Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds 15:57 - Dec 4 with 5063 viewsGavTWTD

You choose the outcomes of 3 matches coming up. You can choose one win, one draw, one loss for Norwich, Leicester and Leeds.

How do you order their importance?

That's a tough set of fixtures. (Sorry if I've got the order.wrong)

And realistically what do you think we'll actuaget from those 3?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 23:48 - Dec 4 with 1625 viewsthatbdude

Win them all. Don't loose or draw every again

UPPA TOWEN

Poll: Who going down?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 04:36 - Dec 5 with 1588 viewsIPS_wich

Head says we're in a tight promotion race and we don't want to lose ground on first place, so beat Leicester, draw Leeds and lose to the Budgies.

Heart says, beat budgies, draw with Leicester and lose to Leeds.

So - I'll if I listen to a bit of both I'll go:

- Beat Leeds (effectively giving up on first place, but extending our lead over third place)
- Draw Norwich (trying to be rational can never apply here - and we'll thump them later anyway)
- Lose Leicester (plus we get a chance to beat them at Portman Rd later)
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 07:14 - Dec 5 with 1576 viewstextbackup

Norwich win
Leeds draw
Leicester lose

Means we make keep a distance from leeds, beat them cnts, and whatever with leicester

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 07:44 - Dec 5 with 1571 viewsVic

Leicester - draw
Leeds - win
Norwich - lose

Hurts to type these but in in terms of our progression the results v Leeds and Leicester are likely to be much more important than the Norwich game, which is now only about bragging rights.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 10:03 - Dec 5 with 1549 viewsRimsy

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 15:59 - Dec 4 by Kieran_Knows

Norwich - win
Leeds - lose
Leicester - draw

I do think we will get 4 points from those 3 as well.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:59]

Win
Draw
Win

BlueBlood

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 10:08 - Dec 5 with 1548 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I can't believe how many people have got this wrong.

Within your Rules:

Beat Norwich 10-0. Brandon Williams scores 5. The last 5, which makes it funnier as he celebrates each one, eyes wide and mouth agog like Stuart Broad on uppers.

Draw 1-1 with Leicester. They score a last minute equaliser.*

Lose 1-0 to Leeds. They score a last minute penalty.**

* The goal is scored by an ineligible player. The result is annulled and Leicester are docked 10 points.

** Leeds are awarded 5 dodgy penalties in the match. Hladky saves the first four. He then saves the last minute one, completely fairly, but the ref orders a retake. Hladky protests, and the ref calls him over and books him. As he returns to his line, with his back to the Leeds player, the ref blows his whistle and the Leeds player scores.

There is a match-fixing investigation. Turns out the Leeds owner bunged the ref a ton of cash. Leeds are thrown out of the League.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 10:13]
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 10:53 - Dec 5 with 1536 viewsyorkshireblue

Beat Norwich
Draw at Leeds
Lose to Leicester.

Losing at Leeds would be unbearable in the office.
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 11:40 - Dec 5 with 1524 viewsCityBlue

Norwich - W
Leeds - L
Leicester - D

but putting heart to one side

Norwich - L
Leeds - W
Leicester - D

I T I D

Login to get fewer ads

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 11:41 - Dec 5 with 1522 viewsCityBlue

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:46 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

Importance

Leeds win
Norwich draw
Leicester lose

I understand the derby is big but promotion is a way bigger prize.

In which case we need to take points from Leeds and Leicester

I T I D

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 11:49 - Dec 5 with 1518 viewsBugs

Got to be head over heart. The results that will give us the best chance of an automatic promotion place would be:

Lose to Norwich
Win at Leeds
Draw to Leicester

We can then stuff the Budgies at carrot rd

What I think will happen is:

Win vs Norwich
Draw vs Leeds
Draw vs Leicester

And we will stuff the Budgies at carrot Rd
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 11:54 - Dec 5 with 1516 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Leeds Win
Budgies Draw
Leicester Lose

If it wasn’t them up the road I’d reverse that and Leicester.

I totally understand that we want to smash the budgies but in the greater scheme of things a win against Leeds could be season defining

Poll: Our final position

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 12:00 - Dec 5 with 1514 viewsNazemariner

Draw
Lose
Draw

Feel free to delete the thread i created, i didn't notice this one.
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 13:23 - Dec 5 with 1484 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:58 - Dec 4 by WeirdFishes

As long as we beat Norwich I don’t care.

