Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans 16:42 - Dec 13 with 10692 viewstextbackup

Genuinely calling for KMc to be their manager.

As much as it would hurt if/when he departs, it would hurt me more seeing him slagged off if they hit a stumbling block.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:45 - Dec 13 with 6051 viewsbluelagos

Mate messaged me last night to say RedCafe was full of McKenna talk. Had a read of a thread earlier - he's getting lots of attention.

Realistically most see him as needing a bigger job in between going to OT.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:46 - Dec 13 with 6001 viewsKieran_Knows

If that bald fraud who is currently pretending to be a manager there at the minute carries on the way he does, then I think I would genuinely be concerned about them coming in for him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:49 - Dec 13 with 5966 viewsbluelagos

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:46 - Dec 13 by Kieran_Knows

If that bald fraud who is currently pretending to be a manager there at the minute carries on the way he does, then I think I would genuinely be concerned about them coming in for him.

No chance - the egos in that dressing dressing room requires a much bigger name than KM

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:49 - Dec 13 with 5964 viewshype313

Jokes aside, forget the likes of Palace, West Ham etc the United gig worries me, under the Glazers I just wouldn't imagine he would be under the radar, but the Radcliffe investment does concern me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:52 - Dec 13 with 5922 viewstractorboy1978

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:46 - Dec 13 by Kieran_Knows

How much of it is the players though? They seem to be a pretty rank bunch and even on paper they are miles off Liverpool, Arsenal, City in terms of quality. By all accounts McKenna was pretty prominent/influential with OGS when he was at United and they couldn't get any 'success' then.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 16:52]
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:54 - Dec 13 with 5874 viewsbluelagos

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:52 - Dec 13 by tractorboy1978

How much of it is the players though? They seem to be a pretty rank bunch and even on paper they are miles off Liverpool, Arsenal, City in terms of quality. By all accounts McKenna was pretty prominent/influential with OGS when he was at United and they couldn't get any 'success' then.

If I were in charge of Man Utd - I'd want a serious clear out.

Paul Cook is clearly the man. Honest.

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:54 - Dec 13 with 5863 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:52 - Dec 13 by tractorboy1978

I don't really get that argument, personally. Ten Hag has spent the best part of £400m bringing in his 'own' players. He can't seem to get a tune out of them either.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:55 - Dec 13 with 5849 viewsbluefunk

KM is bright enough to know that he has plenty of time to gain experience here, while building his reputation, before moving somewhere that might be considered a bigger job. I don’t believe he would regard the Man Utd job as right for him now or indeed anytime until the ownership situation is resolved.
Login to get fewer ads

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:01 - Dec 13 with 5725 viewsnrb1985

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:55 - Dec 13 by bluefunk

KM is bright enough to know that he has plenty of time to gain experience here, while building his reputation, before moving somewhere that might be considered a bigger job. I don’t believe he would regard the Man Utd job as right for him now or indeed anytime until the ownership situation is resolved.

Utter nonsense.

He would go there in a heartbeat given there's no guarantee the opportunity would ever come up for him again.

Nobody is choosing Ipswich over the Man United job, Glazers or not.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:02 - Dec 13 with 5711 viewsStevieH

I think McKenna will be here for 10+ years. Him and Ashton will guide us through a dream decade just like Mr John and Mr Patrick did with SBR.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:04 - Dec 13 with 5667 viewsBramidan

I think what happened to Graham Potter should be a lesson to managers taking a dream job.
Mind you if you are genuinely set up for life by the time you get sacked, it must be tempting!
More worried about them deciding to go for joint coaches, KM and Carrick.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:05 - Dec 13 with 5645 views_clive_baker_

I think that's wishful thinking. There's a lot wrong at Man United but lets be honest, he's a life long United supporter, been at the club before, it's genuinely one of the biggest in the world. If they come a calling there's not a cat in hells chance he wouldn't take it. To be honest I would wish him well and thank him, he's done a hell of a job here. Hopefully it can continue a bit longer.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:08 - Dec 13 with 5589 viewsMeadowlark

Paul Lambert has been out of work for a while, and he's been at a lot of big clubs.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:08 - Dec 13 with 5584 viewshype313

KM is bright enough to know that opportunities like that are once in a lifetime, he isn't getting the Liverpool, City or Arsenal gig anytime soon, so that's the net biggest gig, one of the biggest jobs in Europe.

