Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans 16:42 - Dec 13 with 10983 viewstextbackup

Genuinely calling for KMc to be their manager.

As much as it would hurt if/when he departs, it would hurt me more seeing him slagged off if they hit a stumbling block.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:38 - Dec 13 with 1284 viewsstonojnr

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:49 - Dec 13 by bluelagos

No chance - the egos in that dressing dressing room requires a much bigger name than KM

he's also smart enough to bide his time, age is on his side and he'll likely only get one crack at the MU job in his career. Like no-one talks about Ole being their manager again, or Jose, even David Moyes.

MU are a car wreck at the moment, let some other top name go in sort them out abit first, there will never be another Ferguson dynasty style era, and KM can progress without the pressure and spotlight, and wait for the right opportunity.

Im sure he'd say himself he wouldnt be ready to take that kind of job on yet.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:45 - Dec 13 with 1279 viewsnodge_blue

Two things in our favour:

1. His age and time on his side.
2. Integrity. I dont think it would sit well with him to leave the team where we are mid season. He asks alot from the players and i think he would feel a duty to reciprocate that loyalty for at least the remainder of the season.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 19:49]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:48 - Dec 13 with 1263 viewsRyorry

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:27 - Dec 13 by MK1

A massive club who hadn't won anything of note for years. I am not belittling what SAR & SBR did, far from it, but SAF built 3 sides that are still pretty much the benchmark for any club. I would put SAR & SBR up there with pretty much anyone, but SAF achievements will probably never be beaten.

But you’re completely ignoring how our two had to *build* us from the lower levels, despite a stadium that was less than half the size, without MU’s facilities, £squillions, fanbase etc.

SAF didn’t have to build in that way - he inherited an already ‘big’ club; hence I do think the achievements of our two legends were greater, yes.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:51 - Dec 13 with 1256 viewsRyorry

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:38 - Dec 13 by stonojnr

he's also smart enough to bide his time, age is on his side and he'll likely only get one crack at the MU job in his career. Like no-one talks about Ole being their manager again, or Jose, even David Moyes.

MU are a car wreck at the moment, let some other top name go in sort them out abit first, there will never be another Ferguson dynasty style era, and KM can progress without the pressure and spotlight, and wait for the right opportunity.

Im sure he'd say himself he wouldnt be ready to take that kind of job on yet.

A bit like Labour having to deal with the Herculean Stables if they get in after the next general election then!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 20:27 - Dec 13 with 1199 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 19:33 - Dec 13 by nrb1985

You don't have any idea what he's thinking either yet go on to say "(he) will be thinking"!!

Career progression isn't a nice linear uptrending line. Sometimes you have to make the big move whether you feel ready or not. I forget who said it but there's a saying that if you wait for the right time you can be waiting forever...

I don't see how he couldn't take it knowing full well:

a) This chance may never come up again.

b) United are, as has been said, a bit of basket case so even if he's sacked he'll still find another good job like Rodgers did after Liverpool and many more have done before and since.

LOL. I said, "he'll be thinking what's best for his career". I'd say that's pretty much a given. Unless you reckon he'd be thinking what's worst for his career?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:37 - Dec 13 with 1171 viewsMK1

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:48 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

But you’re completely ignoring how our two had to *build* us from the lower levels, despite a stadium that was less than half the size, without MU’s facilities, £squillions, fanbase etc.

SAF didn’t have to build in that way - he inherited an already ‘big’ club; hence I do think the achievements of our two legends were greater, yes.

I love your devotion.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:53 - Dec 13 with 1151 viewsLord_Mac

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:33 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

"Bigger job" - ie leading ITFC into a European campaign and competing well there?!

I think KM & our new owners are a lot shrewder than some posting on this thread. He won't be unaware of the legacies that SAR & SBR built - seems to me that those trump even Fergies's glorious ManU years.

He may go to MUFC eventually, but I think is also be intelligent enough to bear in mind there's a risk of souring his lifelong feelings about the club if it were to all go horribly wrong with whatever owners - esp when you look at the way ownership of clubs is going - MUFC, Newcastle etc.

They’d see it as a gamble at this stage - no top flight experience. It isn’t of course but they can’t afford to gamble - share prices and all that.

McK can also said that he won’t move the kids and disrupt their schooling.
Looking at them that’s a few years away.

More likely he’ll get some PL experience with Town and then move (or stay if it goes unbelievably well). Or give up on us if we fail to go up within the next 2-3 seasons.

