Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis Value 10:30 - Dec 6 with 9933 viewssuffolkpoker

What would be the 'to good to turn down' price?
Surely £10m doesnt but him...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Leif Davis Value on 17:40 - Dec 6 with 1538 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Leif Davis Value on 10:52 - Dec 6 by ElderGrizzly

I was saying on another post, Davis is the one player we are most vulnerable to losing in January, but you'd hope both the player and the club would try and see out this season.

However, if a club like Newcastle come along who desperately need a recognised LB right now, you could see his head being turned. Probably £50k a week and £15m+ in fee would be too rich for him and use to refuse.

We should all have our eyes wide open though. This model of player trading is absolutely what the owners signed up for. Bring in, develop and move on for a big profit. And then repeat. But actually repeat unlike Evans...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 10:53]

Probably a daft question, but what makes Leif most vulnerable to being sold?
Leif Davis Value on 17:44 - Dec 6 with 1514 viewsITFC_Forever

Leif Davis Value on 17:40 - Dec 6 by Bad_Boy_Mark

Probably a daft question, but what makes Leif most vulnerable to being sold?

The fact he’s one of our best players and the one Prem teams are looking at.

Heard from several sources West Ham are looking at him.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leif Davis Value on 17:57 - Dec 6 with 1488 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Leif Davis Value on 17:44 - Dec 6 by ITFC_Forever

The fact he’s one of our best players and the one Prem teams are looking at.

Heard from several sources West Ham are looking at him.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware...

The Spanners can avert their gaze and if they can't, then a new contract for Leif and a price tag of £35M - £40M should do the trick.
Leif Davis Value on 00:24 - Dec 7 with 1358 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Leif Davis Value on 10:52 - Dec 6 by ElderGrizzly

I was saying on another post, Davis is the one player we are most vulnerable to losing in January, but you'd hope both the player and the club would try and see out this season.

However, if a club like Newcastle come along who desperately need a recognised LB right now, you could see his head being turned. Probably £50k a week and £15m+ in fee would be too rich for him and use to refuse.

We should all have our eyes wide open though. This model of player trading is absolutely what the owners signed up for. Bring in, develop and move on for a big profit. And then repeat. But actually repeat unlike Evans...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 10:53]

Moreover the fact he is or certainly was a fanatical Newcastle fan growing up you’d forgive him wanting to make that move.
Leif Davis Value on 06:59 - Dec 7 with 1284 viewsyorkshireblue

Leif Davis Value on 00:24 - Dec 7 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Moreover the fact he is or certainly was a fanatical Newcastle fan growing up you’d forgive him wanting to make that move.

He was, talks about it on the official club Podcast.
Leif Davis Value on 07:42 - Dec 7 with 1254 viewsnorfsufblue

One thing I think people may be overlooking ( and I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned) is the value LD places on his development under KM..... would he want to stunt that short term for the possibility of maybe seeing where he ends up in the future?... I think at this pont player trading is more likely to include the likes of Freddie who will still have a value to larger clubs like Derby etc trying to get out of that bloody league of hell.
Leif Davis Value on 08:48 - Dec 7 with 1218 viewsjayessess

Think a good starting point is Djed Spence, the last young full back to go for big money after a good Championship season in Summer 2022.

Spence's numbers that season were 2 goals and 5 assists across 3,622 minutes. That was Spence's first season making any kind of attacking numbers at all, he's not a particularly good defender and Middlesbrough were a motivated seller because he'd already publicly fallen out with the manager there. Tottenham paid £12.5m up front and another £7.5m in add-ons (which presumably he hasn't hit).

Davis has 9 assists already in 1,579 minutes. Comparing their respective Championship careers, he has better attacking numbers, his all-round game is better than Spence's, left backs are harder to source than right backs, there are no questions about his attitude, we aren't a motivated seller, there's no sense he's agitating to leave. He's slightly older than Spence was (23 v 22) but not to the extent that it would massively impact his value.

