Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans 16:42 - Dec 13 with 10982 viewstextbackup

Genuinely calling for KMc to be their manager.

As much as it would hurt if/when he departs, it would hurt me more seeing him slagged off if they hit a stumbling block.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 19:05 - Dec 14 with 559 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 15:33 - Dec 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

Someone has a pop at me, I have a pop back, and you accuse ME of not being nice.

Classic Glassers. Or Glassic, perhaps.

I said "that wasn't very nice" not "you're not very nice". It wasn't nice. Although in fairness, I didn't see Hype's post having a pop at you.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 19:06]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 553 viewsMK1

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:57 - Dec 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I would have thought someone like Emery was a much more logical choice for United.

McKenna way down on the bookies favourites at 20/1. Lump on if you think it’s going to happen, but doesn’t look like a good bet to me.

I don't think anybody thinks it will happen, but are saying that if, if Man Utd offered it to him, there is little to no chance that he would turn it down. None of us want this to happen, just think it would be to good for him to say no.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:32 - Dec 14 with 517 viewsRyorry

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:08 - Dec 14 by MK1

I don't think anybody thinks it will happen, but are saying that if, if Man Utd offered it to him, there is little to no chance that he would turn it down. None of us want this to happen, just think it would be to good for him to say no.

I think people need to remember he's a thoroughly decent human being, not just a superb football manager, when they say this.

The points have already been made re him being

1. A family man whose wife & kids have happily settled in the area.

2. Him abandoning us at this point wouldn't sit well with him & his personal integrity, let alone many of our fans, staff, Gamechanger, sponsors etc.

Not to mention him having the character to want to build a big project here over the 'instant gratification' of a shiny glamourous job which may not last long given the precariousness of the ownership situation. He knows where he is with Gamechanger who are a decent, stable outfit that believe in him & have treated him well - and such a good employer is worth a lot to most people, esp in pro football.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:44 - Dec 14 with 490 viewsMK1

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:32 - Dec 14 by Ryorry

I think people need to remember he's a thoroughly decent human being, not just a superb football manager, when they say this.

The points have already been made re him being

1. A family man whose wife & kids have happily settled in the area.

2. Him abandoning us at this point wouldn't sit well with him & his personal integrity, let alone many of our fans, staff, Gamechanger, sponsors etc.

Not to mention him having the character to want to build a big project here over the 'instant gratification' of a shiny glamourous job which may not last long given the precariousness of the ownership situation. He knows where he is with Gamechanger who are a decent, stable outfit that believe in him & have treated him well - and such a good employer is worth a lot to most people, esp in pro football.

Nobody would doubt any of that, but it's Man Utd. Like I say, nobody is saying it is going to happen, but it's Man Utd. Amongst the biggest clubs in the world and KM is a lifelong Man Utd supporter. Don't under estimate that pull.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:48 - Dec 14 with 481 viewsRyorry

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:44 - Dec 14 by MK1

Nobody would doubt any of that, but it's Man Utd. Like I say, nobody is saying it is going to happen, but it's Man Utd. Amongst the biggest clubs in the world and KM is a lifelong Man Utd supporter. Don't under estimate that pull.

Perhaps the thread is just giving us the opportunity to vicariously live the life of a top football manager, but I'm rather enjoying this debate!

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:12 - Dec 14 with 453 viewsMK1

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:48 - Dec 14 by Ryorry

Perhaps the thread is just giving us the opportunity to vicariously live the life of a top football manager, but I'm rather enjoying this debate!

If I was playing for Man Utd and Ipswich were interested in buying me, I would jump at it and try and persuade the club to let me go. People say I wouldn't, but I truly would.
That's why I think McKenna would go.
Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 10:31 - Dec 15 with 337 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 19:05 - Dec 14 by GlasgowBlue

I said "that wasn't very nice" not "you're not very nice". It wasn't nice. Although in fairness, I didn't see Hype's post having a pop at you.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 19:06]

A little bit of semantics. It all rather means the same thing. But you've answered my point with your last sentence. Maybe you should read a little more attentively before commenting!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 10:33 - Dec 15 with 330 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 19:08 - Dec 14 by MK1

Again, this is absolute nonsense. Unless you are Kieran McKenna you have no idea what he wants or what he thinks is best for his career now and in the long term.

Login to get fewer ads

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 10:38 - Dec 15 with 316 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:12 - Dec 14 by MK1

If I was playing for Man Utd and Ipswich were interested in buying me, I would jump at it and try and persuade the club to let me go. People say I wouldn't, but I truly would.

But you and McKenna are different people. This is something you seem to keep failing to notice.

If I were playing for Man Utd my life would be entirely different to how it is now. I can't equivocally say I'd want to leave them to sign for Ipswich. It's not as simple as that.

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 11:22 - Dec 15 with 280 viewsRyorry

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 20:12 - Dec 14 by MK1

I don’t get you here - wouldn’t that mean KM could attract Utd players he wanted to PR, thereby further reducing any attraction of the ManU job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024