I love Town, but seriously, if Utd came calling, regardless of how nice everything is, he is a career man and will go the best jobs offered.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:09 - Dec 13 with 5578 viewsOldFart71

KM has been lucky in that a majority of the players he has fits in with the criteria that the CEO and him go through in order to source the right types. Man Utd have a hotch potch of players. Some have never made it, some that have lost form and some foreign players who throw their toys out of the pram and are frankly invertebrates. Their team needs a complete overhaul, but managers are expected to put them on a par with the Man City's and Liverpool's at the drop of a hat. It would in my opinion be suicide for McKenna to risk his career at such an early stage as if some of the supposed best managers can't get a tune out of them, what hope McKenna ?
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:09 - Dec 13 with 5566 viewsnrb1985

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:05 - Dec 13 by _clive_baker_

I think that's wishful thinking. There's a lot wrong at Man United but lets be honest, he's a life long United supporter, been at the club before, it's genuinely one of the biggest in the world. If they come a calling there's not a cat in hells chance he wouldn't take it. To be honest I would wish him well and thank him, he's done a hell of a job here. Hopefully it can continue a bit longer.

This
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:10 - Dec 13 with 5545 viewsblueasfook

Maybe some deluded fans are calling for it, but it's the thinking of the Man U board that counts - based on previous appointments they tend to go for big name managers - with perhaps the execption of Solksjaer and that was a failed experiment.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:11 - Dec 13 with 5529 viewsRadlett_blue

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:54 - Dec 13 by Kieran_Knows

I don't really get that argument, personally. Ten Hag has spent the best part of £400m bringing in his 'own' players. He can't seem to get a tune out of them either.

It's not easy to build a team at a really big club. While you have a large budget, you also have to deal with incumbent players with big egos, plus you usually have owners who are impatient for success. A big club only keeps its place at the top if the team is kept in constant evolution, as Ferguson managed (eventually) at OT.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 17:11 - Dec 13 with 5537 viewsunstableblue

In my humble opinion these are the factors that would lead to McKenna’s next stage and departure:

- a lasting legacy at Ipswich having been achieved with a milestone, Premier League promotion, a high Premier League finish
- completed ‘the project’ with Ashton with a new training centre of his design, good Premier ready squad and a vibrant club and fan base, having enjoyed the Suffolk life with his young family
- a club with a greater history than Ipswich
- a club with a good off field management structure and stable well funded ownership
- a large ground (50k+) and a passionate fan base
- potential for Champions League football

I think his end game would be a Man U or Spurs. The former is a basket case but may change with Inneos money. Spurs are into something long term with Ange. Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea perhaps.

Would he want an interim step with say a West Ham or Brighton. I don’t think so.

In short he’s going to leave us to manage at the highest. But I don’t think it will be for a few seasons. I think he’ll want to further develop himself, take Ipswich to another level and leave a legacy. Would he leave having got the plaudits of winning us promotion, or want to try one season in the Premiership to really test himself at that level… I think he’d stay.

I do think the one positive is that some of these ownership groups - say Man U - they’re not who you’d want to work with.

But I would say offers from day a Crystal Palace or West Ham won’t be far away.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:14 - Dec 13 with 5468 viewsnorfsufblue

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:09 - Dec 13 by OldFart71

KM has been lucky in that a majority of the players he has fits in with the criteria that the CEO and him go through in order to source the right types. Man Utd have a hotch potch of players. Some have never made it, some that have lost form and some foreign players who throw their toys out of the pram and are frankly invertebrates. Their team needs a complete overhaul, but managers are expected to put them on a par with the Man City's and Liverpool's at the drop of a hat. It would in my opinion be suicide for McKenna to risk his career at such an early stage as if some of the supposed best managers can't get a tune out of them, what hope McKenna ?

