Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds 15:57 - Dec 4 with 4975 viewsGavTWTD

You choose the outcomes of 3 matches coming up. You can choose one win, one draw, one loss for Norwich, Leicester and Leeds.

How do you order their importance?

That's a tough set of fixtures. (Sorry if I've got the order.wrong)

And realistically what do you think we'll actuaget from those 3?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 15:59 - Dec 4 with 3129 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwich - win
Leeds - lose
Leicester - draw

I do think we will get 4 points from those 3 as well.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:59]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:04 - Dec 4 with 3077 viewsJakeITFC

I think given the order of the fixtures, win/draw/lose is probably preferable - ideally you want to stop Leeds momentum a bit, and getting through Norwich (h) for us (Coventry (h) for them) and Leeds (a) without them gaining a point seems like a very good news story.

As it happens I think we probably will give Leicester a hell of a game and any result wouldn't surprise me, but I'd snap your hand off for four points from the first two.
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:08 - Dec 4 with 3062 viewsSitfcB

I think the best outcome out of those choices would be…

Norwich - WIN
Leeds - DRAW
Leicester- LOSE

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:22 - Dec 4 with 3017 views_clive_baker_

Leicester lose.

Smash Norwich 10-0

Draw at dirty Leeds
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:26 - Dec 4 with 2977 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lose win draw

I get the whole derby thing but grand scheme of things it's not important

But I think
We will beat nodge 3-2
Lose to Leeds 3 2
Draw 2 2 with leicester
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 16:27]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:46 - Dec 4 with 2879 viewsHerbivore

Norwich - Draw
Leeds - Win
Leicester - Lose

I don't buy the idea that Leicester will run away with it but a loss to them is less damaging than a loss to Leeds in terms of finishing top 2 and I can't bring myself to want us to lose to Norwich. Leeds for me would be the one to win if we can only win one of those games, absolute 6 pointer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:46 - Dec 4 with 2886 viewsJ2BLUE

Importance

Leeds win
Norwich draw
Leicester lose

I understand the derby is big but promotion is a way bigger prize.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:52 - Dec 4 with 2848 viewsblueasfook

Norwich Win
Leeds Draw
Leicester Lose

I think that's the best outcome from those 3 games.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:55 - Dec 4 with 2826 viewsSitfcB

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:46 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

Importance

Leeds win
Norwich draw
Leicester lose

I understand the derby is big but promotion is a way bigger prize.

Ooo I think I like this.

Think I’d rather we played Leeds then Norwich as well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:58 - Dec 4 with 2799 viewsWeirdFishes

As long as we beat Norwich I don’t care.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:00 - Dec 4 with 2793 viewshoppy

You tinker.

Given the league standings, the most logical one to choose to lose to, would be Norwich, although you can't choose to lose to Norwich in any circumstances, so the most logical thing from points from the 3 games would be a draw against the scum, but I don't want to do anything other than beat them, and beat them solidly.

Therefore, for me:
Norwich - WIN
Leeds - Lose (we have a buffer of 7 points against them at the moment, so would still be a 4 point buffer even if we lost to them - and they'd still need to WIN 2 more games than we do to overcome that)
Leicester - Draw - keeps whatever gap we have to them the same.

Realistically, I think we'll see 5 points from the 3 games.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 17:01]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:14 - Dec 4 with 2750 viewsDyland

Nodge - Win
Leeds - Win
Leicester - Win

Up yours, basically.

