Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis Value 10:30 - Dec 6 with 10035 viewssuffolkpoker

What would be the 'to good to turn down' price?
Surely £10m doesnt but him...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Leif Davis Value on 11:58 - Dec 6 with 2588 viewsStokieBlue

Leif Davis Value on 10:57 - Dec 6 by Wacko

If West Ham go in for him, would you take Cresswell back as a part exchange?

I think we would prefer the cash and probably try and get Williams on a permanent given his contract situation.

Cresswell is 33 and a quality player but no room for sentiment here - we need to follow the model and that's a youngish LB probably with PL academy pedigree.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Leif Davis Value on 12:00 - Dec 6 with 2573 viewsdirtyboy

Realistically, losing Leif would damage our promotion push considerably.

The value of that promotion is insane, so has to be compensated accordingly.

Much will depend on our points/position come mid Jan and the offer that may be on the table.

£20m+ in January as a minimum given the impact it would have on how we play. £10-15m if we keep him and don't go up and have to sell in summer.

Warning signs might be if we see Lief being subbed on 60/70 - That may show we're a) protecting him a bit for a transfer b) transitioning to another player being in that postion.

I don't want to think about that any more today though.
Leif Davis Value on 12:01 - Dec 6 with 2569 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I’d say £10-15million would be pocket change in today’s environment. We’d surely want more than that given there’s no natural replacement for someone in his position that’s that good at our level.
Leif Davis Value on 12:01 - Dec 6 with 2566 viewsbluesbrothers

Leif Davis Value on 12:00 - Dec 6 by dirtyboy

Realistically, losing Leif would damage our promotion push considerably.

The value of that promotion is insane, so has to be compensated accordingly.

Much will depend on our points/position come mid Jan and the offer that may be on the table.

£20m+ in January as a minimum given the impact it would have on how we play. £10-15m if we keep him and don't go up and have to sell in summer.

Warning signs might be if we see Lief being subbed on 60/70 - That may show we're a) protecting him a bit for a transfer b) transitioning to another player being in that postion.

I don't want to think about that any more today though.

I can guarantee you he's not leaving before May
Leif Davis Value on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 2558 viewstextbackup

Leif Davis Value on 11:58 - Dec 6 by StokieBlue

I think we would prefer the cash and probably try and get Williams on a permanent given his contract situation.

Cresswell is 33 and a quality player but no room for sentiment here - we need to follow the model and that's a youngish LB probably with PL academy pedigree.

SB

Hmmm Dunno, something not right with Williams, injury record isn’t great either I don’t think.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leif Davis Value on 12:06 - Dec 6 with 2538 viewsKeno

Can I just point out to any premier league scouts who may be looking at this thread he really isnt that good, cant defend very well. gets lucky with the odd mis hit cross and frankly you'd be much better looking elsewhere

He needs at least other 3 or 4 years us to develop and mature

the same applies to our manager he's not all that either, just a lot of hype

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Leif Davis Value on 12:15 - Dec 6 with 2486 viewsIllinoisblue

Bidding can start at 25miilion. The days of us getting mugged are over.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leif Davis Value on 12:16 - Dec 6 with 2483 viewsbluestandard

Leif Davis Value on 10:36 - Dec 6 by _clive_baker_

I think there's a lot of factors at play, not least how we're performing in the league. £10m on the face of it is a great return, but there's potentially a much bigger opportunity cost if his departure weakens us and costs us promotion. We would need to reinvest a chunk of that to see a net gain in terms of squad strength, and even then there's no guarantees. Then you're probably in the realms of higher salaries etc too.

I think another factor is the message it sends McKenna. He's our single biggest asset and we need to show him we're serious about promotion. Sunderland clearly isn't an attractive proposition, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that established Premier League clubs, the likes of Palace and West Ham start thinking ahead over the coming months. Palace certainly will be. Not sure selling one of his prominent players at the first opportunity would go down too well with him, even with the promise of funds to reinvest.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 10:42]

Its a complex picture though. Whilst we haven't spent vast sums on transfer fees compared to the top teams, we also haven't had any significant player sales to give us the FFP headroom for more spending. I'm sure Mckenna will understand the dynamics of this, and appreciate that the pace of spending/strengthening will be dictated to a degree by what money the club can bring in. That said, you only have to look at Coventry to see how it can go wrong when you do sell your best performing players and fail to replace adequately.
Login to get fewer ads

Leif Davis Value on 12:19 - Dec 6 with 2468 viewsTractorCam

Ashton got Brighton to pay £20m for Adam Webster. Leif is having a much bigger impact than Webster was there. There's no way he'd go for any less than that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leif Davis Value on 12:24 - Dec 6 with 2439 viewsParky

In January, I don’t think I’d take any less than £20M for him. Brighton got £20M for Webster a few years ago and Leif is a year younger and the market has changed slightly.
Leif Davis Value on 12:32 - Dec 6 with 2388 viewsBigCommon