Blog: 10 Points for the Future?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:57 - Dec 13 with 1134 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why the hell would they want him? We all know he’s crap and we’re just fluking it. We’re bound to get found out as the season goes on. And he’s a Taurus. And a bit smarmy. I’d steer well clear if I was them. They’d be better going for someone who’s played for a MASSIVE team, preferably one in Germany.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 21:05 - Dec 13 with 1118 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:53 - Dec 13 by Lord_Mac

They’d see it as a gamble at this stage - no top flight experience. It isn’t of course but they can’t afford to gamble - share prices and all that.

McK can also said that he won’t move the kids and disrupt their schooling.
Looking at them that’s a few years away.

More likely he’ll get some PL experience with Town and then move (or stay if it goes unbelievably well). Or give up on us if we fail to go up within the next 2-3 seasons.

Yeah, you’d think they’d want him to get some PL experience under his belt before considering him. If he carries on like this and say we do go up and have a half decent first season (mid-table upwards), the vultures will definitely be circling. A lot of work to do before then though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 21:10 - Dec 13 with 1108 viewstextbackup

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 18:09 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

SAF didn't go on to become an England Manager who won the World Cup though did he, nor one who managed England & got them to a semi-final of the WC - so yes, both SAR & SBR 's managerial careers trumped Fergie's.

Edit - forgot to say, nor did SAF take an 'unfashionable' club languishing in the third tier to flourish in the top tier. Manu were already a 'big club' before his arrival. SAR & SBR both *made* us into a big club.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 19:09]

Holy Jesus christing sht…

Not much alarms me, but this… wow

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 21:17 - Dec 13 with 1082 viewsAVJones

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:48 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

What Ferguson did at Aberdeen was similar to what Robson did with us. It was pretty incredible.

And then he did what he did at Man U…

I can’t bear the man but his managerial record is out on its own.
Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 21:21 - Dec 13 with 1070 viewsmarchy

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 19:33 - Dec 13 by nrb1985

You don't have any idea what he's thinking either yet go on to say "(he) will be thinking"!!

Career progression isn't a nice linear uptrending line. Sometimes you have to make the big move whether you feel ready or not. I forget who said it but there's a saying that if you wait for the right time you can be waiting forever...

I don't see how he couldn't take it knowing full well:

a) This chance may never come up again.

b) United are, as has been said, a bit of basket case so even if he's sacked he'll still find another good job like Rodgers did after Liverpool and many more have done before and since.

This rubbish again about how the "chance may never come up again". Since SAF's 27-year tenure ended, United have gone through six permanent managers with an average tenure of less than two years. It'll come up again.
Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 21:24 - Dec 13 with 1041 viewsNeedhamChris

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 21:21 - Dec 13 by marchy

This rubbish again about how the "chance may never come up again". Since SAF's 27-year tenure ended, United have gone through six permanent managers with an average tenure of less than two years. It'll come up again.

Doesn't mean it would come up again for McKenna

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 22:03 - Dec 13 with 984 viewsNutkins_Return

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:54 - Dec 13 by Kieran_Knows

I don't really get that argument, personally. Ten Hag has spent the best part of £400m bringing in his 'own' players. He can't seem to get a tune out of them either.

They've had Moyes, Van Goal, Mourinho, Solkjaer, Ragnic, Ten Hag and all of them haven't got a tune out of the side. Not sure you can throw this as Ten Hag. Underlying and worsening situation there over a number of years. They have basically had a similar ownership at a bigger scale to Evans. Manager wot fix it without a complete change. McKenna wouldnt stand a chance and would be gone within a season as he hasn't got a name to be given time yet.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 07:25 - Dec 14 with 859 viewsmikeybloo88

My brief tuppence worth....all this chat is irrelevant until we see what happens with us this season. The next four months will give everyone a better idea of how KM handles pressure. If we blow a 10 point lead and don’t get promoted via playoffs, will his stock still be high? If he gets some money to spend in January, how will he use it? Will it derail us or will it help us breeze to promotion? Will he show he can integrate new players at a crucial time? If we go up, is he the sort of man to prefer the challenge of keeping us up? Will his salary be tripled by us? Plenty of factors which will determine what happens, not least of which is all the stuff we can’t control at all the other clubs.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 08:41 - Dec 14 with 808 viewsDinnernotTea

I think McKenna goes if any of the below approaches or a European club, I can see him doing really well abroad. But I don't think he leaves us for anyone else.

Man U
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham
Chelsea
Villa
Newcastle
West Ham

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 08:52 - Dec 14 with 791 viewshype313

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 18:59 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've never been "on the Glue" but what is so objectionable about my post? Seems fairly logical and evenhanded to me.

It doesn't, and anyone saying he'll stay here over Utd have clearly had too many Snowballs.