;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:17 - Dec 4 with 2727 viewsArnieM

Win, Win, Draw 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:49 - Dec 4 with 2659 viewspositivity

sad to say, but:

norwich lose (they are not our rivals this year, rather lose to a team who aren't a threat, plus it'd be fun to beat them at their place)
leicester draw
leeds win

i think the opposite will happen though...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:49 - Dec 4 with 2658 viewsNeedhamChris

I'd choose

Norwich - lose
Leicester - Win
Leeds - Draw

My guess

Norwich - win
Leicester - draw
Leeds - Win

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:56 - Dec 4 with 2637 viewsWeWereZombies

Nodge - draw (just so long as we beat them at Carrot Rudd)
Leicester - win (any solid team wants to win the league and I think, despite one game at a time, this is the only way that McKenna can continue to prove his potential as a great manager.)
Leeds - lose (they have already beaten us at FPR so let's just grant them a double and smile as Southampton beat them in the play-off final.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:56 - Dec 4 with 2639 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 15:59 - Dec 4 by Kieran_Knows

Norwich - win
Leeds - lose
Leicester - draw

I do think we will get 4 points from those 3 as well.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:59]

I will take that. Especially as Gav allows us to couple it with Leicester failing to beat Rotherham and Cardiff and Leeds losing to both West Brom and Preston so we would then be 3 points clear at the top with 3rd place 10 points back.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 18:05 - Dec 4 with 2600 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:04 - Dec 4 by JakeITFC

I think given the order of the fixtures, win/draw/lose is probably preferable - ideally you want to stop Leeds momentum a bit, and getting through Norwich (h) for us (Coventry (h) for them) and Leeds (a) without them gaining a point seems like a very good news story.

As it happens I think we probably will give Leicester a hell of a game and any result wouldn't surprise me, but I'd snap your hand off for four points from the first two.

Interestingly Leeds 6-match home form is 18 pts - the same as ours although we have 1 better goal difference on those. Away form they are 1 point worse off than us. Unfortunately the match is at Elland Road but we owe them for turning us over at Portman Road. We also have a 7 point gap to them. In short, we have the same momentum as Leeds, but with a 7 point gap.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 18:14 - Dec 4 with 2558 viewsMK1

Norwich - Draw
Leeds - Win
Leicester - Lose
I'm not worried about Leicester, let them win the league. We only have to finish 2nd. Not popular with the draw against Norwich I guess, but If we go up that will hurt them more and besides, we will get more pleasure out of winning at their place.
I actually think 4 points is realistic from those fixtures.
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 18:17 - Dec 4 with 2548 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:08 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

Norwich - WIN
Leeds - DRAW
Leicester- LOSE

…is the correct answer!
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 18:18 - Dec 4 with 2551 viewsgainsboroughblue

Win v Leeds. Getting bored with seeing 'The L stands for Leeds' from the strange obsessives on social media. Also, keeps them further at arms length.

Draw v Norwich. Only on the condition we smash them at Carra Road with a double hat-trick each for Hirst, Chaplin and Broadhead.

Lose v Leicester. Obviously don't want to lose any but as per the rules of this thread, we have to lose one and this arguably is the least damaging in terms of points and fans morale.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 19:55 - Dec 4 with 2362 viewstractordownsouth

Norwich: draw
Leeds: win
Leicester: lose

Maybe a strange choice not to pick Norwich but we'll get another go at them in April and with the position we're in, it's all about keeping that gap to third as wide as possible, so a win at Elland Road would be huge.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 20:03 - Dec 4 with 2329 viewsKropotkin123

In my mind, putting a loss against Norwaich makes sense, as they aren't our promotion rivals. But, it would be points dropped, so I think a loss a against Leicester, may be the same.

A win against Leeds was be excellent. But would also be happ with a draw.

I think this would be my top choice:
Norwich - draw
Leicester - lose
Leeds - win

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 22:08 - Dec 4 with 2178 viewsberkstractorboy

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:08 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

Norwich - WIN
Leeds - DRAW
Leicester- LOSE

Agreed, have to beat the scum.

I would rather maintain the gap to 3rd (although Saints could gain ground) than try to keep up with Leicester.
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 23:25 - Dec 4 with 2115 viewshoppy

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 22:08 - Dec 4 by berkstractorboy

Agreed, have to beat the scum.

I would rather maintain the gap to 3rd (although Saints could gain ground) than try to keep up with Leicester.

A win at Leicester could actually take us above them rather than a case of 'trying to keep up with them', as we're currently only a point behind...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024