Can't argue with that.. I said to someone on Twitter 24 point out of 27 and lose to Nodge or take 14 points from 9 games and hammer Nodge 5-0.. He went for 24 out of 27 which is the incorrect answer
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 13:24]

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:16 - Dec 5 with 1431 viewslizzibee

We'll beat the scum
I'd be happy with a point off both Leeds and Leicester. Ideally three at Leeds as their fans are getting so annoying
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:20 - Dec 5 with 1429 viewstractorboy1978

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 13:23 - Dec 5 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

Can't argue with that.. I said to someone on Twitter 24 point out of 27 and lose to Nodge or take 14 points from 9 games and hammer Nodge 5-0.. He went for 24 out of 27 which is the incorrect answer

That is just silly though. Promotion to the PL is an absolute gamechanger for the club in so many respects - financially, in terms of infrastructure, recruitment of players etc. And being a league ahead of them is the ultimate bragging rights to boot.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 16:20]
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:30 - Dec 5 with 1423 viewsHerbivore

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 13:23 - Dec 5 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

Madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 17:22 - Dec 5 with 1409 viewsWeWereZombies

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 10:08 - Dec 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

I can't believe how many people have got this wrong.

Within your Rules:

Beat Norwich 10-0. Brandon Williams scores 5. The last 5, which makes it funnier as he celebrates each one, eyes wide and mouth agog like Stuart Broad on uppers.

Draw 1-1 with Leicester. They score a last minute equaliser.*

Lose 1-0 to Leeds. They score a last minute penalty.**

* The goal is scored by an ineligible player. The result is annulled and Leicester are docked 10 points.

** Leeds are awarded 5 dodgy penalties in the match. Hladky saves the first four. He then saves the last minute one, completely fairly, but the ref orders a retake. Hladky protests, and the ref calls him over and books him. As he returns to his line, with his back to the Leeds player, the ref blows his whistle and the Leeds player scores.

There is a match-fixing investigation. Turns out the Leeds owner bunged the ref a ton of cash. Leeds are thrown out of the League.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 10:13]

And Santa gets so affronted by Leeds behaviour he refuses to deliver any presents there this year...and has a squint at how Wednesday's owner behaves and includes the relevant postcodes in Sheffield too.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 18:35 - Dec 5 with 1388 viewsTrequartista

Leeds win, Norwich draw, Leicester lose.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 18:41 - Dec 5 with 1374 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What's Gav's answer anyway?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 1351 viewsericclacton

Come on everyone ,let's here it for COLIN.

[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 20:10]
Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 09:22 - Dec 6 with 1258 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 16:20 - Dec 5 by tractorboy1978

That is just silly though. Promotion to the PL is an absolute gamechanger for the club in so many respects - financially, in terms of infrastructure, recruitment of players etc. And being a league ahead of them is the ultimate bragging rights to boot.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 16:20]

Just a difference of opinion (i know mine is selfish). The years of Norwich gloating and having seen us lose up the road in the PO's and countless other games I'd happily take stuffing them over points.
Then you have a lot that want to see Town in the Prem just to watch us play better players & teams for their own enjoyment. Sounds good but right now I'd rather hammer them.

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 12:27 - Dec 6 with 1215 viewsHerbivore

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 09:22 - Dec 6 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

Just a difference of opinion (i know mine is selfish). The years of Norwich gloating and having seen us lose up the road in the PO's and countless other games I'd happily take stuffing them over points.
Then you have a lot that want to see Town in the Prem just to watch us play better players & teams for their own enjoyment. Sounds good but right now I'd rather hammer them.

Small club mentality right there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 12:31 - Dec 6 with 1209 viewsgeg1992

When we are potentially looking at promotion, the Norwich game has much less relevance to me.

Leeds game is most important we win in my opinion.

For the draw, it's tough for me as really don't want to lose against Norwich, but at the same time don't want Leicester to pull away!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 12:39 - Dec 6 with 1198 viewsLower_North

Win
Lose
Draw

Sounds reasonable
I do know where you're coming from on 12:47 - Dec 6 with 1193 viewsDyland

Win/Draw/Lose - Norwich/Leicester/Leeds on 09:22 - Dec 6 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

though... do you really think Nodge will be gloating if they beat us twice but Town are promoted and they aren't? I mean yeh, I guess some of their more divvy fans may, but it would be the very height of participating tinpottery.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 12:53]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024