, his positioning has been awful, but he's allowed to get away with it week after week because he is 'Mr Ipswich'

Utter nonsense.

People are often critical of him defensively.
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:19 - Dec 26 with 3149 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’ll get blamed for this, but it was Burgess stepping out and completely being done that lead to Woolf and Clarke having to move over. Burgess has to take the ball or at least the man there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:22 - Dec 26 with 3119 viewsDublinBlue84

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:19 - Dec 26 by Swansea_Blue

He’ll get blamed for this, but it was Burgess stepping out and completely being done that lead to Woolf and Clarke having to move over. Burgess has to take the ball or at least the man there.

I note how you take the heat off the two people form the area and blame the one who is not.

Open your eyes and take the blue tinted specs off.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:23 - Dec 26 with 3090 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:22 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

I note how you take the heat off the two people form the area and blame the one who is not.

What?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 3045 viewsBarcaBlue

Clarke was clearly covering for Burgess who was turned too easily and out of position.
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:27 - Dec 26 with 3012 viewsSwailsey

What?

Also, Clarke gets pelters on here all the time. Everything about the OP is just plainly incorrect.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:31 - Dec 26 with 2962 viewsBondiBlue

His positioning (coming inside to cover a centre-back) has been consistent, which indicates it is an instruction.

He's ipswich yes but he's young and very clearly improving. Go easy.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:38 - Dec 26 with 2866 viewsNeedhamChris

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:25 - Dec 26 by BarcaBlue

Clarke was clearly covering for Burgess who was turned too easily and out of position.

Given that Morsy aimed all of his ire towards Clarke after the goal it would suggest he wasn't happy with his contribution either.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 2788 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bet no one will also admit that Morsy has been woeful too.
His half ar6ed tracking of their 25 was why Clarke tucked in. Morsy had lost hom minutes before that when they got a corner.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:43 - Dec 26 with 2778 viewscharlie1

Who was responsible for Clarke sprinting 30 yards straight at a centre mid stood in the centre circle with his foot on the ball giving him all the time in the world to dink the ball into the left winger who suddenly found himself abandoned in acres of space (again)?

Poor positioning combined with frequently poor defensive decision making.

He’s in the side because he’s better with the ball than without it. Trouble is we haven’t had too much of the ball the last couple of games so his weaknesses are massively exposed.
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:55 - Dec 26 with 2655 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:42 - Dec 26 by FrimleyBlue

His half ar6ed tracking of their 25 was why Clarke tucked in. Morsy had lost hom minutes before that when they got a corner.

It’s another day when we’re up against players who are not only individually better, but also coached extremely well as a unit. Morsy’s up against Dewsbury-Hall, Winks and Ndidi. That’s a ridiculously talented midfield for the Championship. They’re going to make us look second best plenty of times, unfortunately. Nobody from us seems to be standing out, and that’s a lot to do with Leicester.

Despite that, we’ve done ok and the chances have been there. But we have to be more clinical.

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 2537 viewskeebsdad

Shhh ... you can't criticise him!
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:11 - Dec 26 with 2448 viewsNthQldITFC

He was noticeably higher on Mavididi? when Leicester were breaking today, i.e. not dropping right off like he has at times. His positioning for the goal was really because Burgess went waltzing off into midfield without sufficient cover. Clarke's improving again.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:12 - Dec 26 with 2427 viewsGlasgowBlue

The thing is that he is out of position multiple times each game and continues to be picked. So I would imagine that McKenna wants him to tuck in as a third centre half at times and thinks that it's high risk but high reward.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 22:22]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:19 - Dec 26 with 2338 viewscbower

So Burgess chasing a crisp packet was not a massive contributory factor for their goal then? Be serious!
I'll admit, Clarke gave the ball away cheaply at times, likewise Wolf but they did ok overall against a record breaking outfit. Those boys are learning and we need to accept they won't be perfect.

bluescouser

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:24 - Dec 26 with 2264 viewscbower

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:12 - Dec 26 by GlasgowBlue

The thing is that he is out of position multiple times each game and continues to be picked. So I would imagine that McKenna wants him to tuck in as a third centre half at times and thinks that it's high risk but high reward.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 22:22]

This is correct and allows Leif to be so attacking. Makes Harry's job so much harder as he looks like he's giving the wide man too much space as a result.

bluescouser

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:26 - Dec 26 with 2229 viewsBigCommon

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:25 - Dec 26 by BarcaBlue

Heard this said a lot.... But what was he actually covering? He moved into space where there was no danger, no opposition player. Just looking after a patch of grass..
The space he vacated had all the danger....
Overall he had a gritty game and did some things right. But why can't people see, that he fkd up for their goal....
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:26 - Dec 26 with 2219 viewsBloomBlue

Clarke has to come towards the defender which leaves the platey at the back which the right wing back. But give Leicester credit they quickly moved the ball from right to left to create that space.

Unfortunately too many town fans think football is like a computer game, and that you can buy 11 players and can never concede a goal. Tell Pep he needs to spend moreb
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:31 - Dec 26 with 2151 viewsbilllm

I agree we win that if he doesn't drift way inside to help 1 on 1 wolfy with his man leaves his man 1-0 pathetic defending
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:33 - Dec 26 with 2113 viewsBigCommon

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:19 - Dec 26 by cbower

So Burgess chasing a crisp packet was not a massive contributory factor for their goal then? Be serious!
I'll admit, Clarke gave the ball away cheaply at times, likewise Wolf but they did ok overall against a record breaking outfit. Those boys are learning and we need to accept they won't be perfect.

No one is saying they are going to be perfect, that's a given.
But why can't anyone admit that HC was at fault for their goal?.. When it's clear as day to any neutral..
We had the same bllx when Bonne couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo..
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:41 - Dec 26 with 2020 viewsWicklowBlue

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:26 - Dec 26 by BigCommon

Heard this said a lot.... But what was he actually covering? He moved into space where there was no danger, no opposition player. Just looking after a patch of grass..
The space he vacated had all the danger....
Overall he had a gritty game and did some things right. But why can't people see, that he fkd up for their goal....

Watch the replay, Sky showed it several times. Burgess got dragged out wide into midfield, which meant Wolf shuffled across and Clarke had to tuck in to help. That meant Clarke couldn't get back out to the wide man.

It was clearly a tactic Leicester kept trying to pull our defence line into midfield and then switch the ball. I think once or twice in the second half Wolf got caught following a forward into midfield and again Leicester switched the ball quickly.

I don't think you can blame Clarke for the goal it was the entire backline being dragged out of shape. Hladky might have done a bit better too.
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:43 - Dec 26 with 2002 viewsWicklowBlue

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 20:42 - Dec 26 by FrimleyBlue

I assume your "woeful" comment is restricted to their goal as Morsy won POTM. I thought he was immense as usual.
If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:46 - Dec 26 with 1957 viewsBondiBlue

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 22:33 - Dec 26 by BigCommon

No one is saying they are going to be perfect, that's a given.
But why can't anyone admit that HC was at fault for their goal?.. When it's clear as day to any neutral..
We had the same bllx when Bonne couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo..

Seems like we've got "it was burgess's fault" vs "it was hladky's fault" vs "it was clarke's fault" on this thread. All three could have done better therefore a thread solely blaming clarke is a little unfair (again).

Poll: Which would you accept?

If Harry Clarke wasn't one of our own... on 23:02 - Dec 26 with 1836 viewsandehpandeh

He was 100% responsible for the goal due to not tracking his man, but he more than made up for it the rest of the match
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024