I dare say Leeds would get a chunky sell on fee, given what we paid for Leif....
And we'd need a ready made replacement, if we're going to to do the "player trading" thing properly..
It's great to have interest in our assets. But , imo, we're in a position to do things more on our own terms. Rather than a team that is on the slide and needing to desperately balance the books...
Consider, also, the financial gain of promotion. We'll need all of our current best players to compete for promotion...
Consider also what half a season playing under KM, for us in the Prem' could do to a players value, after a stella Championship season.
Quite simply, imo, he's not for sale at any price for the forseeable. .. But he'll be on a few wish lists in the Summer, I'm sure.. But at least in the Summer, clubs with new budgets can create a bidding war, and we'll get more value....£30million and he's worth every penny to a team with the right style of play..
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 9:49]
Leif Davis Value on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 2282 viewschicoazul

Leif Davis Value on 10:51 - Dec 6 by SomethingBlue

There are hardly any players like Davis in the country, perhaps even in Europe. He's 24 soon so next summer strikes me as the sweet spot for him to move on assuming we don't go up. I would imagine the conversation starts around £15m but we should be looking for a fair bit more, I've consistently said £20m.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 10:52]

After that tv deal yesterday you can make it 25 when Bayern come calling once they sell Alphonso Davies.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Leif Davis Value on 14:25 - Dec 6 with 2197 viewsPrideOfTheEast

There is no way we’d sell him for less than £20m, especially in January.
Leif Davis Value on 14:45 - Dec 6 with 2164 viewshomer_123

He's invaluable to us as we have no ready made replacement available in Jan - as ideally you want Davis left and Williams right.

His loss would likely cause us to not get promoted.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leif Davis Value on 15:09 - Dec 6 with 2126 viewsBlueBlood90

If Ashton managed to get £25m for Adam Webster four years ago then I'd expect nothing less than that now for Leif, especially when you're talking about earning £100m+ per season for getting promoted. Can't fathom letting any star players go until the summer.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Leif Davis Value on 15:32 - Dec 6 with 2079 viewsbluesbrothers

Leif Davis Value on 12:16 - Dec 6 by bluestandard

Its a complex picture though. Whilst we haven't spent vast sums on transfer fees compared to the top teams, we also haven't had any significant player sales to give us the FFP headroom for more spending. I'm sure Mckenna will understand the dynamics of this, and appreciate that the pace of spending/strengthening will be dictated to a degree by what money the club can bring in. That said, you only have to look at Coventry to see how it can go wrong when you do sell your best performing players and fail to replace adequately.

You don't need to balance the books in the same window
Leif Davis Value on 15:35 - Dec 6 with 2074 viewsJackNorthStand

You’re not selling for any less than £15 million. Absolutely no chance.
Leif Davis Value on 15:36 - Dec 6 with 2074 viewsReusersTown

My god, £15mill for the best left back outside of the Premier League in January! People's valuations really are stuck in the dark times. Its been a long time since we were buying Sereni and George people! For his value to us and his actual market value it's got to be £23m+. Even then I'd think/hope we'd say no, what rush is there?! Wouldn't have thought the summer transfer window is going to affect value much.
Leif Davis Value on 15:59 - Dec 6 with 2026 viewsITFC_Forever

£20m - £25m minimum, but I’d really hope we’d ask him (and he’d agree) to stay to the end of the season and then move.

Him leaving would be a big blow to our chances this season, we need to do everything we can to keep him.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leif Davis Value on 16:08 - Dec 6 with 2011 viewshomer_123

Leif Davis Value on 10:57 - Dec 6 by Wacko

If West Ham go in for him, would you take Cresswell back as a part exchange?

Nope, having watched Cresser recently, he's shot.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leif Davis Value on 16:18 - Dec 6 with 1996 viewsGarv

Webster was £20M, I think?

Davis - £25M.

Barring injury his stock will only rise whether he leaves or stays. You'd like to think he'd recognise that and stick with us until the end of the season (at least).

* Just realised about 17 people have already made the Webster comparison!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 16:19]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Leif Davis Value on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 1961 viewsFrimleyBlue

35mill

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Leif Davis Value on 16:40 - Dec 6 with 1960 viewsdirtyboy

Leif Davis Value on 16:35 - Dec 6 by FrimleyBlue

35mill

*sold* to the highest bidder.
Leif Davis Value on 17:04 - Dec 6 with 1934 viewsBloomBlue

Depends if we sell to a prem or championship team.

Piroe and Stewart, both highly rated strikers went for £10m and strikers normally sell for more than fullbacks. I think if we're offered £10-12m Ashton would take it.
Leif Davis Value on 17:37 - Dec 6 with 1890 viewsJ2BLUE

Any January sale would need to include a loan for the rest of the season. We would be made to let him go if we are still second.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024