All transfers are unique, but if £12.5m rising to £20m is the going rate for someone with Spence's numbers, I'd suggest we're talking nearer £20m up front, plus more in add-ons.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Leif Davis Value on 09:23 - Dec 7 with 1195 viewsITFCson

Ashton is a smart guy, especially in the transfer market. He will understand Davis true value and then ask for more on top. If sold I would be surprised if it was for a fee of less than 25 million
Login to get fewer ads

Leif Davis Value on 09:46 - Dec 7 with 1177 viewsTVRBlue

Leif Davis may have a release clause in his Contract with Town along the lines of if a Premier League club offers a certain amout.....could be as low as 5 million......, then he is allowed to talk with them about a potential move.

If those talks offer Leif Davis what he wants then him leaving Town might be out of our sole control.

I would expect sell-on clauses to be applied if we did have to sell him though.

Hopefully there isn't a release clause!
Leif Davis Value on 10:19 - Dec 7 with 1148 viewsBigCommon

Leif Davis Value on 09:46 - Dec 7 by TVRBlue

Leif Davis may have a release clause in his Contract with Town along the lines of if a Premier League club offers a certain amout.....could be as low as 5 million......, then he is allowed to talk with them about a potential move.

If those talks offer Leif Davis what he wants then him leaving Town might be out of our sole control.

I would expect sell-on clauses to be applied if we did have to sell him though.

Hopefully there isn't a release clause!

Certainly a thought.. But I can't see Ashton allowing such a low figure to be included in a players contract, given all the "player trading" speak, he's come out with ... He'd be making a very large rod for his own back, in terms of getting the best value on any players moving on, imo.
I also think we've got the ideal manager here, to persuade a young player to stay with the project a bit longer, should suitors come calling. As he, himself, is probably in a similar position. And from what I've seen, every one of our core players, loves playing under KM. With KM signing a new deal last Summer, I'm of the opinion, that, at least, for the short term (1yr-18months). We'll be looking to keep the solidity, which has served us so well... Momentum has been key to our progress. Its just not the right time to kill the momentum by letting "any" of our key players go right now..
How many times have we heard the higher ups talk about being in it for the long term? I don't think selling a key player (for peanuts), would back up those comments, too well.. Not to mention giving our manager an unneeded headache. At a time when we are supposed to be backing him to the hilt..
Leif Davis Value on 10:28 - Dec 7 with 1125 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Obviously we don't know nuances such as contract clauses if a Prem team comes calling etc. If there is then I would expect MA to be rapidly reassessing and ensuring we have a figure of £30M before Leif is allowed to talk to other clubs. We need to take into account that there is a new TV deal, and player inflation goes up in line with the TV revenues, not general CPI. I have total confidence that MA has this sorted.

Poll: would you rather

Leif Davis Value on 12:41 - Dec 7 with 1032 viewsReus30

His absolute minimum floor is £30m and if we don't make it to the PL, he can go in the summer.

Firstly, he's English so that's a chunky premium.
Young, attacking fullback with quality - also short supply so a premium.

If you look at English left sided full backs (no left/right mix or these cbs playing out there, just attacking left backs), you are talking Shaw and then a second & third tier of Mitchell, Henry, James Justin, Lewis.

Davis is better than all of those listed and I think he is destined to be a top 5/6 PL side regular starter for the next 5 years.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 12:44]
Leif Davis Value on 12:55 - Dec 7 with 999 viewsCaptainAhab

Before I read this thread I was thinking £20m. Now I'm thinking £40m!
Leif Davis Value on 11:43 - Feb 1 with 472 viewsBlueBlood90

If this Blackburn lad is going to Palace for £22m then I wouldn't take any less than that.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Leif Davis Value on 11:46 - Feb 1 with 436 viewsTractorCam

Leif Davis Value on 11:43 - Feb 1 by BlueBlood90

If this Blackburn lad is going to Palace for £22m then I wouldn't take any less than that.

Indeed, January is a mental time for transfers. We would have been robbed if we lost him for say £10m.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024