Sometimes it's good to take the Blue tinted specs off and be realistic.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 08:56 - Dec 14 with 786 viewsgordon

A job like United (with their current players particularly) is going to be as much about motivating and managing enormous & fragile egos as it is about tactics and training - there's no guarantee that McKenna would be good at that.

At the biggest clubs being an expert on running really good training sessions and getting a team well drilled is less important because (to an extent) they can just bring in the best coaching staff to do that anyway.

That's why (I reckon anyway) someone like Graham Potter can seem like a world-beating manager at smaller clubs, until he gets to the very top level, and then he seems a bit lost.

I think there's a reasonable chance McKenna would be like this - at League One / Champ level his professionalism and expertise in tactics and training completely set him apart from most of the competition, but does he have that Klopp / Guardiola ability to keep large squads of egos happy and content and motivated? If he does he'll be a world-class manager, but no-one knows yet.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 08:57 - Dec 14 with 777 viewsBiGDonnie

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:54 - Dec 13 by Kieran_Knows

I don't really get that argument, personally. Ten Hag has spent the best part of £400m bringing in his 'own' players. He can't seem to get a tune out of them either.

Spends £400m.... relies on Mctominay and Maguire. The mans an absolute fraud.

KM should steer well clear of that club. Utter sh*t show and I think it's at least a few years before they can sort themselves out.

We'll be beating them next season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 09:00 - Dec 14 with 764 viewsgordon

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 22:03 - Dec 13 by Nutkins_Return

They've had Moyes, Van Goal, Mourinho, Solkjaer, Ragnic, Ten Hag and all of them haven't got a tune out of the side. Not sure you can throw this as Ten Hag. Underlying and worsening situation there over a number of years. They have basically had a similar ownership at a bigger scale to Evans. Manager wot fix it without a complete change. McKenna wouldnt stand a chance and would be gone within a season as he hasn't got a name to be given time yet.

Yup, I agree with this - there's no way in a million years United would go for McKenna until he's shown he can do it consistently in the Premier League with big name players.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 09:10 - Dec 14 with 738 viewsWonky

Zero worries. Quitting a club in this position would be unprincipled and a black mark on him. So not gonna happen.
McKenna AGE comparison to Premier League managers on 09:19 - Dec 14 with 726 viewsBucklebury_blue

McKenna AGE comparison to Premier League managers on 17:26 - Dec 13 by unstableblue

In my rambling criteria above, I referenced him wanting to develop his managing skills in this great Town environment, with the view he’s still young and starting out in his managerial career… but is he relatively young?

McKenna is 37

The Premier League managers are thus:

Klopp 56
Pep 52
Thomas Frank 50
Arteta 41
Moyes 60
Silva 46
Cooper 44
Howe 46
Haag 53
Kompany 37
De Zerbi 44
Emery 52
Edwards 40
Dyche 52
Iraola 41
Ange 58
Poche 51
O’Neill 40
Wilder 56

I guess he’s still relatively young, but he’s bloody football obsessed and ambitious. As stated I think he’ll leave us for a top 5-6 premier side with the right ownership… and it will boil down to the risk he wants to take in terms of readiness to step-up

He’s worked at the highest level with Man U on match day, so he knows what’s required. I do remember that big name players weren’t happy with the level of detail in McKenna training.

And hodgson…76
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 09:25 - Dec 14 with 718 viewslizzibee

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:01 - Dec 13 by nrb1985

Utter nonsense.

He would go there in a heartbeat given there's no guarantee the opportunity would ever come up for him again.

Nobody is choosing Ipswich over the Man United job, Glazers or not.

Completely disagree. Can't see him leaving yet for that job - he seems genuine and sold on the Ipswich story for the time being. Also United won't go for him - he's unproven in that league - they'll want a big name

All twitter speculation which isn't worth anything
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 09:30 - Dec 14 with 692 viewschicoazul

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:55 - Dec 13 by bluefunk

KM is bright enough to know that he has plenty of time to gain experience here, while building his reputation, before moving somewhere that might be considered a bigger job. I don’t believe he would regard the Man Utd job as right for him now or indeed anytime until the ownership situation is resolved.

Come off it. This is wishful thinking at its’ finest. There are probably only 6 or 7 managers in the world who would turn that job down if offered.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 09:38 - Dec 14 with 668 viewsWonky

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 09:30 - Dec 14 by chicoazul

Come off it. This is wishful thinking at its’ finest. There are probably only 6 or 7 managers in the world who would turn that job down if offered.

Not that simple. Not at all. Say he goes form drops and we don't get promoted. How many friends, players and colleagues has he let down. Times are good fantastic he can afford to wait and he will.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 9:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024