He could go there, be sacked inside a year and I'd still have him back here in a heartbeat.....
Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 17:23 - Dec 13 with 5374 viewsnrb1985

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 17:11 - Dec 13 by unstableblue

In my humble opinion these are the factors that would lead to McKenna’s next stage and departure:

- a lasting legacy at Ipswich having been achieved with a milestone, Premier League promotion, a high Premier League finish
- completed ‘the project’ with Ashton with a new training centre of his design, good Premier ready squad and a vibrant club and fan base, having enjoyed the Suffolk life with his young family
- a club with a good off field management structure and stable well funded ownership

I think his end game would be a Man U or Spurs. The former is a basket case but may change with Inneos money. Spurs are into something long term with Ange. Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea perhaps.

Would he want an interim step with say a West Ham or Brighton. I don’t think so.

In short he’s going to leave us to manage at the highest. But I don’t think it will be for a few seasons. I think he’ll want to further develop himself, take Ipswich to another level and leave a legacy. Would he leave having got the plaudits of winning us promotion, or want to try one season in the Premiership to really test himself at that level… I think he’d stay.

I do think the one positive is that some of these ownership groups - say Man U - they’re not who you’d want to work with.

Are you genuinely saying that if Manchester United came calling now he’d say no to stay with us on a shoe string budget vs the parachute clubs, trying to get us up to the PL, only to then be up against again just trying to keep the club in the PL?! This While United play Europa or CL football and sign players for 75 - 100m a pop…

I hope you’re right but I fear you probably are not!
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:25 - Dec 13 with 5340 viewstractorboy1978

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:05 - Dec 13 by _clive_baker_

Yeah, he'd be off. But thankfully they won't come for him at this stage.
McKenna AGE comparison to Premier League managers on 17:26 - Dec 13 with 5335 viewsunstableblue

Shall we go through McKenna leaving criteria again?! on 17:11 - Dec 13 by unstableblue

In my rambling criteria above, I referenced him wanting to develop his managing skills in this great Town environment, with the view he’s still young and starting out in his managerial career… but is he relatively young?

McKenna is 37

The Premier League managers are thus:

Klopp 56
Pep 52
Thomas Frank 50
Arteta 41
Moyes 60
Silva 46
Cooper 44
Howe 46
Haag 53
Kompany 37
De Zerbi 44
Emery 52
Edwards 40
Dyche 52
Iraola 41
Ange 58
Poche 51
O’Neill 40
Wilder 56

I guess he’s still relatively young, but he’s bloody football obsessed and ambitious. As stated I think he’ll leave us for a top 5-6 premier side with the right ownership… and it will boil down to the risk he wants to take in terms of readiness to step-up

He’s worked at the highest level with Man U on match day, so he knows what’s required. I do remember that big name players weren’t happy with the level of detail in McKenna training.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:28 - Dec 13 with 5309 views_clive_baker_

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:25 - Dec 13 by tractorboy1978

Yeah, he'd be off. But thankfully they won't come for him at this stage.

Suspect you're right. They've got a share price and shirt sales in Asia to worry about, I suspect they'll go for a 'name' like Zidane next time.
I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 17:33 - Dec 13 with 5240 viewsRyorry

I’m seeing a few tweets from MUFC fans on 16:45 - Dec 13 by bluelagos

Mate messaged me last night to say RedCafe was full of McKenna talk. Had a read of a thread earlier - he's getting lots of attention.

Realistically most see him as needing a bigger job in between going to OT.

"Bigger job" - ie leading ITFC into a European campaign and competing well there?!

I think KM & our new owners are a lot shrewder than some posting on this thread. He won't be unaware of the legacies that SAR & SBR built - seems to me that those trump even Fergies's glorious ManU years.

He may go to MUFC eventually, but I think is also be intelligent enough to bear in mind there's a risk of souring his lifelong feelings about the club if it were to all go horribly wrong with whatever owners - esp when you look at the way ownership of clubs is going - MUFC, Newcastle etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024