Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch 18:48 - Dec 2 with 2565 viewsRIPbobby

Is it me or have the last 2 matches seen the undersoil heating on and all the smoke from this coming inside the ground and creating a fog?
Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 18:54 - Dec 2 with 2486 viewsSitfcB

I think it’s just you

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 2468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is a shame they decided to use coal as the fuel. I am sure most others are far more environmentally friendly.

(I know, btw. Actually, I did wonder whether it has any effect on the air temperature at pitch level and helps to keep the fog at a certain level.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 2472 viewsDubtractor

I think it's just been foggy mate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:00 - Dec 2 with 2447 viewsGeoffSentence

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 18:59 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

I think it's just been foggy mate.

To be fair, the sprinklers have added to it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:03 - Dec 2 with 2432 viewsSwansea_Blue

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 18:59 - Dec 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is a shame they decided to use coal as the fuel. I am sure most others are far more environmentally friendly.

(I know, btw. Actually, I did wonder whether it has any effect on the air temperature at pitch level and helps to keep the fog at a certain level.)

They don’t use coal. It’s all modern now to reflect contemporary Britain. They burn peasants who can’t afford to feed their families - it’s sustainable, as there’s a seemingly an endless supply under Tory Britain.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:03 - Dec 2 with 2440 viewspointofblue

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:00 - Dec 2 by GeoffSentence

To be fair, the sprinklers have added to it.

As an aside, a Millwall supporter fan on their forum said they were in love with our sprinkler system on Wednesday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:06 - Dec 2 with 2384 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:03 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

They don’t use coal. It’s all modern now to reflect contemporary Britain. They burn peasants who can’t afford to feed their families - it’s sustainable, as there’s a seemingly an endless supply under Tory Britain.

Saves on benefits and fuel shipping them to Rwanda. Win win.

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:40 - Dec 2 with 2208 viewsNthQldITFC

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:03 - Dec 2 by pointofblue

As an aside, a Millwall supporter fan on their forum said they were in love with our sprinkler system on Wednesday.

Dirty devil. I hope he hasn't blocked it up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:46 - Dec 2 with 2152 viewsfactual_blue

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:03 - Dec 2 by pointofblue

That makes you a busy c^^t I think.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 20:28 - Dec 2 with 1995 viewsfactual_blue

You're wrong. What in fact happens is that, instead of putting fires out, the Arizona Fire Fighters Pension Fund package the fires and send them via FedEx to Portman Road to meet the club's entire energy needs.

I assumed everybody knew that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 21:31 - Dec 2 with 1780 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 19:06 - Dec 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Saves on benefits and fuel shipping them to Rwanda. Win win.

Saves on shipping them to Rwanda, and coal from the Rhondda!
Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:15 - Dec 2 with 1637 viewsRyorry

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 18:59 - Dec 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Seriously, how is it powered?

I'd like to think we were environmentally aware & doing our bit to have a low carbon footprint.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:33 - Dec 2 with 1567 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:15 - Dec 2 by Ryorry

Seriously, how is it powered?

I'd like to think we were environmentally aware & doing our bit to have a low carbon footprint.

I would assume all undersoil heating is electric. That would suggest it depends on whether the club uses a sustainable green energy provider.

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:59 - Dec 2 with 1507 viewsRyorry

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:33 - Dec 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would assume all undersoil heating is electric. That would suggest it depends on whether the club uses a sustainable green energy provider.

I'd have liked it to be primarily solar, with all that space on the stand roofs for panels!

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 23:45 - Dec 2 with 1422 viewsDubtractor

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:59 - Dec 2 by Ryorry

I'd have liked it to be primarily solar, with all that space on the stand roofs for panels!

You'd struggle to make a financial case for solar panels at a football ground - huge power use once a fortnight for 90 minutes, in the dark, in the winter, and almost no use in the Summer, when the sun shines.

Obviously they would feed into the grid, but the real saving is using your own power.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 00:20 - Dec 3 with 1370 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 22:59 - Dec 2 by Ryorry

They may not have solar panels on them, but Marcus Evans was ahead of the game and experimented with reforesting of the North Stand roof for several years.
Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 05:34 - Dec 3 with 1246 viewsPerublue

Haven't they heard of Soylent (yellow and) green...each wafer seems to have an extra digit to the cost though...inflation I guess.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 08:33 - Dec 3 with 1090 viewslazyblue

Er it’s been really misty this week.
Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 08:54 - Dec 3 with 1044 viewsitfcbam

Wednesday night the fog was clearly coming over the top of the stand. Not sure the watering of the pitch at half time would have helped but am sure the grounds people know far more than us
Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 09:24 - Dec 3 with 987 viewsRyorry

Undersoil heating exhaust on and around pitch on 23:45 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

You'd struggle to make a financial case for solar panels at a football ground - huge power use once a fortnight for 90 minutes, in the dark, in the winter, and almost no use in the Summer, when the sun shines.

Obviously they would feed into the grid, but the real saving is using your own power.

Wouldn't selling it to the Grid make it economically viable?

In any case, even if it didn't actually make us any money, I'd like us to be doing our bit - and sending out a message.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024